[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UZI parts kit to assemble or not assemble
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I have milled out 3 80% AR's without a problem but Im a bit concerned with the ATF regulations on UZI parts kits since the were originally full autos. EX. welding a block so the selector cant go into the auto selection, not using a full out dust cover wtf? and on and on. I found a parts kit for $130, serialized new upper $100, and a 16' barrel for 150. So im only looking at 380 in parts. Should I go for it /k/ or is it safer to just buy a complete one?
>>
>>27920982
Save your money and buy a Transferable UZI. These carbine versions of SMGs are not very practical, so you might as well go all out and get the real deal.
>>
You need to bitch about the laws that force you to jump though hoops.

Bitch loudly.

If things keep going the way they are, we'll need to consult a lawyer every time we cross state lines.

I'm all for states rights but there's some things all Americans should be able to do.
>>
>>27920982
if your concern is money just buy one
the only gun thats cost effective to build is the ar
everything else is a money pit unless youve got the tools already and intend to build multiple
>>
>>27921003
Im not really after a full auto. I was just looking for a new build besides another AR.
>>
>>27921005
Im not bitching im asking the community if this project is reasonable to undertake or would it be advisable to just buy a complete one.
>>
>>27921060
if you want to build it cause you want to build it its doable

if you want to build it cause you want a working uzi just buy one
>>
>>27921010
Ive only spent about two hours researching it but I haven't found and significant tool requirements since i'm buying a finished upper. I dont think any parts are riveted like an AK
>>
>>27920982
OP, have you heard of UZI talk? They have a large section on UZI reference material:

http://www.uzitalk.com
>>
>>27921248
Ill check it out thanks for the link
>>
Biggest pain besides rewelding the receiver is reworking the bolt to fire from a closed position. There's plenty written online on how to do it legally.

It's definitely not about saving money, and I wouldn't recommend it unless you have access to the tools and have the fabrication experience needed for the undertaking.

However, it is a good starter project in the world of building parts kits and firearms from scratch.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.