[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Light/Holster Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_1017_8x8.jpg (204 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1017_8x8.jpg
204 KB, 800x600
Thinking about getting a Surefire XC1 to throw on my CCW, Glock 19. I like it because it appears to add next to null weight and print to the Glock, but was hoping to get a few answers from my /k/omrades.
1) How is the XC1? Worth the cash? Does it add more print than I'm expecting?
2) Is there a better light at a similar size?
I will also obviously need a new holster to accommodate the light. My current holster is the Blade-Tech Nano: http://shop.blade-tech.com/index.php?cPath=1_13_16#.Vkuxr7_p9qB
I'd like the new holster to be similar. The features I require are IWB, kydex, ability to put on/off without undoing my whole belt, two points of attachment that I can attach on either side of a belt loop (to prevent sliding), full shirt guard, and minimum amount of ectra gaff protruding off the sides past the plastic actually covering the gun. I was looking at http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/INC/Shadow_XC1_E.html (pic related,) but had a few questions about it.
1) Anyone have experience with it? Is it a solid holster? Comfy? Keeps the gun in secure?
2) Can I attach a second clip to those two holes on top of the slide?
3) The fuck is a mojo, and what is the difference between standard and super?
>>
>>27912507

spending $300 on 200 lumens

>worth the cash?

no.

>mojo riser

makes the clip stick out from the holster more basically, which increases printing. also the clip comes bent away from the holster to push the holster into your body, which also increases printing. I love my g-code but the clip and mojo riser are fucking grade a retarded. I boiled my clip and bent it to me almost straight. i dont know why the fuck they design the clip like that.
>>
>>27912507
bump
>>
>>27912642
With a little looking I can find it for $270. Might be able to find it for cheaper with a little more, and Black Friday/Cyber Monday ARE coming up. What price would you pay for it?
>>
>>27912810

I wouldn't buy any surefire gear. Their gear is nice but its not worth what they charge. I run a TLR1-HL and appendix carry with a G-Code holster. Picked up the TLR for $120 on amazon.

600 lumens for $120 vs. $300 for 200

also ive seen a handful of posts with XC1 breaking, particularly the toggle switch.
>>
I have the standard incog and love mine. Comfy, but sitting down is annoying at times. Never had any issues with it.
>>
File: IMG_20151115_165911.jpg (421 KB, 1272x944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151115_165911.jpg
421 KB, 1272x944
>>27912810

I got mine at Opticsplanet for like $210 because they were discounting all flashlights, still might be able to get that deal.

I like it, yeah it's still expensive at $210 but it's the best damn light for ccw for a G19, hands fucking down.
>>
>>27912921

No fucking shit a 2 cell CR123 puts out more lumens than a AAA light. You're not paying more for more lumens with the surefire, retard, you're paying for the size and weight, which is basically unnoticable (1.6oz) vs a dumb looking streamlight that sticks out in front of and to the sides of a gun you're gonna IWB.
>>
>>27913253
What about holsters?
>>
>>27913309

I looked at G-code and the other kydex makers, but I prefer leather/kydex hybrid holsters so I got one from guardian concealment. Works just like a standard hybrid holster, with the size of the XC1 there is absolutely zero increase in printing or discomfort, it's 100% unnoticeable on the gun which is excellent.
>>
File: IMG_6862.jpg (775 KB, 2200x1467) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6862.jpg
775 KB, 2200x1467
XC1 is pretty solid for an EDC light. Plenty bright, especially for the size, and is perfect for the 19.

INCOGs are pretty great, although I've found myself preferring a winged holster for appendix cary. Waiting on my holster to be built right now.

>>27912921
Streamlight, please go.

The lights are decent for the price, but a damn TLR1 isn't even comparable for the XC1, nor is the build quality on Streamlight even close to Surefire.
>>
>>27913372
I three o'clock, so that won't be a problem.
>>
>>27912933
this. Fucking love it.
>>
Giving a final bump for the night.
>>
>>27912507

I got the xc1/gcode combo and I love it. Highly recommended.
>>
>>27915300
Can you answer my question about attaching a second clip?
Also, seriously, the fuck is the difference between the standard and the super mojo?
>>
File: IMG_0991_8x8.jpg (263 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0991_8x8.jpg
263 KB, 800x800
>>27915391

Yes you can add another clip to those holes, you can see that done pic related. You can also add a magazine caddy which you'll find on their site.

The MOJO is a small metal plate underneath the belt clip which allows you to adjust the height and angle of the clip.
http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/INC/Kit_07.html

The Super MOJO is the same thing except it wraps around toward the center of the holster.
http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/INC/GCA_104_Sup_Mo.html

I prefer the Super MOJO because I like a single clip and having it centered keeps the holster from rotating on me.
>>
>>27915588
I'm actually looking at the Incog Shadow Eclipse model, it doesn't have that extra tab above the slide, so I can't attach the caddy, but I have a two mag holder on my nine o'clock anyway.
So it only comes with one clip, right? I'll have to buy a second?
>>
>>27915749

Yeah, my mistake. I haven't read up on any of the stuff in a while so I forgot the mag caddy attaches differently. I use the Eclipse model you're looking at. I'm probably going to get one of G-Code's IWB magazine holsters but I'm not sure if I want to make my belt that much tighter.

It only comes with one clip and the extras cost like $10 each which blows.
>>
>>27915880
I'm looking at the product page for the clips.
http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/INC/GCA89.html
It...it does come with the screws you need to attach it, right? Because I'm looking at that picture and I'm not seeing any screws.
>>
>>27915937

I've never ordered an extra clip, but I'd assume they come with the T-nuts. Otherwise that would be really shitty of them.

If you give them a call and leave a voicemail message right now they'll get back to you first thing in the morning from my experience.
>>
>>27915960
Fuck phone calls, I sent an email.
>>
>>27915588
One more question for you my friend. Is there any way you would be willing to measure the distance between where the two clips would be when using the super mojo and when using the regular?
>>
>>27916127

Measured from center to center, the distance with the super mojo is about 1.25" and with the regular mojo it is about 2"

With each Mojo you can adjust the clip left or right about .20" by utilizing the different threaded holes in the plate.
>>
>>27916196
Thank you /k/omrade, you have been of much help to me tonight.
>>
>>27916222

No problem friend. I'll keep the thread open until it dies off in case you have any other questions.
>>
>>27912507
This gcode stuff all i ever buy top noch stuff. Printing isnt bad as people say. I am 5'7"and 30x30 pants and conceal a g17 all the time with just a tshirt with a good belt.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.