[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /k/ think about Man At Arms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
What does /k/ think about Man At Arms
>>
Reforged isn't as good as the fat blacksmith from the first season. Still good though.
>>
>>27904686
i watch it.
>>
>>27904686
This>>27904710
>>
>>27904710
Fat blacksmith was pretty based.
>>
>>27904686
They never make the Mind Sword, no matter how many times I request it. Oh, and this >>27904710
>>
They made an actual functioning hidden blade including crossbow features that was fucking neat.

But this too >>27904710
>>
I don't watch the show, but a buddy of mine (sam) is on it
>>
I wish they would actually forge more of their blades instead of cutting them out of sheetmetal. Also yeah fattyblacksmith was based, new guy is boring.
>>
>>27904710
Ilya is 500% more passionate than the old man, though it's probably a sign of age. Still like the old man though.

He makes the other people at the forge look generally disinterested, by comparison.

Not only that, he's active in the comments and answers questions which is awesome.
>>
>>27908624
As a hobby blacksmith that is my complaint as well. Like I'm actually interested in the forging process, so when they just cut it out of stock it just kills my metal boner.
>>
>>27904710
>>27908624
Wth, Reforged has made more swords/blades from scratch than Swatton did? Then again, I remeber them saying that they have about two weeks to make one weapon, so it's really no wonder they take shortcuts where they can. The Kill Bill katana episode was pretty fukken based tho.

I personally dig how reforged goes a lot deeper into the process than the fat blacksmith, where it used to be "Hey I made this, i used these tools and processes" and now is more like "Hey, we made this, used these tools and processes and they work like this/other trivia"

>>27908651
Ilya is damn awesome.Thn again, so are the rest of them, and they all have a distinct style to their work. I want to see more competition builds.
>>
>>27909196

yeah, it gets my Materials Engineering boner going.

i loved the Excaliber Fate/Stay Night build too for the same reasons that the Kill Bill sword was awesome. wish they'd do some Chinese swords though. the Green Destiny would be a fun way to do some Chinese swordsmithing techniques.
>>
>>27904686
Less satisfying michaelcthulu
I learn less watching MAA
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.