[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self defense in the 21st century
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
File: 1447291535348.jpg (10 KB, 389x430) Image search: [Google]
1447291535348.jpg
10 KB, 389x430
Do you still feel like your sidearm is enough?

If not, what is enough?

No, im not talking about muggings, im talking about straight up terrorism.

Truck bombs, suicide squads

Is there ANY WAY (short of never leaving your house) to be safe?

Ive been carrying for years, I will continue to do so, but I hear about something like france which freedomfries aside is without a doubt an industrialized civilized nation, or the boston marathon a little further back.

This shit is 10x scarier than 9/11. I travelled a LOT after than with all the dont let the terrorists win, remeber to make your vacation trips etc..

But now; I actively avoid movie theaters on premiers (used to go to tons of midnight premiers in the past) Sporting events? no more, parades? I steer clear.

Is there any way for the "average person" to be safe from this?

I love guns, but more rights will not help. Even if you wear your pc and carry your ar everywhere they outnumber you and have explosives.

Almost feel like total marshall law or 1982-esque drone filled skies and natguard at every corner is the only thing that would work...
>>
It's worse here in the UK where in some places it seems like every 4th person is a Muslim. Not only that but they roam around in groups of 10-15, you never see one on their own. I live in a small town so I'm unlikely to be caught up in an attack but everytime I've been in London I always scan my surroundings 24/7 and look out for unattended bags on Tube trains. I also keep a lookout for groups of grown men of Asian appearance, if they are together, wearing backpacks and look suspicious it raises alarm bells in my head. There isn't much I can do really apart from plan escape routes in my head and look for areas of solid cover I can run to.
>>
>>27903012

Great, so you acknowledge that a small-scale terrorist attack every couple of months absolutely hinders your ability to live a normal life and enjoy the things you used to do. Terrorists win, you lose. Worry more about your heart-health/driving ability than avoiding social contact and confined spaces. The lifetime chances of you dying in a terrorist attack are a big fat giant ZERO percent. won't happen. enjoy sitting in your basement finger-fuckingg your .50 cal BMG with your scanner radio and infowars blaring in the background. surely you will be the one to survive the red-dawn influx of ISIS jihadists dropping from the sky any day now.
>>
No matter the size of your gun, how large of a clip you got, or level of the body armor you're wearing its not going to protect you from an IED.

The only defence is vigilance
>>
>>27903012
>>27903086
Paranoid
>>
File: 1324172491443.jpg (91 KB, 360x259) Image search: [Google]
1324172491443.jpg
91 KB, 360x259
>>27903012
Handguns are weak.
Mag capacity helps pave over this
Training is absolutely critical. Persistent training. Handguns skills are more perishable than rifle skills.

Situational awareness when out and about is still your first, and best line of defense.

Omars comming
>>
>>27903210
No reasonable amount of reasonable situational awareness is going to protect you from a well plannet attack.

Are all the wtc/oklahoma city bombing victms at fault for not fucking checking the contents of passing vehicles?

Is head on a swivel + 20 spare mags going to do a damn thing if you're on the subway and another guy in the car has an exploding vest?
>>
>>27903231
You want to be 100% safe?
Good luck with that.
Risk mitigation is what men can achieve.
>>
>>27903254
ok... let me rephrase that, is there ANY way short of avoiding potential sites to mitigate risk in a coordinated attack?

methinks not
>>
>>27903166

Some say paranoid but us operators like to be prepared.
>>
File: 1424340523897.jpg (208 KB, 669x960) Image search: [Google]
1424340523897.jpg
208 KB, 669x960
>>27903282
how about the fact that you have a better chance of dying in you bathroom then killed by an ied or IS

there is no point in worrying about something that has a 0.00001% chance of killing you.

the freeway has a higher body count then IS ever will

TL:DR lrn 2 statistics
>>
File: hbg45678.png (443 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
hbg45678.png
443 KB, 640x360
fear not!

Our comrades in the syrian resistance will deal will this filth.
>>
File: 2015-11-13_00001.jpg (608 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-13_00001.jpg
608 KB, 1920x1080
>>27903134
>clip
>>
>>27903457
>remove highway
>>
>>27903457
>implying we dont all use piss jugs

Pleb.
>>
>>27903012
You are paranoid. Think about how often people go do shit and nothing happens.
>>
>>27903012
Well, I'm honestly happy that gun control would end up being the central issue if an event like this were to happen in the US, because without gun control to complain about after this event people have gone full retard and then some.
>>
>>27903134
>clip
get the fuck out of here you piece of shit
>>
Walk with riot armor and a tower shield. Hopefully you'll be able to point it to the shitskin screaming Allahu Snackbar in time.
>>
File: 1434993762548.jpg (60 KB, 800x298) Image search: [Google]
1434993762548.jpg
60 KB, 800x298
>>27903134
There's a balance to strive for. Nothing I can do about a bomb or a half dozen snackbars with full auto AKs at the mall.

The best I can do is stay aware, keep carrying my CCW. Since Charlie Hebdo I've kept folding Mini 14 in a diversion bag in my trunk with a 30 rounder locked under an empty chamber and four more in four mag carrier.

Is it more or less a security blanket? Surely, I'm not naive enough to think I could go SEAL Team Six on a group of Jihadists, but if a single guy pops up, I might have a fighting chance.

Or I might get shot to Hell. Either way, I will have died in battle and secured my place in Valhalla. There are worse ways to die.
>>
>>27903012
Do you drive a car?
What if you get in an accident?
Shit, what if there's a tornado or an earthquake, hiding in your house like a paranoid bitch won't help you then.
>>
While carrying a sidearm, knife and flashlight anything is possible.
>>
>>27903796
>Since Charlie Hebdo I've kept folding Mini 14 in a diversion bag in my trunk
What the hell would that help if you're keeping it in your trunk? I've never understood people carrying a rifle in their trunk for self defense considering how long it would take to get ready. If I'm going to carry something bigger it's going in the leg well or between the seats (depending on the length) so I can actually get it out quickly, as if there's enough time for me to get a gun out of my trunk then there's enough time for me to drive away.
>>
How much does it cost to get like a completely self contained bunker for 1?

As in able to grow food, filter water, and air and enough fuel for power for say 30 or 40 years (probably not going to live more than that anyways)

It doesn't need to be like buried underground or capable of withstanding a nuclear blast or anything, just so that I don't need to leave it.

I reckon some of those shipping containers would be a decent 'chassis' and out of the way enough, and nobody would really try and fuck with it. It's more the growing food inside and the power parts that concern me; "large amount of water filters" is pretty straight forward, same with air filters.
>>
File: image_7.jpg (61 KB, 364x476) Image search: [Google]
image_7.jpg
61 KB, 364x476
>>27903344
>operators
>>
>>27903887
Yeah, that bugs me. In the military, there are very few who are considered "operators".

Yet every cop or CAWADOODY wannabe with a plate carrier and an AR thinks they're an operating operators operationally in operations.
>>
>>27903866
Just growing enough food and purifying enough water to support yourself decently on a small farm is about $200,000 assuming you want eggs and goat milk/cheese in your diet.

Power, fuel, and air purification will be even more $$$$$.

God help you if you want to farm vegetables or milk/eggs indoors, you'll have to figure out hydroponics and artificial sunlight.
>>
>>27903849
Well, I keep a hand gun in the glovebox and my CCW goes in the console when I get in the car. The glove box gun varies, but lately it's been either my S&W 581 .357 Magnum or the Desert Eagle with the .44 barrel on it.

I admit the Deagle is a bit silly, but it's entirely shootable in .44 Magnum with hot loads that are equal to a short barreled AR in 5.56 with 8+1 and quick reload with spare mags. I recon that will get me to my trunk. A rifle is a bitch to handle in a car. Hopefully between my CCW and glove box gun I can get to my trunk gun.
>>
>>27904458
To follow up, what if your stuck in traffic when the shit goes down and can't readily get away? I agree that just getting out is the best option. But what if you CAN'T. I'd rather have the long gun. I also suppose I could keep it in the passenger cabin in the diversion bag.
>>
File: image.png (1010 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1010 KB, 640x960
>>27904458
>leaving a $1500 gun in your glove box
>>
>>27903012
The best defense is for our shithead politicians to stop letting ragheads come here. Permanently or for a visit. BUILD WALL.
>>
>>27904458
>A rifle is a bitch to handle in a car.
I was thinking something like an AR/AK pistol with a 10" barrel or something bullpup.

>>27904506
It might just be due to where I live, but I've never been completely stuck in traffic. Since I started driving I've always made sure to leave enough room in front of me that I can pull out if necessary and my car would have no problem jumping curbs and driving across grass to get away (have done that to get out of parking lots on occasion).
>>
>>27904610
>BUILD WALL.
Any projections on how much a wall would cost plus the cost of actually having enough people watching so Mexicans couldn't just climb it, because that sounds like it would be incredibly expensive.
>>
>>27904458
>.44 Mag Deagle car gun
That's pretty bitchin. I wonder when Kahr will make their lightweight Deagle so that I can try it in New York. Damn AWB
>>
>>27903634
MAKERS HAVE MERCY! THEY LOOK EVEN MORE DISGUSTING NOW...

They look like goddamn walking tumors...
>>
I have a question.
Obviously if someone in a building that has a "Gun Free" zone sticker finds out you're carrying, then they can just throw you out of the property.
But will you get into any legal trouble if there is an attack on the building and you defend yourself with what you're carrying?
Does that sticker have any legal ground or is it just a warning to the public that they can throw you out?
>>
>>27903012
>image

Ah, that's what they mean with double-stacked Eastern bloc calibers.
>>
>>27908589
I would recommend you research it, but as far as I know, there is no legal basis to it other than them being allowed to refuse you service and to remove you from the premises.
>>
>>27903123
kek
>>
>>27903123
This.

Terrorists are still less of a hazard to your health than skipping the gym and driving like an asshole.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.