[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boot Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10
Hey /k/ looking for a good work boot (security) any Suggestions? 50-200 dollars price range. Preferably black.
>>
fuck this captacha shit, bump
>>
>>27920240
I had a pair like that, I loved just zipping up quickly. I don't have it at arm's reach though since I'm at work so IDK what one. I wouldn't recommend the pair I got based on it being less insulated vs my original pairs I got in the military. It was good for being based in texas though.
>>27920284
just buy a pass if you post a ton, I can't live without it
captcha is annoying enough on the computer, and even more infuriating on my phone
>>
>>27920319
Any brand recommendations? I just pulled that image off Google
>>
>>27920396
Different anon here. I've had decent luck with Magnum boots.
>>
>>27920439
I'll look in to it. I'm just looking for something subtle and tough, I go through "normal" shoes every 2-3 months I'm hard on all my equipment so...
>>
>>27920396
This is the type I have, IDK which exact model though. One of the two on the bottom with zippers.
http://www.workbootsusa.com/corcoran-jump-boots.html
But for my money, I'd probably get a wellco if I were getting another pair. I love my current ones. I push them hard and they're damn near indestructable. Link related isn't exactly what I've got, but comparable probably. I don't think they sell the same style I have 2 pairs of.
http://www.workbootsusa.com/wellcob251.html
Bates was another popular brand when I was in, but I never owned one.
>>
>>27920482
Thank you very much gents
>>
>>27920240
Nike Special Field Boots. Light, comfy, and professional looking. Zippers are overrated. Work out until you don't feel like dying when you bend down to tie your boots.
>>
>>27920488
No prob. Just remember that comfort trumps cost, especially for hard work/play boots. And that's why I'd spend the extra for the wellcos, even if it's not as convenient as a zip-up.
When I worked in the military, they were fine because I was inside a sigint rsoc building all day so the less comfortable corcoran zip-ups didn't bother me. In that case, convenience was king.
>>
>>27920532
>Nike Special Field Boots
Not OP but I've been looking at the 6" ones in OD for a while as an innawoods/ghillie fuckery pair.
>>
>>27920532
>Nike Special Field Boots
Those actually remind me a lot more of the wellco boots I have currently and love. They're not far from identical. OP should think about those too, and the price isn't too bad either.
>>
>>27920463
That's what really surprised me about Magnums the first time I bought them- they lasted about 3 times longer than they should have. I go through 2 pairs of work boots per year, I've managed to make a pair of Magnums last almost 2 years.

Whatever brand boot you get, make sure you equip a good aftermarket innersole.
>>
File: Belleville.jpg (557 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
Belleville.jpg
557 KB, 1632x1224
>>27920240
I have 2 pairs of Bellevilles

they're pretty great

like $150-200 tho

one insulated and steel toe

other pair, side zipper not insulated, no steel toe

both waterproof

i like the pair on the left more, the non-insulated/non-steel toe, side zipper pair

>pic related
>>
>>27920240
daily use?
will they have time to dry if they were gortex lined?

companies that I've worn \/

good brands
salomon
danner
Lowa
asolo

cheap but good
keen
merrell
>>
Bates.
>>
Spring the extra little bit of money and get a pair of Matterhorns

You won't regret it
>>
I wore Altama jungle boots with the vibram sole when I worked corrections. They kept my feet cool and lasted 3 years. They cost about $125.
>>
Red wing Irish setter. Last pair lasted me 3 years of daily use and wore them to work at a factory 5 days a week until this summer when they finally fell apart
>>
>People still recommending heavy, worthless combat style boots
>Almost 2016

Unless you're a try-hard mall Goth or otherwise forced to wear them no one wears combat style boots. You wear Backpacking boots at the worst.
>>
>>27920319
>buying a pass
>2015
you do know that the new owner of 4chan is literally the antichrist NSA TSA CIA guy, right?

>>27920240
I wear 40 dollar plastic/rubber combat boots. In my experience, it doesn't matter what type of boot you get as long as it fits nicely the first time, it only gets better with age.
>>
>>27921165
I love my so called "combat boots." all of mine have great ankle support and since I work in a auto shop it's nice to have steel toes just in case. I wear them pretty much everywhere.and I am in no way "forced to wear them.
>>
>>27921165
just fuck my ankles up, bro
just fuck em up

I've got magnums with side zips. 8 inch with steel toe (required where I work). I really like them, they're comfortable as fuck, but I've got one complaint, really.

I work a constant 9-5 shift and I take my boots off twice a day, every day (and I might wear them outside in the winter or during the rain) and the god damn zipper broke on my first pair after, eh... 8 months? 9 months? Tore it right off, Magnum wouldn't replace them, which I understand. It's sort of a bummer to buy a new set of boots every single year- the boots themselves are fine but with the zipper rekd you cannot wear them at all.

I suppose I could bring them in and get them repaired (I've got the old set in the closet)

Boots themselves are great, still in decent shape. I've got some chips in the toe that are basically unfixable but otherwise still in good shape.
>>
File: meme.jpg (13 KB, 300x220) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
13 KB, 300x220
>>
>>27921228

>Fuck my ankles up

Do you have any idea what a fucking Backpacking boot is?

Do you realize hiking boots are almost universally high-ankle cuts?

They also take advantage of modern composite materials and understanding of the human foot.

Literally any fucking hiking or backpacking boot worth a fuck > combat boots.

There's a reason no one in the military with say in the matter wears "combat boots" anymore, and instead almost universally opt for COTS hiking boots, backpacking boots, or trail runners.
>>
>>27921178
It's kind of hard to live here with captcha driving me nuts once I've lived without it, both before it even existed here, and especially now when I know I don't need to deal with it. I'll gladly pay the tiny fraction of a cent per post.
I'm happy to support the 4chans monetarily at least till it goes to complete shit or there's a far better alternative. It's still by far the best place on the net as far as I'm concerned. I'd barely use my computer if it wasn't for /k/, and a side of youtube and the faster than light game.
>>
File: brit face.jpg (138 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
brit face.jpg
138 KB, 500x800
>>27921278
How are modern swat/combat boots any fucking different from hiking boots other than swag as fuck/mallninja styling you colossal faggot.

Like, for fucks sake, I've got both in my closet and they're practically identical. One is black and one is brown, wow-wee.
>>
>>27921361

I own a pair of Salomon 4D GTX 2s as well as an older pair of first generation Oboz wind runners. I also wore combat boots for a living as an Infantryman for many years.

The difference is huge, everything from sole pattern to interior support, to the materials used. My commercial hiking boots are more comfortable, offer better support, and more features like better water proofing. Combat boots are designed for lowest common denominator, lowest bidder use.
>>
File: 12318-019.jpg (628 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
12318-019.jpg
628 KB, 2000x2000
I'm between 2 sets. The 5.11 Skyweight Recon boots and Palladium Tactical boots. The 5.11s would probably be more durable and field capable, but the Palladiums are more "street boots"
>>
>>27921472
>>
>>27921401
When the people in this thread are talking about combat boots, I might be speaking out of line, but we're not talking about the garbage you get in the military, hell, most of us have stated the brands, specifically. "Combat" or "Swat" styled boots, you autist.
>>
Might be a little off-topic, but does anyone here have experience with Blauer?
>>
Ariats. End of thread
>>
boots with side zippers should only be worn by vehicle crewmen and people that handle fuel and ammo.

The zippers do not take well to lots of walking.
>>
>>27920240
Magnums are okay just don't get the shitty civvie grade stuff.
>>
>>27921472
>>27921482
How comfy are they? I really like the looks of those. For my job, I'm on my feet for anywhere from 3-7 hours straight. Also are they durable?
>>
I'm looking for something comfy and durable too. I'm not a security guard, I just set up and tear down for events, some light guard work, and moving furniture around, so I'm on my feet a lot usually carrying a lot of weight. Any recommendations?
>>
>>27923945
I have Belleville Tactical Research boots with a side zipper

see here:>>27920765

No issues with the zipper with hiking in them.

I think the flaw with the zipper, is that even though it's a high quality zipper, it's going to give out taking them off and on eventually, not just from walking
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 856x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 856x640
>>27921165
Fuck you, my Corcorans were made in the 50's and I wear those fuckers all the time. Spit shined boots make good impressions, as long as you don't have a skinhead look going.
>>
Love my 5.11 atac shield 8". I wear them everyday and i ride most days of the year. Slog through mud and water fairly regularly and they have stayed water proof for 1+ years. The only reason I bought a new pair was because I get $75 a year from work toqards safety shoes/boots. Buy from LA policy gear, they are well priced, usually have coupon codes and always give you tons of free crap with the boots like socks. The side zip cab take a little break in but if it runs put a piece of packing foam or an extra sock over the place it rubs. Helps stretch the leather and break it in. Coat $150.

I did once have leather surplus boots with a steel toe that I paid $30 for that match the 5.11s for durability and comfort and they somehow were waterproof without treating them if they were tied tight. They lasted about 6 years before the soles disintegrated, the leather was still good tho.
>>
>>27924999
Not him but zippers, no matter how strong, have fabric tape that will fail faster than leather will. I wear zippers for convenience but I have to have them replaced sometimes. I don't work in my boots so the leather itself will last more than my lifetime.
>>
>>27921178
No, but he's sold user data in the past to data mining companies, with this site being notoriously difficult to turn a profit, I assume he'll be doing the same. I'd just refrain from saying edgy shit just in case, but the site really does lack viable alternatives, hence I'm stuck here.
www.anonymous-japan.org/fake2ch/

back to the issue at hand, I'd advise against zippers. I'd also wear as light of a boot as possible for the job at hand, so if I'm not carrying anything heavy on me, I'd just stick with canvas boots like palladiums.
>>
File: Eustice.jpg (42 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
Eustice.jpg
42 KB, 540x720
>>27924950
bump
>>
File: matterhornboot.jpg (87 KB, 442x541) Image search: [Google]
matterhornboot.jpg
87 KB, 442x541
>>27920240
Corcoran Matterhorn 10 inch all leather insulated boots.
>Non-Metallic Shank
>Moisture Wicking Lining
>Water-Resistant Breathable Full Grain Leather Upper
>Vibram® Sierra Fire & Ice Slip-Resistant Outsole
>Goodyear Patented Flex-Welt™ Construction
>200 Grams of Thinsulate™ Insulation
>Removable Polyurethane Cushioned Insert
>Polyurethane Midsole
>Waterproof/Breathable GORE-TEX® Bootie

Made in the US and can be found for under $200 with a bit of online shopping. Plus they look good.
>>
>>27925346
>but he's sold user data in the past to data mining companies
oh the horror... of things that happen to you every day through damn near every larger company that has your info
>>
>>27921472
yesterday some guy posted a pic of palladium pataugas being used by a us soldier in desert storm. are they inconspicuous enough to wear in the city in public without being looked at like a retard? also are they waterproof? and where could i get a pair? they look comfy and light but still boot like
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.