[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do soldiers not go deaf? I thought that 9mm was loud, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 41CeP-fm6GL.jpg (19 KB, 500x468) Image search: [Google]
41CeP-fm6GL.jpg
19 KB, 500x468
How do soldiers not go deaf? I thought that 9mm was loud, but I shot Mauser today and that shit is LOUD even through fuckhueg protectors. And during war everybody is shooting left and right, how come people come back from that hearing anything.

If modern soldiers have hearing protection, what about World War 1/2? What about Wild West?
>>
>>27908663
It's actually pretty goddamn hard to go deaf. Tinnitus is easy to acquire, and while it is a paieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it certainly doesn't make you completely deaf all the time.
>>
>>27908663
Guys in the mil use plugs, and they work a hell of a lot better than ear muffs. No reason not to use both if you're worried about your hearing though
>>
Shot a black powder musket the other day without ear pro (didn't know I was going to do it, assumed it wouldn't be toooo loud)

Fuck me. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

makes me wonder how red coats fucking survived volley fire. "Fire! *Boom* COR FUCKIN BLIMEY GUV OY CARNT ERE SHITE, FOOKIN ELL LADS BAYONETE EM"
>>
Who is Mauser, and why'd you shoot him?
>>
>>27909586
WHAT? WHY DID I HOOT AT KAUSER? HE WAS WINNING THE RACE
>>
Before ear pro became a thing in the 90's, soldiers did go deaf from wars.
>>
Tinnitus and hearing loss is actually a huge problem in veterans, even nowadays. A shitload of soldiers back in the day DID go deaf.
>>
>>27908663
You've never fired a gun outdoors before have you? Indoor ranges are loud as fuck because it's an enclosed echo chamber.
>>
>>27908663

my friend in the army went deaf

but its because he was on a runway with no ear pro
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 343x317) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 343x317
>blow up fireworks since I was a kid
>work as an aircraft mechanic for 10yrs so far, doing high power runs and other maintenance that exposes me to very high decibels
>hobby is shooting funs

Goodbye hearing, I will be that one guy in the family with the tv volume turned all the way up. I don't know what's like to sit in complete silence with out EEeeEEIIEEeeEIIEEIIEEEEeeEEIIIIEEeEIII shitting up my peace.
>>
>Uncle is almost deaf - chief on good ol CVN-72
>Dad is almost deaf from Phillipine ROTC firing 105mm howitzers, Garands and M1 Carbines in training
>Brother is near deaf because he was born in the 70's and went to a lot of rock concerts
>I've got such severe tinnitus I always run a fan and plug my ears before i go to sleep otherwise the "silence" makes going to sleep impossible
>Started shooting when I was 5
>Never started wearing earpro till I was about 15
>Still don't wear it sometimes when I go shoot shotguns on private lands.
>>
Old guy I know shot on the army rifle team in the '50s. No earpro. He's deaf as a post now.
>>
>shoot a lot of loud as fuck guns
>workplace is loud as fuck
>always wear the good red 33dB industrial earplugs, jam them in there deep as fuck
My hearing is fine, no EEEEEEEE.

>sister hates guns
>quiet workplace
>her hearing is REKT because "lol radiohead concerts!"

It's not about what do enjoy doing, it's about WEARING YOUR FUCKING EARPLUGS ALL DAY ERRY DAY.
>>
>>27908663
Here in Sweden they used to make conscripts "used" to loud sounds, making them stand next to artillery cannons. Of course, it just damaged their ears, but hey, nobody complained about loud guns after that.
>>
>>27909805
This anon knows his shit

Your hearing is like your teeth. If you do nothing to protect them, you'll lose them.
>>
>>27909805
People give you funny looks at the club for earplugs until they hear the glory of not being fucking deafened
>>
This thread makes me kind of sad, reading about everyone losing their hearing.
>>
>>27909722
It's still pretty loud outdoors. Not EEEEEEEEEEE loud, but still.
>>
File: IT'S ONLY JUST BEGUN.jpg (62 KB, 356x356) Image search: [Google]
IT'S ONLY JUST BEGUN.jpg
62 KB, 356x356
>Played trumpet in school band
>Sat in front of drums
>Learned to protect hearing at an early age
mfw everybody was complaining about EEEEEE by middle school
>>
>>27912667
I enjoy the blast of sound and the raw energy, but lets be honest, there are a number of venues and bands that have shit systems or just blast sounds so fucking high that youre not getting much of anything else. Especially when they drown out vocals to the point where they might as well not have a singer at all.
>>
>>27909805
Same except we have the "camo" 33 decibel earplugs.

Steel mills are loud as fuck. I didn't wear mine when I first started and I could hear the overhead cranes movement siren at night in bed. Started wearing them all the time after that. Saw blades, pneumatic servos, hyrdraulics, cranes, giant spinner blocks all going on at once will fuck your hearing up quick.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.