[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is what the wikipedia in Spanish says the advantages of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: Revólver ventajas.jpg (27 KB, 823x146) Image search: [Google]
Revólver ventajas.jpg
27 KB, 823x146
This is what the wikipedia in Spanish says the advantages of revolvers over semi autos are:

Easier to use
Possibility of using more powerful rounds (like magnum or .223 remington)
[b]More precise[/b]
Jamming is rare
They don't have a button to extract the rounds so you can't extract the rounds by accident

Is this true? Are revolvers more precise and accurate than semi autos?
>>
>easier to use
no
>more powerful rounds
it's still coming from a handgun length barrel, differences in handgun ballistics are negligible
>more precise
no, you suck
>jamming is rare
light primer strikes can happen, if debris gets into the cylinder it can jam and if it isn't timed correctly will KB in your hands
>they don't have a button to extract rounds
yes they do

bunch of cod faggots
>>
File: 1445978207877.jpg (63 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1445978207877.jpg
63 KB, 600x500
>.223
>revolver
What?

And to answer your question, differences in accuracy are negligible. Brand and QC make a thousand times more difference.
>>
>>27904991
Sorry it says a button to extract the magazine... I typed it wrong.

Well it is obvious that revolvers don't have one
>>
>>27904957
No, but how the gases escape reduces the recoil.
>>
>>27904957
>Easier to use
I hate this meme. I've heard people use it to encourage women to use revolvers instead of a semi. It's not true and if you can't operate a semi you shouldn't be holding a revolver either because you have little to no knowledge of firearms.
>Possibility of using more powerful rounds (like magnum or .223 remington)
There are very powerful semi auto rounds too. So not really.
>[b]More precise[/b]
No as >>27904991
>>27904998
said
>Jamming is rare
Jamming is rare in semi autos too if you know basic firearm cleaning and don't use shit ammo and do your research to buy a good pistol. I've never had a Ruger, S&W, Glock etc. jam on me.
>They don't have a button to extract the rounds so you can't extract the rounds by accident
Yes they do
>>27905018
That's a moot point and if you "Accidentally" eject a mag you don't know enough about firearms to handle one.
>>
File: sensiblechuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
sensiblechuckle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>27904991
>>27904998
>>27905175

dont listen to these people, their arguements are shit. they like to change the question
>>
File: .223revolver.jpg (23 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
.223revolver.jpg
23 KB, 640x480
>>27904998

Why try to offer advice if you know nothing?
>>
>>27905175
Some women can't even cycle a semi auto because they don't have the strength to do it.
>>
>>27905266
Women are garbage with guns
>>
>>27905266
How can they handle the trigger pull on a revolver if they can't rack a slide??
>>
>>27904957

the argument for revolver accuracy/precision/whatever is that the barrel's fixed and the sights don't move relative to it.

easier... well i'd say it requires less upper body strength.

jamming is rarer, but much more devastating. if it happens, you need a gunsmith to get it working while TRB fixes 95% of semi auto problems.

>>27905312

it's two different sets of muscles. also technique issues. also single action.
>>
>>27905312
Squeezing a trigger, and racking the slide are two different motions.

My mother, who has arthritis in her hands, can't rack a slide no matter how light the spring. She can pull the trigger just fine. When it came time to get her a CCW, I bought her a revolver for this reason alone.

For my sister, on the other hand, I bought an auto. It all depends on the person.
>>
File: revolver fags.jpg (330 KB, 830x974) Image search: [Google]
revolver fags.jpg
330 KB, 830x974
Glock shilling ITT is strong
>>
>>27904957
What do you expect from a wiki written by Taco Bell staff? They probably call Hi Points Glocks
>>
>>27904957
>Easier to use
Some women prefer .38's because they're either not strong enough to pull a slide back by gripping it or the thought of the slide cycling back scares. They also won't jam from a limp wristing. Easier to use? Err. kind of, but harder to clean.
>Possibility of using more powerful rounds (like magnum or .223 remington)
True about the magnum, again kind of, but they usually only load them with straight wall cartridges and there are exceptions all around for this.
>[b]More precise[/b]
It's a fixed barrel design so theoretically it could be more accurate but will also be affected drastically by changing ammo. So if you hand load a consistent round yes, if you use a variety of commercial loads, then no.
>Jamming is rare
True, jamming is also non-existent in a properly employed auto so it isn't "more rare". Also, timing issues.
>They don't have a button to extract the rounds so you can't extract the rounds by accident
I assume they mean accidentally drop the mag out? LOL, fucking nubs.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.