[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best course of action in a school shooting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1a4.jpg (30 KB, 307x480) Image search: [Google]
1a4.jpg
30 KB, 307x480
Pic unrelated
I first want to start by saying I'm not sure if /k/ is where this belongs, but you guys have the most tactical mind when it comes to these things.
I am a high school senior, and want to reform the way my school responds to intruder/shooters. I understand that the chances of something happening are minute, the current system is broken and needs to be fixed.
I want to implement a new plan that only the staff would be made aware of (so that if would be attackers were students, they can't plan around it,) yet simple enough for it to be made ready by teachers and students. A simple codeword would separate a real event from a traditional drill.
General features of my school:
Almost every class has only one door. Less than 8 classrooms have more than one that goes to a storage area which connects it to another class. All doors open outwards.
Classrooms all have one small window, with wire inlayed to try and keep shattered glass from harming students in case of an earthquake. current policy requires these to be covered so that they cannot be seen through.
Any large furniture can not be moved this is another earthquake precaution.
A single officer is on campus, he carries his standard sidearm, but leaves his ar and shotgun in the squadcar. He is an ex marine, and capable.
My ideas
We need to fight back. No more hiding under desks
All science classrooms have massive fireblankets, I want to get one in each class,so it can be deployed over the doorway, initially preventing the would be attacker from seeing into the class, and giving students and teachers the extra time to suprise the attacker.
Give each class a mid sized fire extinguisher, ideally it would throw off an attacker and serves as a club when empty.
At least one baseball bat or another type of a club per class. A 2x4 could do it.
Large scissors or anything that could be broken and used as a blade, 1 shooter vs. 30 plus people per room fighting for their lives.
>>
>chains and locks to chain shut the door by clamping the hydraulic door closing arm
>fire extinguishers should be in every classroom and used as ersatz pepper spray, the powder CAN scratch corneas and cause permanent blindness
>crowbars in the earthquake kit that pull double duty as bludgeons
>safety blankets in the earthquake kit that pull double duty as curtains

Best plan I can think of off the top of my head. Make every part of the kit multifunctional.

Good luck getting taken seriously.
>>
Several comments in regards to the officer,
I trust the officer because he is a great guy and I talk to him frequently, usually about firearms or something similar, he was deployed in Afganistan before working for the local pd, and frequently goes to the range, unlike most officers I know. His job on campus is mostly drug related but we have discussed worst case scenarios before. I also know he is very level headed because on the 4th of July I was at party that was rolled by him and another officer, and watched them disarm and take down two big dudes who had tried to fight them, one had swung at him with a bong (I can expand on that story if anyone cares.) I realize it's a different scenario but it was done in a ridiculously clean and quick manner, and after that was done, they continued to take care of the other party goers without breaking a sweat.
He does not keep a long arm on campus because he believes that the risks of it being stolen from his office are greater than the benefit of having it availible. It would also require him to carry said firearm to and from his office everyday, and this likely will cause more problems than it will solve.
Also his office is not up front with the rest of the administration. It is with classrooms.
>>
>>27904381
Thank you very much, and your ideas are much cleaner than mine. I appreciate any effort you guys put towards this.
As for being taken seriously, I am aware that this is an issue, but the many changes that I have in mind are no doubt what at least some teachers plan on doing, and are fairly cost effective. Plus making using items that serve multiple purposes may result in them being made available anyways.
>>
File: kevin.jpg (9 KB, 319x316) Image search: [Google]
kevin.jpg
9 KB, 319x316
>>27904291
>tfw im a teacher at a community college
>9mm in my desk
>staff doesn't know
>students don't know
>if found id probably loose my job
>only ever told one guy, a security guard, who only had fucking mace
>told me he's coming to my room if anything happens

every day is an adventure bringing it in and out, but fuck me if im getting popped off by some chubby little bastard who cant get laid enough. Also fuck our "dangerous persons" drill, thats just straight up retarded. im GTFO and those kids can come or go if they want
>>
>>27904895

What do you teach?
>>
>>27904291

You will never convince administration to put "weapons" in class rooms. You may be able to sell a fire extinguisher and fire blanket as general safety precautions more than as intruder/shooter defense.

Most importantly, despite anything that staff or administration does, some people will not fight back or be willing to resist an attack. It is not your responsibility to try to change people's minds in this way.
>>
>>27904895
Dude respect to you. Keep those kids safe. Fuck getting mowed down by some /r9k/ anon
>>
Look up ALICE training. What my school does. It changes the whole
>shooter is coming hide under desks!
To
>throw everything you can at the motherfucker, tackle, ambush, and if you are in a safe zone fuck everything and run and gtfo out of there

Uni student here. Wish I could carry on campus without fear of being expelled
>>
>>27907328
I'm australian. How you feel on campus is how I feel everywhere I go.
>>
>>27907328
Carry anyways. Getting kicked out of school is a hell of a lot better than getting killed because you didn't carry.
>>
>>27904895
Ok this is both smart and stupid. If you leave your desk some kid can get his hands on it and steal it. You're not supposed to separate your firearm from your person, even briefly. At least keep it in your bag and keep that in a safe place. Keeping it in the desk is a dumb idea. You're going to go take a piss and some kid is going to need scissors and think "maybe there's some in professor's desk! La de da da OMG AN ASSAULT WEAPON CALL DA POLEEPS" At least if you leave your bag its says stay away this is my shit. Or get a 380 and pocket carry, I'm an unarmed security guard and I've done this for 2 years.
>>
>>27907905
College is supposed to be for adults.
That said, even college kids shouldn't be rifling around a teacher's desk. It's not grade school.
>>
>>27904895
maybe you should keep the gun on your person. People are assholes and look into other people's desk all the time. But if you keep the gun hidden in a huge jacket or something, there's no way people will realize you have a gun, and it's accessible at all times, even when you're on the shitter.
>>
>>27907855
Pussy
>>
>>27908046
No, just not very happy about walking around shitty suburbs without being able to arm myself.
>>
>>27904895
I assume you're a college professor and not a high school teacher. And that like most college classes you move from room to room taking your teaching material with you.

There's a ton of handgun safes out there for bed stands and the like. Is there any chance after some searching you might find one that could be concealed or incorporated into a backpack or messenger bag? First choice would be to keep your gun on you at all times but if you absolutely can't, this might be worth looking into.
>>
>>27906528
zoology with some marine Bio.

>>27907905
>>27908024
no students ever get that close to my desk and its in a lock box.
If I travel to another room I wait until my room is empty then IWB under a big coat
>>
>>27904291

This blogger is a former cop and a current high school teacher. I think this will be a good resource for you.

https://statelymcdanielmanor.wordpress.com//?s=school+shooting&search=Go
>>
>>27910741
good read thanks anon
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.