[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soda Can launcher now an NFA item
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: NFA humor.jpg (451 KB, 1425x984) Image search: [Google]
NFA humor.jpg
451 KB, 1425x984
Goddamned ATF now considers the Soda Can Launcher as either an AOW or SBR when attached to a reciever
https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2014/11/soda-can-launcher-not-a-dd.html
>>
Wut... I can't even...
>>
File: thanks for the story anon.png (547 KB, 500x488) Image search: [Google]
thanks for the story anon.png
547 KB, 500x488
>>27922242
nice of you to finally notice
>>
File: tommy boy rage.gif (3 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
tommy boy rage.gif
3 MB, 240x180
wtf
>>
File: 1426318218489.jpg (46 KB, 820x774) Image search: [Google]
1426318218489.jpg
46 KB, 820x774
>>27922242
You have got to be fucking kidding me.
>>
>>27922242
>2015
>not legal anymore to shoot redguard home invaders with assault grape drank launcher without paying $200 stamp and filling out a bunch of retarded paperwork

It's like the government forgot we're America or something.
>>
>>27922598

What, you think inalienable rights should be free?
>>
Protip: if people stopped writing the ATF for clarification letters this shit wouldn't happen.
>>
>>27922607
lol
>>
File: christmascake.jpg (813 KB, 750x3200) Image search: [Google]
christmascake.jpg
813 KB, 750x3200
>>27922611
>anon writes the ATF a letter
>ATF writes back
>They criminalize something that was previously legal
>It's anon's fault for writing the letter
>>
>>27922678
Yes.
Leave the grey areas grey. Asking the ATF anything forces them to make it black or white.
>>
>>27922242
What survives the decay of time is not left in stone. It is left in the hearts and minds of your brother's children which you've allowed a life of liberty.
To compromise freedom is to lose everything, so you might as well give freedom your best shot, literally. When the blue tyrants enforce corruption, know your enemy.
>>
>>27922678
I thought I was the only one here that read the lawdog files.
>>
File: 1444865275799 (1).jpg (217 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1444865275799 (1).jpg
217 KB, 1920x1200
>>27922709
>Google turns up no results

10/10 anon, please keep fighting the good fight
>>
>>27922757
I have 4000 words worth of OC freedom saved on a word file.

A recollection of the human condition and it's reciprocation through the evolution of society. Christianity has changed from its original form, yet there are those who retain its principals, I’m suggesting we learn from this and better protect our freedom of will, independently. Cherish the constitution and it will withstand the living waves of dictation and degeneration of libertarian society. Much like the church of god, it is not necessarily facilitated behind borders, but within the man who carries himself righteously. Where you have freedom, you are a living testament to libertarian ideology, and are enabling its future.
>>
File: AGOLFmounted-2.jpg (52 KB, 533x260) Image search: [Google]
AGOLFmounted-2.jpg
52 KB, 533x260
does this include golf ball lawn chair muzzle devices?
>>
>>27922832
No its only banned because there is a short unrifled unported smoothbore barrel in the can cannon so the atf called it a sbs.
>>
>>27922832
No.
The only reason they classified this as an sbr is in that giant tube there is a ~3" "barrel".
Golf ball launchers usually screw on as a muzzle device would, on a 16" barrel.

>>27922611
While true, the companies that put out these kinds of product have to submit a sample for approval.
Otherwise the ATF would stopped them from even going to market, and probably labeled it a DD.
>>
>>27922832
why dont you write a fucking letter to the federal assholes and make them clarify it
>>
No surprise. The ar/m16 was mislabeled since day1. The upper is the gun, much like the fal.
>>
>>27922832
No. Notice the barrel it is attached to is a 16" barrel.
>>
>>27922934
This exact thing happened with the Sig brace.
The ATF said it was okay. Then a bunch of retards were like, "is this okay? I know they said its okay but it doesn't feel okay? I'm gonna write a letter!"
They get a letter back saying its okay and post it on arfcom. Cue 500 retards who all want their own personalized letter from the ATF. So the ATF gets buttmad and says "actually fuck you, its not okay anymore leave us alone dammit"
>>
>>27923016
>This exact thing happened with the Sig brace.
Except that's not at all what happened with the can cannon.
Did you read the ATF determination letter on their site?
It's addressed to the X-products, as they themselves, had submitted the sample for classification. They didn't expect the sbr/aow determination because the barrel is worthless to shoot actual ammo.

It on the bottom of the page.

http://www.xproducts.com/ar-15-soda-can-launcher-accessories-launcher

They are redesigning it though, and will have to resubmit to get that stupid classification to go away.
>>
>>27922242
I wonder what this is classified as.
>>27920840
>>
How exactly is the can cannon upper set up? I know it's a barrel stub set up for blanks only with larger tube it but is the main tube permanently attached to the barrel stub?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.