[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Taurus Revolvers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: M65 013.jpg (901 KB, 3263x2447) Image search: [Google]
M65 013.jpg
901 KB, 3263x2447
Are they huge pieces of shit or are they worth their price?

I hear Taurus made a decent Beretta 92 clone.
>>
>>27917131

I have a Taurus .357 Magnum Titanium and .44 Magnum Tracker that function flawlessly. They're no Colt, S&W or even Ruger but they function just fine. If its a good price, go for it.
>>
File: 1447503228192.jpg (114 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1447503228192.jpg
114 KB, 640x480
>>27917196
I really want to buy a Model 65, but after seeing things like pic related, I get dissuaded
>>
>>27917131
I've got a judge I got for $275 new and a model 85. Love em both, its not a higher class revolver. It's no Dan Wesson but it is a functioning revolver that does its intended purpose. I've never had any form of issue.
>>
>>27917131
I have a Taurus 608 and it has yet to give me a single issue
>>
File: taurus-1-tau_2_454069m[1].jpg (55 KB, 650x344) Image search: [Google]
taurus-1-tau_2_454069m[1].jpg
55 KB, 650x344
>>27917131
>A large contract for the Beretta 92 was with the Brazilian army, for which Beretta set up a factory in Brazil. This factory was later sold to the Brazilian gunmaker Taurus (Forjas Taurus S/A ). Taurus makes these pistols (called the PT92) without the need for a license from Beretta since their design is based on the original Beretta 92, whose patents have since expired.

I've heard their revolvers are decent, and the pt92 is good. I've heard pretty much everything else sucks. I do want to buy pic related eventually though.
>>
Mostly decent. Ruger or S&W will be better for various reasons but jewgold.

I had one that was okay and a .44 that went out of time and started shaving lead after a couple hundred rounds. I assume they would have fixed it, but i just sold it to a dumbass instead.
>>
>>27917211
pretty sure the dude in that thread said it was a case of ++++++P and not a taurus revolver. I could be wrong, I'm not going to the check the catalog or archive for it.
>>
>>27917211
That has happened to s&w's and colts and every other brand in history too. No matter what that shooter claims, that situation is almost always caused by over pressure cartridges, though bad metallurgy can happen too.

Taurus is not S&W. No one is claiming that.

In my experience, the problems that Taurus revolvers usually have are timing issues and rust. Those can be taken care of at home with tools and know-how when the time comes. Or you can save up more cash. Your choice.
>>
>>27917391
The cylinder release looks like a Ruger a little but the Taurus key locked hammer is in full view. Its a Taurus. Looks like you and I >>27917420 have both called that one as being grossly over pressure.

Taurus revolvers go out of time early. That's it. Get small parts and gunsmith tools or plan on selling it on arms list in five years.
>>
File: 65SS4.jpg (36 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
65SS4.jpg
36 KB, 1000x1000
I prefer it in stainless steel
>>
Better than a baseball bat.
Assuming it still works and your not using it as a bulegeon.
It that case your better off with the bat.
Better hold on to that bat just in case.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.