[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CCW noobie help /k/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: G43-45.jpg (199 KB, 1183x787) Image search: [Google]
G43-45.jpg
199 KB, 1183x787
hey /k/ need some advice
>new to ccw
>need gun advice

thinking about getting a g43
>pic related
>>
Get a M&P Shield like all the normal people.
>>
>go to gun store/range with rentals
>hold/rent guns in the size you want
>buy the one that feels best in hand/you shoot the best
>ignore everyone's personal favorite/marketing
>>
>>27904225
Shield has an awful trigger.
>>
>>27904267
This and honestly every M&P I've head and/or shot has just not felt right in my hand and I haven't really shot well with them. Not badly, but not well enough for me to be taken by them.

OP, I have a G43 and I like it. Surprisingly I really enjoy the trigger, only thing I really want to do with it is get tritium sights and a bigger slide release. However, pistols and especially subcompacts are very much user preference. If you can fingerfuck, or even better shoot a bunch before you buy, i'd recommend it.

The Walther, Ruger, Sig, Springfield, etc. all make great single-stack nines, it just depends on what kind of setup you're looking for and what feels and shoots right for you.
>>
CZ 75 compact or P01
>>
>>27904318
As a P01 owner, I do not recommend it for dedicated carry duty. I'm an average build kind of guy (5'9", 175 lbs.) and I can only successfully conceal it in winter when I get to wear heavier sweaters or flannels

That being said, it's a hell of a gun and I love it. will probably use it to get into IDPA when I get out of college. If OP wants a hammer-fired option, the RAAMIs are supposed to be good options from CZ as well.
>>
File: 20150522_084313.jpg (1023 KB, 2551x1435) Image search: [Google]
20150522_084313.jpg
1023 KB, 2551x1435
OP make sure you are comfortable with a single stack 9

I held a shield and wasn't comfortable with how thin the grip was for a cc

and if you do get an m&p upgrade to an apex trigger because the m&p triggers are garbage
>>
Anyone know if they've come out with/are coming out with 7 round magazines for the G43?
>>
>>27904114
Glock 20 if you can CC a full size and it fits well in your hand.
Glock 29 if you can't/don't want to CC a full size and it fits well in your hand.
10mm master race.
>>
>>27904378
You'd have to be severely obese to be capable of properly concealing a Glock 20.
>>
>>27904114
I was in your boat a while ago OP. I was deciding between a PPS and G43. I went with the PPS and am glad I did. It is an awesome gun.
>>
>>27904424
6'4" 240. Not obese, just a big guy, snd I use a shoulder rig and put on a jacket over it. That being said the down side is this doesn't work in the summer, and if you get hot in doors you have to deal.
>>
>>27904502
Okay, but assume the majority of people don't want to wear a jacket all day every day in order to CC.
>>
>>27904519
Fair point anon, I probably should've mentioned that in my first post. Definitely not for everyone and not for every time of the year, but it's worth considering.
>>
>>27904424
Or you know, you could get a quality holster and dress appropriately. I carry a longslide m&p in a RCS Phantom with the tuckable loops and offset wings and it hides just fine.
>>
>>27904267
...they do make replacement triggers and sears.
>>
>>27904960
You're saying its a good thing you need to replace its trigger and sear to put it on par with other pistols in its class? Gg m8
>>
>>27904114
>thinking about getting a g43
good choice
>need ccw advice
IWB
>>
>>27904978
And stock sights on any pistol are shit compared to Trijicon HDs.

You don't HAVE to stick with stock anything on your weapon.
>>
>>27904114
Get a Shield
>>
>>27904114
What is your environment like, OP? Rural? Urban?
What are the crooks in your area like? Are you more likely to be attacked by an individual (as in a place full of meth heads) or multiple assailants (as in a place full of gangs)?
What is your height and weight?
How do you intend to carry your gun?
Will it be on you all day long, or mostly during commuting and short trips?
Are you comfortable having a gun without an external safety?
>>
File: edc.jpg (152 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
edc.jpg
152 KB, 1280x960
Have a g43 here. Like it a lot and carry it daily. Would suggest decent night sights but in the end, go and hold/shoot some other guns and find what works for you. I am also looking into the S&W 637 .38 revolver. Held it this weekend at a gunstore and found it very concealable and stupidly light. Worth checking out too.
>>
File: 2015-10-18 17.30.07.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-18 17.30.07.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>27904114
Glock is a good CCW choice. Its a bit smaller than the shield and comes with a better trigger. honestly though the best thing about the Glock is its good in stock form and their is/will be a shit ton of aftermarket support for it. Mine now sports a 3.5 pound connector along with a $0.25 glock trigger job which makes the trigger down right good. I recommend Warren Tac night sights and the vickers tactical slide stop is great if you like using the slide stop.
>>
>>27904960
>Needing to spend another a third of the cost of your new gun to make it not a shit.
You must own a Tavor.
>>
>>27906319
>pinky off the grip
HHHSSSSsssss
>>
File: 2015-11-17 01.02.21.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-17 01.02.21.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>27906517
Better?

Also the mag was out in that pic...
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.