[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are nukes even the same species as us?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
Are nukes even the same species as us?
>>
>>27917664
How can nukes be real if atoms aren't real?
>>
>>27917664
>are nukes even the same species as us?
No, OP. Nukes are fission-type weapons usually made from metals and fun stuff that makes you glow. You and me are frail, puny meatbags. Not same species. Not even close to the same. Hope this cleared it up for you
>>
>>27917681
Maybe OP isn't an human but a bot, thinking that /k/ is populated by bots like him.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 299x301) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 299x301
>>27917681
>>
>>27917906
No wonder captcha wants my help so badly.
>>
>>27917664
Is that some Harmon Rabb I see in the upper left hand corner?
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 167x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 167x250
>what I actually do
Should look more like pic related
>>
File: comm1.jpg (2 MB, 3600x2400) Image search: [Google]
comm1.jpg
2 MB, 3600x2400
Anon here in the process of joining the Navy as a Nuke. Anyone here have any experiences to share? How much better is this MOS than a combat medic?
>>
>>27917921
it is
>>
>>27918084
>have to glue a guy back together after he ran in front of his buddy's SAW during live fire
Vs
>go without sleep for 30+ hours because muh training/drills/cleaning
Both sound rather unpleasant.
>>
>>27918113
So you would have to agree that both jobs are making things run smoothly no matter how boring they are and even then you are still responsible for people's lives?
>>
>>27918084
Nuke school has the highest suicide rate in the entire military it is not pleasant
>>
>>27918084
I am a 68w, and my cousin is a nuke. We have concluded that we would not want each other's job.

Honestly, they are so different that it is hard to make comparisons.
>>
>>27918084
>joining the navy as a nuke

Why would you do that ever?

Your recruiter lied to you because he gets a big bonus for any idiot he wrangles into the nuke school.

>You spend a year in classes with idiots doing 12+ hour days
>You then spend 8 months on an old sub with a reactor tied to a pier in awful conditions and learn how much you hate your life
>You then get put on a boat
>Whenever you visit port, you get to stay inside and watch the reactor
>Anything fun or interesting happens: you're watching the reactor
>ALL shit rolls down to you
>You get to sit and watch the reactor with other depressed people who make you more depressed because none of you ever get to go out and do anything
>Your job is critical and in demand so you practically never get any off time
>Did I forget to mention that all you ever get to do is watch the reactor?
>>
>>27918600
>why would you ever
Because civi nukes make fucking bank and if you finish your contract as a navy nuke you can basically walk into a job at a civilian plant starting at 30-45 dollars an hour
>>
>>27918623
>Someone actually got wrangled into believing this

I've got bad news for you, the civilian nuke field is oversaturated for the foreseeable future with only IT being worse.
>>
>>27918623
>starting at 30-45 dollars an hour
It genuinely blows my mind how little Americans get paid these days.
>>
>>27918654
Shit I just DEPed in as a nuke about a month ago. Is the job market really that saturated?
>>
>>27918659
$90k a year is probably the highest anyone without a college degree could possibly hope for, short of starting a company and doing insanely well
>>
>>27918683
there is a total of one (1) nuclear facility being built in the US, with every other one having been built in the 80s or earlier. It doesn't take a whole lot of knowledge of the industry to show that supply in the form of ex-military is going to far, far outstrip demand in the civilian market
>>
>>27918690

Most nuke jobs are about maintaining existing plants which aren't going away any time soon.
>>
>>27918659
This is American money, not Aussie funny money. Also living expenses in the US and Canada are extremely low compared to Yurop.
>>
>>27918690
It's not just ex-military either, it's also all the standard college kids and the H1-B visas that are used to get around paying workers what they're worth.
>>
>>27918683
What you think the Navy ran short of gullible young white males with little motivation?
>>
>>27917664
what does a nuke do?
I keep hearing of navy recruiter trying to rope in anyone into the program, why are they so needed?
>>
>>27918822
You get to watch the reactor.

It's not the most interesting job if you're doing it well. If it becomes interesting, you've fucked up.
>>
>>27918155
That describes several jobs, sure.
>>
>>27918084

>Navy
>MOS

If you're going to join the military, you should learn what acronyms are what.
>>
>>27918696
No one tell you about Fitz? Plants are getting shut down more because natural gas prices are dropping due to fracking, so they can no longer compete economically (breddy fuggan expensive to run & maintain a nuke plant). LUCKILY, for that other anon that's worried about the job market: nukes will remain among the most employable military folk, and there are plenty of companies that want to hire them - not just nuke plants.
>>
>>27918822
You clean, train, study, clean, drill, stand/sit watch, clean, train, clean...
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.