[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you properly aim with both eyes open? Hey /k/, noob training
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
How do you properly aim with both eyes open?

Hey /k/, noob training for gun permit after 6th day of shooting. As always, first of all: Thanks for all the previous advice. I'm slowly improving thanks to it - moved to 25 meters with my 9mm gun, and I've got all hits on the target.

When I try shooting with one eye open, I can easily aim at the target, but when I try to shoot with both eyes open (and since I want to join IPSC, that is what I should probably try to do), when I focus on front sight, if target is at a longer distance it splits into two, like I'm looking at one of those magic pictures that you have to go cross eyed to view it in 3D.

How should I aim properly? Is there a way to somehow use only your dominant eye while you have both of them open?
>>
Close your non dominant eye half way
>>
>>27907812
Well, you need to make sure you are aiming with your dominant eye. If you are cross-dominant (eg. left eyed, right handed) your life will be difficult.

If you are like most people and have your dominant hand and eye on the same side, it just takes practice. When you have both eyes open, the image will naturally split, but you learn to keep the sights aligned and move your sight picture around on target while following with your dominant eye.

Clear your gun out a bunch and then practice aiming at different spots on your wall, or at the TV or something to get your eyes use to it.
>>
>>27907815
thanks, will try

>>27907822
in my country you can't buy guns without permit, so I can't do this. I could try making a mockup gun out of wood, so will try. I have no idea which is my dominant eye to be honest, but since I shoot with right hand, I also try to aim with right eye. When I close the other one, it works fine.
>>
>>27907812
stab one eye with your kabar brand kabar.
>>
>>27907840
The eye you use to look through a keyhole is your dominant one.
>>
>>27907840
Yeah, you're boned. Breddy much the only way to learn this is to actually be looking down sights.

Google, "how to determine which eye is my dominate eye"

You will get useful knowledge, and if you're lucky you might learn how to practice two eye open sighting without sights.

You might be able to mount sights on a non gun if your country isn't anal about gun parts.
>>
Figure out your dominant eye via
>Google.com

From there, you have a few options

1. adjust your hold to the left or right slightly to place your sights in front of your dominant eye.

2. If you prefer to hold your gun centerline, like me, turn your head slightly in either direction to place your dominant eye in line with the sights

3. You are like me, and despite being right eye dominant 6 times out of 10 when doing a test for eye dominance, the other 4 tell me it's my left eye. So I, preferring to hold my gun dead center, touch my chin to my right shoulder to every time I draw to always go for my left eye.

I find it the most comfortable that way, and it ensures I'll never draw, look at my gun, and realize I am reading the side of the slide instead of looking at the sights.

There isn't a "proper" way per se, find something comfortable. Jerry Miculek is cross dominant, and cants his guns slightly to the side.
>>
>>27907812
Try starting with only your dominant eye open, the open the other one when you are already on the target.
Then try to do it even faster.

Worked for me.
>>
>>27907812
>>27910168
This is how I did it, worked well for me.
>>
>>27907812

Get an EOTech
>>
>>27907840
what about buying a cheep airsoft pistol from a chinese store or something?
>>
>>27910168
>>27910355
Same, this has worked well for me. Line up the sights with only one eye, then open the other eye. Eventually it'll become natural.

Also, I think that >>27910396 would be helpful - having a gunlike thing with vaguely realistic sights that you can practice with at home. Note that I NOT believe that airsoft helps shooting, but I think it'll help with your aiming.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.