[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /k/ reload their gun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: 1241234213421.jpg (63 KB, 736x486) Image search: [Google]
1241234213421.jpg
63 KB, 736x486
Do you just let your empties drop to the ground? Do you always keep one empty space in you magazine pouch[es] so you can put away the empty and grab a fresh one? Do you keep all your spaces full and do some kind of juggling act? ext...

Recently got an East German mag pouch for my VZ and been practicing a juggling act with the magazines so I can use 5 (unlock magazine, grab the bottom with my palm and ring/pinkie and pull it out, grab fresh magazine with thumb and index/middle finger, pop it in, throw empty magazine into the empty space the fresh magazine came out of). Made me wonder how other folk on /k/ like doing it.
>>
File: AK-47_Reloading_Coach_3P.png (238 KB, 955x472) Image search: [Google]
AK-47_Reloading_Coach_3P.png
238 KB, 955x472
>>27922261
Personally, I find all that "western" reloading just awkward. At least with my AK, I tend to do it the basic, you could say "Russian" way: the supportive hand stays on the forestock, the firing hand removes the old mag, takes and inserts new one, and charges the gun.
The rifle can remain pointed towards the target throughout the whole procedure, it's easier to keep up like that, and there's less chance of tumbling with the mags. Even charging the gun's far easier with my right hand.

It's pretty much how the characters reload the AK47 in L4D2, in case you nerds haven't seen this in action.
>>
>>27922261

i drop all my mags on the ground. granted i shoot competition so i can pick up my mags a few minutes later...
>>
File: DSC02733.jpg (2 MB, 1720x966) Image search: [Google]
DSC02733.jpg
2 MB, 1720x966
always drop my mags on the ground. found fumbling fpr a dump pouch was a pain in the ass
>>
I place them gently on the soft, carpeted table top at the local range. Every once in awhile I'll practice fast reloads, but just feel like an awkward mall ninja Calla duty fag.
>>
I don't mind my guns/ mags getting dirty, but I couldn't just drop them to the ground unless practicing some speed drills or something tacticool
>>
I reload most rifles the way i learned in the swiss army
>strong arm always on pistol grip
>put mag in
>ensure fit (slap or wiggle)
>rack bolt with weak arm

This actually didn't work so well with my BSR-74 at least the racking part.
Because the Stgw 90 has a rubber pad on the charging handle so you can easily rack it with your palm without turning your rifle sideways. then you are supposed to drive the bolt all the way back and "slip over the end finishing your hand motion on your shoulder (if exaggarated)
the BSR has a pointy end on the handle
From that point on i turned it and gripped the charging handle with my fingers
>>
>>27922261
Military habit was always to retain the magazines if possible. Basically, if I was behind cover and could spare the extra seconds, the old magazine went into a dump pouch or cargo pocket. It's always preferable in deployed environments to retain magazines for later use (sometimes you're in a place that can't supply you with tons more, littering the battlefield with "trash" that might be collected as an inviting IED for later friendly troops is a dick move, and of course if your mag is only half empty you want to keep those rounds).

Way I've been taught to do retention reloads is to bring the rifle in closer to the body (tactical buzzword: "workspace").

If absolutely required by time, of course dropping a single mag is better than getting shot, so, if like, doing an on-line assault and moving forward, yeah, just dropping mags in the dirt.

My local range's competition nicely adds the rule that dropping non-empty mags adds to your time, so that' incentive for dump pouches.

For "real life" juggling empty mags back into a vest is time consuming, and it causes a potentional mixup for magazines. You're set up to reach for a fresh mag only to find out it's empty.
>>
I always shove my emties in the dump just so I don't end up loosing them in the woods.
>>
>>27922261

Dump pouch.
>>
i shove my empties into my anus for retention
>>
I follow this guy's advice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Jd3ltvb8k
>>
>>27922261
>grab new magazine like a beer can
>rip out old one
>replace
>pull the charging handle

If I have time to care about retaining mags, I'm probably not in any real danger. My life is more important than a piece of aluminum that I'm carrying seven of, on top of the 13 extras I have at home.
>>
Throw them at the enemy
>>
>>27922925
/thread
>>
>>27922925
This is pretty good advice
>>
>>27922261
Who is this deliciously bearded bear??!
>>
File: vz58 stripper.webm (2 MB, 500x326) Image search: [Google]
vz58 stripper.webm
2 MB, 500x326
>>27922261
>VZ
>mags

doing it wrong mate
>>
>>27922627
That when i have time, how is this a question.
>>
Ar15
Remove mag left hand into dump pouch
Left hand insert new mag and palm the bolt release
Ak
Remove mag with right hand into pouch
Right hand new mag in
Right hand charge
Sks
Right hand clip into top, push in bullets.
Nudge charging handle just enough to let it slam home.

Pew pew pew
>>
>only 2 of my 5 guns have detachable mags
>have only one mag for each
>tfw bench queen
>>
>>27923006
because that was quicker than just putting a new mag in
>>
>>27922261
> that pic

Dammit, I need to lose some weight.
>>
>>27922690
What the hell did I just watch...?
>>
>eject mag
>insert new mag
its that simple
>>
File: 1234132412421.gif (3 MB, 621x341) Image search: [Google]
1234132412421.gif
3 MB, 621x341
>There are still people who use their hands to reload
It's 2015 nigga, lrn2telekinesis
>>
File: RHfaX1.jpg (94 KB, 960x689) Image search: [Google]
RHfaX1.jpg
94 KB, 960x689
>>27922261
>Made me wonder how other folk on /k/ like doing it.
>>27922343
>"Russian" way
dont like mag pouch on right side to do this

for my AK?
right hand on grip, stock under arm, left hand works mags in pouch on left hip
1- if not in hurry remove empty mag and put in empty slot in mag pouch on left hip then grab full mag with left hand load and grab the gun with left hand pull it out from under arm and shoulder it and now use right hand to charge it then aim
2 - if in hurry then grab full mag with left hand use it to remove empty mag like in op's pic, grab gun with left hand, shoulder the stock and and charge with right at same time, while using left hand and shoulder to start aiming, by the time my right hand is on grip and finger on trigger then im aimed at my target, all movements can be done without looking at weapon
for my G3?
1 if in hurry, pull the cocking lever back and lock it
press mag release with trigger finger at same time letting mag drop (only a small movement of right hand)
use left hand to grab full mag from pouch on left hip ..load..
--dat HK g3 slap on the cocking lever
left hand back in place and aim
2 not in hurry like at range then i will grab the mag with left hand after pulling cocking lever back and put it in an empty space in pouch b4 getting full mag
>>
>>27923081
If you only have one magazine left and it runs dry it's faster than trying to quickly reload your mags one bullet at a time.
Actually that;s how early Czech military doctrine worked, carry 5 mags, when they ran out load the gun like an SKS (one stripper clip at a time, not three at a time)
>>
Strong hand retention with some for of dump for rifles

Pistol mags get dropped while the fresh mag is being drawn because it makes more sense to me from a CC perspective

Still playing with my shotgun techniques though. Idk of I like tucking, pulling it in or going over the should competition style. Won't really know until I get a shorter shotgun
>>
>>27923170
what this be
>>
>>27923316
Secret reload for the akm in Battlefield Hardline
>>
>>27923338
i like bf series, on steam
>>
File: Kalashnikovs.jpg (284 KB, 1600x984) Image search: [Google]
Kalashnikovs.jpg
284 KB, 1600x984
>>27922261

When I start to get low, I pull out a fresh mag. I use the new mag as a sort-of cross-bar stabilizer, almost like a cz-75. When all ammo has been expended from the previous magazine, I press the mag release and jam the new mag into the magwell.

It only takes like 1.2-2 seconds tops. However, I can see it being sort of impractical, because it kind of implies that you're keeping track of every single round you have expended.
>>
>>27922261
AKfag here. If I'm trying to be all tacticool, I do the flick-it-out-with-the-new-mag thing. Otherwise I just take my time.
>>
>>27922261
There's going to be 2 types of situations where you have to reload
1) I'm covered so I don't have to worry about the extra 2 seconds it takes to pouch my empty mag
2) OH SHIT

Practice for both. In a civilians combat (shtf or whatever) situation throwing away all your mags is going to lead to problems. You're not a soldier who can go back to base and have all sorts of logistics bringing you unlimited mags, you have a limited number. If I had to leave one behind, oh well as long as I'm safe. If I leave one behind, then another, then another... well shit.
>>
>>27922593
Lefty

Threw my empties into my right leg cargo pocket.

Thankfully never had any tic dismounted during my tour that needed a few rounds in the general direction to get them to fuck off. .

Did love their IEDs though
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.