[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I get an ID on this optic? Looks like a section of piping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: efnpvpH.jpg (232 KB, 900x605) Image search: [Google]
efnpvpH.jpg
232 KB, 900x605
Can I get an ID on this optic?

Looks like a section of piping to me. Why the hexagonal ends? is i just a peep sight with an adjustable aperture?

I hate starting new threads over stupid shit like this but I have searched the text and translated until I was blue in the face. Author was by Dave Merrill from BreachBangClear/MilCopp Tactical
>>
File: 1447203246604.jpg (335 KB, 1500x875) Image search: [Google]
1447203246604.jpg
335 KB, 1500x875
Here's the only other pic I have of it
>>
Thanks in advance to any replies
>>
>>27910982
It's a Single Point OEG (or a close copy). Really old, Vietnam era red dot design.

The photo, with it's puesdo-septa filter, GI flashlight, ALICE pouch, bolted on A1 grip and A1-ish stock, and straight mag is obviously trying to evoke a Vietnam era-ish look.
>>
>>27911037

Thank you so much, a lot of custom work done here yeah? like that bayonet adapter?
>>
>>27911059
That looks custom. Then some kind of AR stock adapter. Just a dropped in A1 grip, and then some fixed railed irons and optic. first pic has a 20 round GI magazine, and second has a 25 or 30 round straight magazine. Then they sprinked a bunch of stuff from a surplus store around it.
>>
>>27911125

How effective would you say this optic is? After looking it up it looks kinda interesting, using both eyes to put a red dot on your target. I'd imagine you'd lose depth perception though. Any better than just a standard reflex or RDS?
>>
>>27911168
Less effective than a modern red dot. That's why people kept improving on them and you don't see this design seriously used any more.

Though you're supposed to keep both eyes open with all red dots.
>>
>>27911188

you're absolutely right, but I just see since it's essentially opaque (not see-through) you would lose more depth perception than a standard RDS, kinda like putting a spoon over one eye?
>>
>>27911188

oh and holy shit did you know these things don't use batteries?? they work like a bow sight by fiber optic cable during the day, and tritium during the night! that's cool as hell!
>>
>>27911223
Yes, opaque scopes are the bomb.
>>
File: meprolight.jpg (80 KB, 667x466) Image search: [Google]
meprolight.jpg
80 KB, 667x466
>>27911223
Yeah, there are modern dots that do the same thing. Also, ACOGs use the same setup.
>>
>>27911246

$1200?!?!?! holy shit too rich for my blood. I was looking around and heard that the oeg's can go for like $50? where?
>>
>>27911281
You're shilling at about 12/10, I'm going to need you to turn that down to about a 3/10.
>>
>>27911306

Lol I'm not a shill i swear, I'm just honestly interested in this oeg sight, i just read a random forum from back in 2010 saying they got theirs for like $50, but after a google search I can only find them for like $200.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.