[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, Canadian here. I've been looking into taking gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 450x338
Hey guys, Canadian here. I've been looking into taking gun safety courses ASAP. Any other Canadians (or anyone who knows what we have available here) want to recommend a good first gun for me to buy? After all the recent stuff in the news my primary concern is home protection but I do enjoy target practice and whatnot. Gone out with a couple friends before. Any input would be appreciated
>>
>>27906119
SKS, take the restricted course you'll want your RPAL later trust me.
>>
>>27906143
Thank you, I've shot my friends SKS a couple times and really enjoyed it. And yeah I plan on getting certified in pretty much everything possible as soon as possible
>>
File: Prime Minister.jpg (145 KB, 625x256) Image search: [Google]
Prime Minister.jpg
145 KB, 625x256
The SKS is a meme.

CC a D.Eagle don't be a fag.
>>
>>27906196
SKS for sure.
$200 for an SKS, $300 for a crate of surplus ammo and you're set for a while.

It's the cheapest fun starter rifle you can get for sure.
>>
>>27906589
Or wait for CanadaAmmo / TradeEx / Marstar SKS+1000 rounds combos for 400
>>
>>27906119
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to defend yourself with a firearm in Canada. Atleast that's what my Silver core pal/RPAL instructors told me
>>
>>27906679
Illegal?
Restriced short answer yes
Non restriced no but you will be buttfucked by a judge and need to get a good lawyer if you want to keep your guns.
>>
>>27906679
And they are dead wrong, just like how mine told me 5.56 was designed to wound and forbidding the use of expanding ammunition in war was under the Geneva Convention rather than the Hague convention.

You just have to be in reasonable fear to use your rifle. I'm sure if you lived with family it would help your case about "defending your family" too. It's just a very large grey area in Canada. It's not illegal to defend yourself with a firearm, you just get to put up with a real hassle for doing it.
>>
>>27906679
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Canadian_Criminal_Law/Defences/Self-Defence_and_Defence_of_Another

In short if you were assaulted AND were at risk of dieing AND had no other options but to defend yourself THEN actions to protect yourself or other is allowed.
>>
>>27906738
So in short no you can't
>>
>>27906800
You can but the at risk of dieing is fucking hard to prove and lol guilty till proven innocent.
>>
>>27906827
I actually can't comprehend why we can't ffs. Oh no Jamal is breaking into my home and illegally has a handgun pointed at my wife and children and is about to shoot them. Tis a cry in shame I have to grab my rifle/shotgun from my gun case and take the trigger locks off and then grab my ammo for me to defend myself only to get charged with murder when Jamal takes a bullet to the head
>>
>>27906921
Shooting Jamal would be a hate crime you disgusting racist
>>
>>27906702
>Restriced short answer yes
Restricted or NR, doesn't make a difference. Consider the guy in Ontario who shot and killed a cop with his revolver during a no-knock raid a few years ago. Acquitted of all charges. For shooting and killing a fucking cop. In Canada.

Our laws are shit, but the past decade has set some favorable precedents when it comes to defensive shootings, provided you can survive the onslaught of the Crown prosecution wasting everyone's time and money as they throw everything they can think of at you in the hopes that you'll plea bargain.
>>
>>27906827
Pretty easy to prove when you grab a kitchen knife from the drawer, wipe it down, and put it in the dead guy's hand while you wait for the cops to show up.
>>
>>27906679
Honestly, no its not illegal but RCMP will do their best to fuck you with your decision to do so. the laws here for self defense are fucking stupid.
>>
>>27907075
Because of the more stringent storage conditions for restriced its argued that if you had that much time to arm yourself you probably could have evaded you attacker. It's stupid as hell but is been tried in court before.

>>27907082
That would be the smart thing to do
>>
>>27907075
>>27907174
IIRC it was this case http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/man-faces-jail-after-protecting-home-from-masked-attackers

Need sleep you can read it if you want. This is what happens when you use firearms to defend yourself, aside from the fact the guy just shot a warning shot and still got royally fucked (also not innacity so shooting on his property should have been a-ok)
>>
>>27907181
Nope, this one:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basil_Parasiris
>>
>>27907075
Quebec, rather.
>>
>>27906721
Older south african dude?
>>
So are we basically fucked now? Is the Weed Man going to just bend us over and fuck us and destroy all our cool toys?

Why are they so stupid and hellbent on fucking with us? We're all (presumably) licensed, passed background checks and shit, but we're too "dangerous"... Meanwhile the 250 000 refugees are totally kosher? Ugh... I fear for the future. I just want to put my holes in paper and be left alone. Why is that too much to ask?
>>
>>27906119
Copypasta incoming:

Essential 5 Gun Collection:

1. Medium frame pistol, preferably 9mm, but if you inherit, or can score an insane deal, a .40S&W chambered pistol works too. I have a gen3 Glawk 22 because I'm poorfag and it was the best deal I could find. ($400 police trade in vs. every other gun, locally, in that price range was older or Taurus tier.)

2. AR15 or Kalashnikov or SKS, depending on local market. If you can get pump action AR15 in mag cap states, do it. Otherwise, mag caps might make the SKS look good. I got one from my dad at 15 and haven't needed another centerfire rifle since.

3. A semi auto .22LR such as Ruger 10/22 or older (pre Cerberus) Marlin model 60. I have had the marlin since I was twelve and it's great, but the Ruger is God tier.

4. 12 gauge pump shotgun. Poorfag choice is Maverick 88 but I recommend a used Mossberg 500 with either the 24, 26, or 28 inch barrel for hunting. I got mine for $213 after tax, I saved my shekels and bought 18 inch security barrel a few months later for $112.

5. Centerfire hunting or milsurp rifle such as a Savage Axis, Ruger American, or Mosin Nagant if you're poorfag or a slavaboo. This is good for hunting and will stretch your effective range out to 600 yards if you practice diligently. Back east, a lever action .30-30 is acceptable but it's range is the same as an AK or SKS, (It can be option two if you want.) It is still an energy boost from an AR15. You could also get a .308 AR10 style rifle or a FAL if you want. Same range as the fudd rifles but with an ammo capacity boost.
>>
>>27908086
I understand that syrupland is different than burgerberg, so pls no bully, just get them in whichever order you can.
>>
>>27906679
Not per se. It's illegal to murder someone, but legal to kill somebody if you are defending yourself. That being said, guns are lethal force, so you have to have reason to believe your life was in mortal danger. It's more about being able to convince a court of this, which you won't be able to do if you shoot a guy in the back or anything. In short, yes it's legal, but expect a court battle, and play it smart, only shoot if you really are in danger.
>>
>>27908086
bolt .22 > semi .22

savage mk ii is sex
>>
>>27908092
AR15s are restricted, so you have to keep them double locked up (in a safe and trigger locked) plus are range toys only. AK patterns (including the SVD because it's scary) are prohibited, as are FALs. The VZ58 is the go to alternative for AKs, and there is a decent selection of (mostly expensive) non restricted guns functionally similar to the AR15. Cheapest would be the MR1 or T97.
>>
>>27909024
Used Mini 14 or an SKS would be alright. The new stock that HiCal made for the SKS seems like it might actually be pretty decent.
>>
>>27909037
Yeah, I got myself a nice CSA made VZ58 for my semi auto centerfire. Beautiful gun, shoots better than me, easy to clean, everything fits perfectly together. Mini 14s are tricky to find, because they aren't restricted and 5.56 detachable mag guns under $2k though. Not impossible but usually fairly expensive.
>One of the good things about Canada is the $600-700 M1A clones we can get from China
>They need a little bit of tuning up but are generally really good
>>
burgerbro here, what are the regulations for storing ammo, can you leave a loaded mag in / near your unrestricted trigger locked firearm?
>>
>>27909104
you can leave it near it if they are both in a safe. Otherwise you're breaking the law.
>>
>>27909120
uh, since when? I might have a problem. I thought the law just said unloaded and separate. It doesn't have to be locked up, just "separate". My guns are in a safe, the ammo in crates and shelved out of reach of children.
>>
>>27909179
You're probably fine, the ammo just can't be "easily accessible" unless in a safe with a gun.
>>
File: SKS Hical.jpg (401 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
SKS Hical.jpg
401 KB, 1280x960
>>27906119
If you get an SKS you can install a hical magwell adapter that will let you use 7.62 XCR pistol magazines. The adapter costs $200, and while I totally understand not wanting to buy a $200 accessory for a $200 rifle, the combined cost is still lower than almost every other semi auto centerfire rifle out there (a restricted Dominion Arms AR-15 costs ~$500-600, a non-restricted CSA Vz 58 costs around $1000) You can still use stripper clips, the bolt hold open still works and it's nice to get 10 rounds instead of just 5.

The SKS also has the advantage of cheap ammo. You can get a lot more target practice in then almost any other gun, and there's no limit on how much 7.62x39 you can buy at once, unlike the .22lr.
>>
>>27909402
What a joke of a system we have

>OMG 10 ROUNDS IN A FACTORY SKS?! EVIL DANGEROUS
>Pay 200 dollarydoos for a magazine adapter so you can use 10 round mags? Totally kosher, goy!
>>
>>27909428
no stfu it makes perfect sense

its common sense you stupid gun nut
>>
>>27909605
>C-42 gets titled Common Sense Gun Law
>Anti gunners trolled into oblivion
>>
>>27909012
This man speaks truth. Free floated barrel and no need for a trigger job out of the box, all for dirt cheap (unless you get the fancy laminated thumbhole stock). People say good things about the CZ too, never tried them.
>>
>>27909012
>>27909994
>got Remington 597 as first gun a year ago
>have to deal with shitty magazines and feeding issues

I fucked up a little
>>
>>27910030
Sell it and get a savage. Not like they're expensive.
>>
>>27906119

If you're free of a criminal record make sure you stay that way.
>>
>>27906921

The majority of Canadians have so little experience with guns that even an unloaded one would be enough to get most attackers to back off--they wouldn't be able to tell the difference and just the fact that you have a gun--restricted or not--in your home would make you not worth their trouble to target.
>>
>>27907075

You know acquitted means to be found not guilty, right?
>>
>>27910126
I've never sold a firearm before

What's the best site for doing it?
>>
>>27910175
>The majority of Canadians have so little experience with guns that even an unloaded one would be enough to get most attackers to back off--they wouldn't be able to tell the difference
>point DA/SA pistol at intruder
>No magazine loaded, intruder doesn't notice
>Cock hammer into SA
>Intruder shits himself because he watches too much TV and movies
>>
>>27910238

It's way easier to clean up waste than waste, blood, entrails, bone, with the added bonus of being very likely end up in prison afterwards.
>>
Get a mosin when you're not at the range and at home, you will find that working the bolt while laying in bed or browsing the web can be very calming and addictive. Also a great alternative to a huge pillow . Tucking it into bed will also improve accuracy. Trust me , i'm white.
>>
>>27910175
I think the danger is the other way around- many criminals would just think you've got a toy gun or a fake of some sort, because they don't expect the average Canadian to have a gun.
>>
>>27909179
In a "safe" you can have loaded mags beside but not in a unlocked restricted.

In a "locked case" you can have a loaded mags beside but not in a locked restricted

What constitutes as "safe" is really undefined.
>>
>>27910238
Unfortunately pointing a firearm at someone in itself is a crime, lol rekt #its2015
>>
>>27910665
I'm pretty sure you get could get away with it as self-defence if they've broken into your home. Especially since an argument can be made that just pointing at someone is a "reasonable use of force"
>>
>>27910189
That's my point. If a guy can shoot a policeman in the face with a handgun and get away with it, then you'll be ok to shoot any other home invader with anything in your arsenal.

>>27910224
CGN's equipment exchange.
>>
>>27910630
I think court cases determined, at least in Ontario but the precedent should hold everywhere, that even stackons count.
>>
>>27910698
>If a guy can shoot a policeman in the face with a handgun and get away with it
Frankly, I'm surprised he survived the encounter at all after killing a cop, let alone getting away with it.
>>
>>27911275
Quebec basically the opposite of whatever you expect to happen will happen. Its like bizarro world
>>
FUUUUUUUUUCK RCMP just made a statement that 5 round beo mags are prohibited.
>>
>>27911838
Sauce for anyone interested.
http://calibremag.ca/home/2015/11/rcmp-prohibit-50-beowulf-magazines/

For burgerbros: 50 beo mags are 5 round mags for ar-15 that happen to hold 14 rounds of 5.56 and were in a legal gray zone in syrupland. Regular mag cap centerfire rifles is 5.
>>
>>27911838
>>27911859
I hope they aren't coming for the LAR-15 mags next. They're the most reliable ones I have.
>>
>>27911933
Possible they've fucked with rifle/pistol mags but only the ruger charge ones so far. Its too early to tell.

I should also say that this 50 beo think will probably be challenged as it is not clear in the firearms act about this "Dual caliber" bullshit but I expect we'll see a ruling or special bulletin soon.
>>
>>27911859
Thank god

no one needs that many shots for a centre-fire rifle. What if a criminal got ahold of one of those and shot up a school with it? Bless the RCMP for closing these dangerous loopholes

Only stupid rednecks would argue with this kind of reasonable, common-sense regulation :)
>>
>>27911859
So, they just proclaimed this prohibited.

Say you own one.

You ahve to turn it in or get two years less a day in jail?

Is there even going to be a buyback, or are you shit outta luck?
>>
>>27911972
This could be bad news for .40 cal pistol owners.
>>
>>27912076
I get the feeling it'll be the SOL option.

Frankly, if I had one I'd destroy it and scatter the broken parts rather than turn it in. I don't trust the RCMP to do the right thing- they might just charge you the moment you hand it in, just to be assholes. Sure they'd lose the court case, but in the meantime you're fucked.
>>
>>27912076
>>27912117
These magazines aren't registered, are they?

Whose to say a man named Mike over in Canmore didn't just decide to buy all the Beowulf mags in the country?
>>
>>27912076
>>27912079
Wait for a special bulletin for a more official notice.

Then legally you can pin, destroy or surrender the mag.

>>27912237 Or just fucking keep it like everyone else will.
>>
>>27912237
Depending on how much of a mass of assholes the RCMP want to be, they could find out who bought them. Then it's a matter of applying pressure and seeing who cracks.

Hopefully you're a convincing liar and have hidden them outside of where a house search could find them.
>>
>>27912253
>going through all that trouble to mayebe find farmer john's prohib mags

I would truly hope the RCMP would have better things to do
>>
>>27912268
Why do hard shit when you can do easy shit and get applause?
>>
>>27912071
You are legitimately autistic if you think this gimmick is still funny.
>>
>>27912285
It makes you mad as fuck, because you always bitch about it, so it does its job.
>>
I keep reading about 300 dollar SVTs. Is this a meme from when the dollar was higher or can they still be found?
>>
>>27911838
>>27911859
Ugh, I just got into ARs and was gonna buy some too, guess there`s no point anymore.
>>
>>27912357
Prices have more or less gone up since that was first started. You might be able to find somewhere selling them for $300 but they are mostly $350+ now. Combination of shitty CAD like you mentioned, and availability.
>>
>>27912357
They are around 400 now not due to the dollar just due to lower availability.
>>
>>27912253
I don't think any stores with brick and mortar locations would actually write down who bought these mags, and I would think most or all of the online stores wouldn't do shit without a court order.
It would get out eventually, and their business would absolutely crash.
>>
>>27912396
We know look up
>>
>>27912413
sorry my man, jumped the gun
>>
>>27912421
It's alright we feel your pain I think we're all just a little bit steamed right now.
>>
>>27912375
>>27912382
Ah shit, well thanks.
>>
>>27912436
I feel the same sickness I felt when Trudeau won.
They're going to do the same thing with LAR15 mags next.
>>
>>27912477
God damn it, I only have a chink AR lower with no upper or magazine, but now I better order at least one of those fucking things from somewhere before it's too late
>>
The Law still says that restrictions are based on what the device was designed for, so the RCMP is just being over zealous and talking out of its ass. Unless they somehow gained the power to make new laws.
>>
>>27912593
They have the power to interpret firearms law and lay charges based on their interpretation so essentially yes.
>>
>>27912593
>>27912623
ACtually, wait.

Didn't Harper make it so that it the Minister of Safety who promulgates such things, and took the ability to interpret away fromt he RCMP?
>>
>>27912523
Why? You won't be able to use them.

>>27912897
That's for firearms only, not firearms accessories, for example the Minister wouldn't be able to get suppressors de-prohibited. I guess they just overlooked it.
>>
>>27912917
>That's for firearms only, not firearms accessories

Oh god dammit harper you retard.
>>
>>27906679

Pretty sure your instructor try to said that you shouldn't write self-defense as reason to obtain guns.

Self-defense law exist that allow you to use gun for self-defense, but what is illegal is possess equipment for purpose of self-defense.
>>
>>27912917
>Why? You won't be able to use them.
Right, just like all those people aren't able to use their unpinned SKS magazines.
>>
>>27912945
I'm pretty sure that's how sword canes are justified.

If you say you carry a sword cane, or even just a normal cane, for self defence, it is a weapon. The sword cane becomes a concealed weapon, and bam, confiscated or you're in the clink. Unless you can convince them that the cane is a sheath for your sword.

BUT, if the word cane is a religious symbol, family heirloom, or fashion accessory for your nerd club, you should be in the clear.
>>
>>27912897
>Didn't Harper make it so that it the Minister of Safety who promulgates such things, and took the ability to interpret away fromt he RCMP?
Liberal want to repel this bill
>>
>>27912965
I would NEVER unpin my barrel magazine for my SKS and go to town with it on the range. NEVER.
>>
>>27912945
Yeah you should never tell anyone I bought guns for SD even if thats there real reason.

If the RCMP ever asks its for sporting purposes NOT collecting purposes, theres a special class for collectors in the code that allows the rcmp to search collectors(Same for people with X restricted i think its 10 maybe 5)
>>
>>27912971
That may be so, but for right now, that's the law.

Which is probably why they are jumping on the mag thing. ALl the guys in charge of definining what is prohibited weapons and what aren't cannot classify guns right now, so they have moved onto accessories until the liberals repeal it and they can go back to weapons.
>>
>>27912988
technically you can said you buy firearm for wilderness defense. But I would wage it provide more headache than necessary. more easy to said for hunting/sporting then bring gun to camping
>>
>>27913009
Yeah hunting/sporting is all the RCMP needs to know.
>>
>>27906119
Get the chink famed that nori do makes
>>
File: P1012966.jpg (960 KB, 1613x909) Image search: [Google]
P1012966.jpg
960 KB, 1613x909
>>27913056
You need to drink less, anon means the rifle on the bottom.
>>
>>27907927
One too many zeroes, anon. Twenty-five thousand. Not a quarter million, what the fuck that's retarded, even for a liberal.

Also, people are starting to wake up to the reality after what happened in Paris. Both left and right wing alike are starting to ask questions about how Trudeau will handle the refugee situation.
>>
>>27913086
Haha thanks dude, my iPad is almost as autistic as I am
>>
>>27906143
>you'll want your RPAL later trust me.

I know a lot of people who have absolutely no interest in handguns at all
>>
>>27908086
>24, 26, or 28 inch barrel for hunting
What application(s) does each length have?

What animals can I hunt with a 24-inch barrel versus a 28-inch?

I need to ask this because I want to hunt both birds and deer with my shotgun.
>>
>>27913108
Sounds like FUDDS
>>
>>27906679
No, they just don't want you to say you are acquiring firearms for that explicit purpose.

They say self defense is not a valid reason to own firearms, but if you happen to own them for sport shooting and it comes in handy during a violent attack that's ok.

They will find ways to charge you with shit like unsafe storage though.
>>
>>27906679
I honestly just don't understand states and countries where it is illegal to defend yourself.
What is the logic behind it?
>>
Seriously, what have we done to deserve this kind of continuously encroaching restriction campaign? Every step of the way, we gun owners has been cooperative, we've been law abiding.

I highly doubt there are any crimes committed with ARs in this country but they have some of the tightest regulations surrounding them.
>>
>>27913220
It just makes me sad and desperate that I ever got into this hobby, makes me want to sell all of my guns and just forget about it all.
>>
>>27906119
My first one was a Savage Mark II. Pretty fun and inexpensive to shoot. Get a picatinny rail and scope and the fun goes x5. Old .22 are fun too. SKS are fun and cheap but the noise it makes can bother the neighborhood.
>>
>>27913220
Well of course, hoe can you commit a crime with an AR when they are so regulated, Thanks for proving the system works. Time to overly regulate everything else.
>>
>>27913271
Fuck 22lr! Man up 17 hmr is so much better.
>>
>>27913285
Noted.
>>
>>27913120
yeah they pretty much are

>>27913086
>>27913056
>paying $1000+ for a poorly made chinese gun

no thanks

m305s aint even worth it for their price these days
>>
>>27913280
There are people who actually thinks like this out there... ;_;

Fuck I don't even care if my AR is registerd, just let me have full capacity mags, why do they care? The gun's already registered.
>>
>>27913427
>Ma'am, we know that it'll never bring back your three children, or the 27 other people he killed on his murderous, murderous rampage, but it might comfort you to know his AR was registered, and we knew he had high capacity mags. What we didn't know was his murderous rage, lurking below the surface.
>>
>>27913427
>tfw want an AR but there's no point in having one in canada
>>
>>27913324
I forgot. Thank you.

In a side note. Do sks ammo can't ignite tannerite or I just shot a bit too high?.
>>
File: garrasonr-web.png (254 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
garrasonr-web.png
254 KB, 500x600
>>27913427
At a fundamental level they are convinced that you are a danger. They just want to minimize the carnage when the inevitable happens.

I just wish more Canadians knew how these shitheads regard gun owners, because they think the same way about all Canadians.
>>
>>27913481
They are still a lot of fun to have, tinker with and shoot. They just don't have practical purposes.
>>
>>27913526
the only decent ranges around me are indoor, and 30 meters is a little short for rifle shooting
>>
>>27913509
Velocity for 7.62x39 jacketed ammo is good, soft point is lower and may not at longer ranges.
>>
>>27913526
>>27913559
to further explain my stance, the only range i'd want to go to would be one of those supervise yourself ranges

crowded outdoor ranges and waiting for long ass target change periods sucks balls
>>
>>27913509
should be fine within 150 yards, beyond that, no

they say it requires 2000 ft/s
>>
>>27913280
Ruger Mini 14 was used in single massacre that lead to current gun control, yet it is non-restricted (same massacre that tied gun control to Women Safety issue)

AR never has been used in school shooting in Canada at all.

Anti-gun people shoot AR down because of its "military style" rifle.

of course thing like this don't really help

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/gun-used-in-school-shootings-not-banned-in-canada-1.1203620
>>
File: 4T6VtMf.gif (1 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
4T6VtMf.gif
1 MB, 360x202
What did Trudeau mean by this?
>>
>>27914268
He's just acting like a flaming faggot as per usual.
>>
>>27914268
That it's 2015
>>
>>27914268
I'm not sad, just disappointed. He literally acts like a child.
>>
>>27914268

>It's [CURRENT YEAR]
>>
>>27914268
Hes not going to be fighting ISIS, we pulled out on our airstrikes because of him. Since Paris happened the faggot still isnt going to help out.
>>
>>27914612

he's french what were you expecting
>>
>>27914730
>ISIS attacked Paris, pulling out fighters makes him a pussy
>ISIS attacked Paris, but banning semi autos is retarded

I don't endorse singular events justifying national policy.
>>
>>27914747
>Terrorists commit act will illegally owned and illegally acquired guns, that weren't even capable of being legally owned anywhere in the EU
>Attack legally owned and acquired guns
I fail to see the connection
>>
>>27915083
I also don't understand how people can believe this semi auto legislation is related to the Paris terror attacks.

You don't write up legislation in 2 days time, this was a long time coming and would have arrived, terror attack or no.
>>
>>27915102
They openly admitted to speeding up the vote for it by about a year, knowing they could prey on emotions right now.
>>
I honestly really like that there's pretty much no acceptable time as far as our law is concerned for a private citizen to use a gun against another person. Yes, I would like to be able to use a gun to defend my home, but in the grand scheme I like the other thing more.
>>
>>27915188
>Self defense is as bad as murder
>You also can't do a self defense with a gun
>You can't possibly separate the acts anyways
Refer to >>27907075 >>27907181 >>27909001
>>
The fuckin last thing we need in this country is more gun wielding psychopaths. Please don't anon.
>>
File: ruffed grouse.jpg (2 MB, 2268x1620) Image search: [Google]
ruffed grouse.jpg
2 MB, 2268x1620
Hey Canadians
Please stop shooting me
love, ruffed grouse
>>
>>27916685
Dear ruffed grouse;

Stop being delicious.

Sincerely, Canada
>>
So are BP guns not considered firearms like in the US? Or do they have to be manufactured before a certain date.
>>
>>27917266
Only Flintlocks (and I guess matchlocks.) If your BP takes percussion caps, it is an evil cop-killing machinegun that will butcher an entire city block with every pull of the trigger.

t. RCMP gun lab.
>>
File: 1851_colt_navy_london.jpg (17 KB, 640x273) Image search: [Google]
1851_colt_navy_london.jpg
17 KB, 640x273
>>27917332
fuck, there goes my hopes of cc-ing a Colt Navy just like my chinese cartoons, and using the "its not a firearm ;^)" excuse if I get caught.
>>
>>27917355
There are certain antiques we can get that are not considered firearms. The best of which is webley's in .455 webley converted to .45acp with BP loads.
>>
File: KinoCannon1.jpg (41 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
KinoCannon1.jpg
41 KB, 720x480
>>27917363
Yeah, but the Colt is just so sexy.
I guess you need an RPAL for it though, right?
>>
>>27917372
New production ones yes but i think there is one or 2 models that are considered antiques.
>>
>>27912375
Holy shit, glad I bought mine a couple years ago for $200 when there was a Christmas Special at Lever Arms. I missed out on the days of cheap mosins, so I figured I should at least get an autonugget before the prices rose. Good move, in retrospect.
>>
>>27917332
>>27917355
A note: flintlock muskets are exempt from firearm regulations, but it will be considered a firearm if used as such. So if you shoot someone with your Brown Bess, the prosecutor will attempt to lay firearm charges on you and you can be convicted of them if you lose the court case.
>>
>>27917435
Cheap mosins what i got my 91/30 like 6 months ago for $110, not going to argue the price of m44's tho
>>
>>27916847
also stop being the easiest game animal on earth to clean
>>
>>27917355
>>27917363
>>27917372
Heres the chart so basically if you found a colt 1851 made before 1987 you can CC it because its not legally defined as a firearm.
>>
File: antiqueflowchart_zpsd0707ffa.jpg (109 KB, 1024x736) Image search: [Google]
antiqueflowchart_zpsd0707ffa.jpg
109 KB, 1024x736
>>27917784
I forgot to post the chart XD, my punishment is more capcha
>>
Fuck me you know its time for sleep when

You try to write 1897 and comes out 1987.
>>
Tfw the beowulf mags are now prohib. Fuck the RCMP. Fuck them so much. How longhave they been around now?!
>>
>>27917830
Maybe 2 years
>>
>>27917838
And how many children have been brutally eviscerated by them?
>>
>>27913118
No real difference imo, but I'm not a very good shotgunner.

I do know that the interchangeable chokes are what make the sporting type shotguns so versatile. Also, the longer the barrel the smoother and more consistent the swing.

What I have noticed is that general purpose shotguns may have either of the three lengths I listed, turkey guns generally have 20" barrels and security type have 18.5" for legality reasons. I get the feeling if the law allowed them to be shorter, they would be.

Tldr: get whatever you want. Afik choke constriction is probably more important than barrel length. Since I am new to shotguns, someone else may know more.
>>
>>27918158
Bamp for interest, is there a specific use for particular lengths of scattergat barrels that this anon hasn't covered? Especially the 24, 26, and 28 inch barrels.
>>
>>27919019
The longer lengths are more for hunting. Usually deer, but you also do turkey with it too.
>>
>>27909069
How far can your vz 58 shoot accurately? Im thinking of buying one too
>>
>>27919713
I haven't shot it too much (sadly) but I was hitting clays hanging on a board from about 50m away with just irons.
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.