[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is joining the Military a good way for a 23 year old loser like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
Is joining the Military a good way for a 23 year old loser like me to fix himself?

Right now I have no job, no life and nothing going for me. I don't even have any further education after graduating highschool.

I can't see any way out other than enlisting, at least then I'd be able to say I did something with my life and wasn't a total failure. The only issue is I struggle to bond and relate to other people, I struggle to make friends and I'm hoping this won't make me unsuitable for enlistment.

The way I see it is the military will get me out of this rut I've been in for years and will not only give me a paycheck but will teach me discipline. And give me something to be proud of.
>>
>>27904847
Who taught those Brits how to paint their faces?
>>
>>27904873
A one armed epileptic with the hiccups.
>>
No. A couple years of near zero autonomy has in my experience more of an infantilising effect. Plus the whole losing your knees and hearing at a minimum, and probably your back while you're at it. Something about the lifestyle is absolute kryptonite for forming healthy relationships as well.
>>
>>27904847

go for it !

if you are physically healthy enough and have a somewhat flexible personality and can learn new things under stress and pressure then the military might work very well for you.....

see this thread !

>>27881307
>>
>>27904847
1. What country?

2. Are you just awkward or straight weird and are you willing to be made fun of for being one?

3. What jobs are you looking at for which branch?
>>
>>27904880
Translation: I've never served
>>
yes yes and yes. Anyone I talk to or their kids that are aimless, hopeless, or lost I recommend to the Army. Not everyone is cut out for the infantry but the Army has plenty of work for anyone. Talk to a recruiter and they will tell you all the glamorous things that really make you want to leave right then and there. The only thing you really need to realize is that you should expect to deploy within the first year. Save yourself the hassle thinking maybe you can dodge it and go in with the mentality that you will deploy and you'll make it back.
>>
>>27904880
Not OP, but

>just give up, you're a lost cause

Did your dad leave you when you were 8 or what
>>
>>27904887
>1. What country?
UK

>2. Are you just awkward or straight weird and are you willing to be made fun of for being one?
Probably more socially awkward, I'm not full on autism mode or anything. I act perfectly normal in public I think.

>3. What jobs are you looking at for which branch?
I don't have the qualifications for anything special, so I was thinking infantry and may just go for broke and try and join the Royal Marines.
>>
>>27904931
>I don't have the qualifications for anything special

why not use this as an opportunity to gain trade skills? Does the UK military not train soldiers?
>>
>>27904876
maximus keksimus.jpg
>>
>>27904931
>I don't have the qualifications for anything special

do internet searching for ASVAB

i'm sure UK has something similar but ASVAB all over the place easy to get info
>>
>>27904847
>fix himself
>become a mindless animal for politicians

good one
>>
>>27904847
Chris Kyle joined the Navy pretty dang late at like 24 or 25 years old.
>>
>>27905011
and now he's dead. Bad example.
>>
>>27904847
Fuck it, what's the worst that can happen? You're probably not going to deploy anywhere, so most likely you'll just be mildly unhappy for four years or however long an enlistment is.
>>
>>27904847
Military enlistment general, faggot.
>>
>>27905021

I have to admit I'd be pretty scared if something happened on the world stage and I got deployed and ran the risk of dying for some bullshit cause.

>>27904976
I think I can get more qualifications in the army, possibly even a degree if I do an open university course.
>>
>>27904999
>not serving with every drop of blood and sweat to the interests of your nation
are you homosexual?
>>
>>27904847
Don't ask , Just go and do it. it's better than sitting there wasting away.
>>
>>27904880
>>27904891
Currently on staff duty, and I agree with him.

Your move, mr.lawman
>>
>>27905299

funny you say that, because even the Pentagon admitted gay rape is a huge problem in the military
>>
>>27905399
No proofs = Not valid
>>
If you like to be around a bunch of guys that talk about how badass they were overseas and all this cool guy shit they did...which they didnt. Perform a lot of time consuming mindless tasks, and develop a bad drinking and smoking problem, then your cut out for the army
>>
>>27904847
If your going to join go into SOF, makes you a guaranteed badass, and you don't gotta do all that gay big army shit
>>
Go for it, anon. Also, you'll probably make a ton of friends and if you're like me, improve your social skills while you're in. Once you get out, you'll have either an associates's degree or a lot of college credits and some certifications in your field and you'll probably have some other nice stuff for your resume.
>>
>>27904999
Careful with that edge bro :^)
>>
>>27905020
He was a Seal and brought honor to his family and country.
>>
>>27905653
>war criminal
>honor

topkek
>>
>Joining the military to fix yourself

If you need someone or something else to fix yourself then you're perma-fucked regardless what you do. Grow a fucking pair and man up.
>>
>>27904847
>Is joining the Military a good way for a 23 year old loser like me to fix himself?
Noooo....

Listen there are a lot of good reasons to join the military, but that just leads to you being a 27 year old loser with busted knees and a bad back. Get some direction in life, and then consider joining the military.
>>
It let me scoop myself out of the garbage when I failed out of college, OP. Now I'm out, back in school nearly graduated with my comp sci degree using the GI Bill.

What you put into it is what you'll get out of it. Choose your career preferences carefully and get /k/ to tell you about how it'll really pan out before you commit to it.

And the best piece of advice I can give is:
>never, ever, be an MP or nuke tech
>>
>>27905270
Well, this is part of joining. If you don't like it, don't join.

>>27904931
Whew lad, good luck, it's not so easy to get into the UK's forces as it is in the States. Least it's not RooLand though.

Also infantry sucks. The only true profession of arms that lets you 100% call yourself a soldier, but it breaks you down and most find it pretty boring. There's lots of other things that might tickle your fancy, 4 whole branches to pick from after all.
>>
>>27905653
>shooting every male aged 14 to 65, unarmed or not, in some trashcanistan 10000 miles away is serving your family and country

>baiting children with shiny bits of wiring in the middle of a bombed out street and then shooting them dead from 500 meters with your $10000 super customized tacticool rifle is serving your family and country

>lying about shooting niggers by the dozens in New Orleans, being in gunfights with criminals, and punching out a sitting governor is serving your family and country
>>
>>27905845

What's boring about the infantry? Is it because you just do the same stuff everyday?
>>
>>27905270
There are worse things than dying, anon.
>>
>>27905919
It's not because you do the same thing every day. It's because that thing is washing rocks.
>>
>>27905916
>mixes meters and miles

Butthurt britkek detected

Also luring out and sniping sand niglets sounds extremely dope, I wish I was able to do that
>>
File: 1403121561369.gif (916 KB, 490x367) Image search: [Google]
1403121561369.gif
916 KB, 490x367
>>27906005
>britkek
hint: I live in the same state that celebrates Chris Kyle Day

>sniping sand niglets sounds extremely dope
This is an 18+ website, friendo.
>>
>>27904999
Trips confirmed
>>
>>27905399
Staff duty sucks, but the benefits outweigh the cost(if you do a short term)

>get deployed
>used money to help buy a house
>helped my family out
> got that GI bill
>Go to college
> regain my critical thinking and intelligence
> use my discipline and leadership skills from military and education from college to become successful.
> being prior service helps me get a job
> get promoted fast due to my experience.

If you do it right it pays off
>>
>>27904847
It worked for me, I joined at 23. Two deployments, 4 IED rollovers and 2 EFP strikes later I have free college and a pension from disability. Just took some shrapnel a TBI to get it
>>
>>27904847
thats right be a good goy
die for israel
>>
File: ed7.jpg (45 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
ed7.jpg
45 KB, 596x628
>>27904988
I gotchu covered senpai
>>
>>27906210
>college
>regain my critical thinking and intelligence

Maybe 3-4 years ago, but not today. Gotta goose-step in line with everybody else pretty much the same as the army, lest you be considered the "other".
>>
File: 1441549358496.jpg (56 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
1441549358496.jpg
56 KB, 400x350
>>27904931
I'm going to try for the PRMC myself, in my second month of training for it, if you're serious you ought to ask a recruiter because it takes allot of drive, remember you can get discipline and skills by taking on a POG job, I hear the general consensus is the navy has the most opportunities for higher and middle paying jobs especially with the two new carriers they have to fill .Even though the air force has the highest paying, usually it's very difficult to be accepted onto those roles.

personally I'm joining because I want to prove I can be the best of the best and wear the green lid which is why I'm not interested in being a POG, they have a good reputation but if your biggest concern is being made fun of for being awkward I doubt you'd be able to cut it as everything im told leads me to believe it's an intense mental strain.
>>
>>27904847
The military will make you a little bit more disciplined, as well as team and goal oriented, but don't be under the illusion that it's going to completely change you as a person. To be honest if you can't fix yourself, the military won't do it for you.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.