[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for an awesome bullpup rifle. Must be under $2K, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: 1250130557097.jpg (105 KB, 654x1000) Image search: [Google]
1250130557097.jpg
105 KB, 654x1000
Looking for an awesome bullpup rifle. Must be under $2K, and able to shoot white tail deer without blowing to smithereens. Also, cheap ammo a plus.

Always been a fan of the AUG, if that helps any.

Pic not related, some WW2 color.
>>
File: 1249683076416.jpg (791 KB, 941x1129) Image search: [Google]
1249683076416.jpg
791 KB, 941x1129
Bump..
>>
>>27904729
>bullpup
aug
>I want to hunt with it
Oh, I guess you could get an RFB
>>
File: RFB11-12-11.jpg (191 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
RFB11-12-11.jpg
191 KB, 768x576
>>27904860
>Oh, I guess you could get an RFB
>>
>>27904860
>RFB
My first pistol was a Kel-Tec. I liked how it fired and grouping was OK for a newb.

I see this is 7.62X51 NATO, would this also work with .308 Winchester ammo?
>>
>>27905000
>Although not identical, the 7.62×51mm NATO and the commercial .308 Winchester cartridges are similar enough that they can be loaded into rifles chambered for the other round, but the Winchester .308 cartridges are typically loaded to higher pressures than 7.62×51mm NATO cartridges for use in long-distance hunting of big-game animals[citation needed]. Even though the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute (SAAMI) does not consider it unsafe to fire the commercial round in weapons chambered for the NATO round, there is significant discussion[3][4][5] about compatible chamber and muzzle pressures between the two cartridges based on powder loads and wall thicknesses on the military vs. commercial rounds. While the debate goes both ways, the ATF recommends checking the stamping on the barrel; if one is unsure, one can consult the maker of the firearm

Nevermind, found an answer. So this is A-OK per checking the barrel stamping?
>>
>>27905000
>asking the person who doesn't have a RFB

>>27905024
>doesn't list the differences in headspace
>>
>>27905000
>i wont ask the only person ITT with an RFB questions
>i'm only going to ask people who dont own them questions
fine then anon, i'm going to sleep
>>
>>27905319
Sorry, had to go walk the shepherd.

I admit, I do not know much about guns, I am more a car person. I just want to have a decent gun that will also put food on the table.

Could you list your pro's/cons for your gun? Like I said, I like the AUG, but I would like to get a better scope, yet would not like to look too "tactikool", I guess?
>>
>>27905108
>asking the person who doesn't have a RFB
>>27905319
>i wont ask the only person ITT with an RFB questions

Not sure if samefag, but does that leave any choice than to not answer?
>>
>>27904729
K&M M17S. MSRP is ~$1800, 1:9 twist out of the box, which good for lighter ammo. It's also VERY lightweight.
>>
File: 414-355-RDB_1.jpg (12 KB, 414x355) Image search: [Google]
414-355-RDB_1.jpg
12 KB, 414x355
>>27905557
Well I finally woke up and this thread is still alive so

>Pros
- Its the only 7.62 NATO bullpup on the market right now.

>Cons
- Its made by KT and getting them do shit under warranty can be difficult.
- Its difficult to break open the grip assembly in case you ever want to mess with the trigger
- It has an excessive throat so dont go thinking this will be a 1000 yard gun

>???
- It is going to be discontinued eventually for 308 version of KT's RDB which wont be as nice - pic related
- It will soon get competition from the .308 semi-auto bullpup from Desert Tech
- My trigger is 5.5lbs, not sure if you consider this a con or not.
- A Kydex cheek rest is a mandatory accessory, as the top cover will heat up to uncomfortable levels
- The gas system has to be re-adjusted every time you change makes/models of ammo. And this is important otherwise the gun will either not cycle all the way and jam, or if it is over gassed the bolt carrier will slam back hard enough to partially dislodge the spent case from the extractor, and when it slams forward, the case mouth will get stuck on the upper feed ramp.
- When I broke my grip assembly open, mine was missing a SHM-12 ring which is used to secure the hammer to the rest of the FCG. The gun never failed to fire because of this which is good, but it missing a part from the factory is bad. It was a very low serial number unit.

Regarding ammo, yes you can shoot .308 out of this. KT strongly recommends that you dont shoot steel case ammo. If you want to research it more go here and read the threads:
http://www.thektog.org/forum/f91/
With that said, I like mine, having a 7.62 NATO bullpup is fun and people at the range often ask what the fuck is that thing.

>>27907685
>It's also VERY lightweight.
It is 7.4 lbs according to their product page. That isnt VERY light weight. The RFB which is chambered in a full sized cartridge is 8.1 lbs, and the RDB in 5.56 NATO is 7lbs.
>>
>>27907988
>Have to readjust the gas
No you don't. Keep it at +24ish and it's fine with most loads (don't go nuts).

Also the RDB is never coming to market.
>>
>>27908102
>No you don't. Keep it at +24ish and it's fine with most loads (don't go nuts).
stay retarded anon. for fucks sakes they even have 3 different pistons for the 2nd gen RFB

>Also the RDB is never coming to market.
you're even more retarded:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=518483139
>>
>People acting like you cannot hunt white tale with .223
>>
>>27908180
>I dont know lots of states ban this
>>
>>27908147
First of all
>Anon
No. Second of all, I've put over 8000 rounds through my RFB on +24. All sorts of different brands, weights, powder charges, Etc. Only failures to feed (few as they are) were mag related.
>Gunbroker auction with only a 5.56 box and Keltec as proof

Uh huh. Yeah you sure showed me.
>>
>>27908215
Some states do, yes. Not most. Use a proper bullet and not your gayar-fifteen with its 12" barrel and 4" flash hider and you can take deer just fine with .223.
>>
>>27908227
Even more proof
http://www.thektog.org/forum/f119/rdbs-out-wild-now-264473/

>I've put 8000 rounds through my RFB
lets see a pic of your buffer
>>
>>27908265
Well, I guess I'm wrong there. I doubt it'll last but I am indeed wrong

>Pic of my buffer
Yes, at 8:30 am on a Tuesday. Everyone keeps their rifles in the office.
>>
>>27908287
>seriously guise
>my buffer isnt torn to shit from being over gassed
gas yourself for not reading the manual
>>
>>27908287
>Working in an office
Ask me how I know you're a failure in life.
>>
>>27908526
Where else would a metallurgist work?
>>
>>27908532
>Where else would an overqualified person work for a pittance?
Starbucks.
>>
>>27908543
Ok man. Whatever you say. Here's a (you).
>>
>>27908570
The truth hurts, amigo. Let this be an opportunity to rise above, overcome, and triumph. Don't settle for a life of mediocrity.
>>
>>27908570
thats a different anon, but anyways post a pic of your buffer when you get home, i wana see it.
>>
>>27908690
If this thread is still up I will.
>>
>>27908697
and actually take it out of the rifle, dont give me some blurry fucking pick looking down the top cover. its only 3 screws.
>>
>>27908697
>>27908700
after looking at the manual you could take it out by only removing the top screw from the butt pad, but it would be a bitch to put it back in with the stockwell in place. in case you wonder how to get the stockwell out, rotate it down
>>
bumping to keep the thread alive
>>
So does the RFB use FN FAL mags?
>>
>>27910749
Yes, the metric ones
>>
>>27904729
I'm assuming by your post that you don't give a shit about legality, or are in a really free area.

I don't personally like 223/556 for deer, but there's a lot of options for bullpups in that caliber. My father picked up an FS2k for about 1600 bucks a few years ago, granted they're harder to find now.

Personally I'd shy away from Kel-Tecs prototype guns. I bought a KSG August '14 and the thing nearly took hand my left hand off the same day. I wasn't ready for a slamfire shotgun, that is, when I could get it to load without its own internal mechanisms jamming it. After that experience, and a few lousy P11s, I doubt I'll ever buy Keltec again.
>>
>>27910775
>I nearly shot off my own hand
>Its Kel-Tec's fault
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.