[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red Dots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: Trijicon SRS.jpg (36 KB, 900x575) Image search: [Google]
Trijicon SRS.jpg
36 KB, 900x575
Fuck the other Red Dot threads on here, on is a retard who wants one for $100, the other is a moron who can't decide between a Bushnell TRS25 and an XPS2-0

My Vortex Sparc II is fine for now on my PSA build, but I am starting on a new fancy AR. I am thinking a monolithic upper... Anway, as such a new optic is in the works.

I have always been intrigued by Trijicons reflex sights. However, I have never seen one in the wild. The dual solar/batter illumination on the SRS has also been a point of interest to me (I don't know if it is 1000 dollars interesting just yet). For a much more reasonable $500, the 1x24 Reflex w/ the triangle dot has me curious with its battery free illumination.

Trijicon reflex sights any good from firsthand experience?
>>
Can't go wrong with Trijicon. But honestly the Aimpoint Comp M4 using a AA battery and up to 8 year battery life makes the idea of dual illumination a moot point.
>>
>>27905339
Trijicon self illuminated are quite hard to pick up in daylight
>>
File: SRS_edit_2[1].png (454 KB, 649x720) Image search: [Google]
SRS_edit_2[1].png
454 KB, 649x720
>>27905544
You can go wrong with Trijicon because both the SRS and MRO suffer from problems where the circuitry is reflected under certain lighting conditions which creates a glare around the red dot. It's worse on the SRS and on the MRO it's noted to happen if you are standing in shade or darkness and a light source comes from behind you. Shit is unacceptable for the price you pay for them
>>
>>27906412
Interesting,

Good to know
>>
File: 1443050567834.jpg (22 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1443050567834.jpg
22 KB, 413x395
>>27905339
Get a Primary Arms red dot for $100
>>
That's a rare occasion that has only happened to a handfull of people. Besides if people would use their rds correctly and not focus on the dot but rather the target it isn't even a problem. But mall ninjas prefer to play COD style.
>>
>>27905544
or You could save $500 and get the Aimpoint pro. Same thing but a 4 year battery life and no AA battery.
>>
>>27907777
Save even more money buy getting the Primary Arms MD-ADS. Does the same thing for a fraction of the cost.
>>
File: IMG_0608.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0608.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
>>27905339

I have one on my AR

I sighted it in, it hasn't moved an inch, still hits dead nuts, no batteries or switches to worry about. Like using irons

Only complaint I have is the polerized dimmer they have for really bright light shooting. You do need it, the dot can get really big, but every time you shoot, it moves and gets dimmer to the point where you cant see (think really dark sunglasses). There is no tensioner on it to keep it stable and lock it at a dimness. And it does get too bright in direct sunlight.

Anyways. pic related is myne
>>
>>27905339
>Trijicon
Fuck them anyone that puts bible verse on there products annoy me. It the same LOOK AT ME shit that annoys me.

Just like open carry i have nothing against what they are doing but the attention whoring just rubs me the wrong way

Religion and guns are like dicks. Awesome and fun to play with.

Just don't whip it out in public.
>>
File: 1413423713104.jpg (59 KB, 566x566) Image search: [Google]
1413423713104.jpg
59 KB, 566x566
>>27908343
tippity tip.
>>
>>27906412
pfff nigga I'd rather have that than tunnel vision.
>>
>>27906412
I've got the Trijicon RMR and the RX30(42mm). Aside from dust glaring up the view in daylight or aiming from a dark spot at bright things I've never had an issue. I also paid under $400 apiece used for each.
>>
>>27905339
that trujicon srs was named guns and ammo sight of the year so it probably isn't too bad, either that or the editor got a handy from the trujicon rep. im intrigued though, i'd def. like to check one out for myself
>>
>>27908343
I hear you on the religion, I think religion is fake but I'm not gonna hate on trujicon for their beliefs, if I did that then I'm no better than the "believe or you going to hell" crowd.
>>
>>27906412
Just fyi, a killflash anti-reflection device eliminates that issue with the SRS, but then dat ugly honeycomb... You're right, it is unacceptable for the cost. Or they should included the flashkill with it, but no, they charge another $100 for it.
>>
>>27910078
Well, even if you fix the reflective issue with a killflash (see above post) its still heavy for a RDS. Especially the thumb-screw mount version, the mount weighs more than the actual optic body.
Thats typical trijicon, did the same thing with my TA33 ACOG, mount heavier than the optic itself. Had to get a bobro.
>>
>>27908506
>tunnel vision
Maybe on older Aimpoint sights, but models like the Micro really don't suffer the issue at all. Regardless you're supposed to be training to break tunnel vision periodically anyways by observing your surroundings.

OP, have you considered any options from Eotech? You can pick up a used 553 for like $450 and they're pretty damn good. Only 1,100 hours on the battery life, but that 0.5 MOA dot can't be beat. Also totes looks Sopmod Block 2 as fuck and therefore operator
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.