[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
stippling and other grip mods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1108150548.jpg (515 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1108150548.jpg
515 KB, 2048x1536
does /k/ like stippling?
do you do it your self or send to someone else
>>
nope.
>>
>>27846953
Absolutely not.
>>
>>27847135
why
>>
Nope.
>>
File: 20827-DEFAULT-l.jpg (96 KB, 900x685) Image search: [Google]
20827-DEFAULT-l.jpg
96 KB, 900x685
if you're such a faggot concerned about grip, buy a hogue handall, or GET IN THE GRIP ZONE instead of bubbaing a perfectly good gun.
>>
I like it. My buddy bought a few sheets of some plastic or other to practice patterning & depth etc. on

Eventually did his own G17

Feels great. Not too rough, not too smooth. Undercut trigger guard slightly and reduced finger grooves. Very light pattern in the thumb web area, palm & fingertips much more aggressive
Wouldn't necessarily trust him with my 19 as it may have been beginners luck, but I wish I had pics of his. He really did an excellent job.
>>
I did my p226 grips myself, and they didn't turn out terribly, but I still want to change them out now. It is definitely the best grip you can get, but it has to be done well enough that it looks and feels great. Also, not sure that I'd do it on a gun that has a polymer frame as opposed to just the grips like on my 226.
>>
>>27846953

Just go slow and draw an outline on the frame before you start.

>>27847213
I don't think bubba owns a plastic gun.
>>
Everyone I've ever seen stipple has been a turbo mall ninja or that special type of bubba who puts archangel stocks on mosins and tries to sell them for $700

No they are gay and only guns that come like that from the factory look decent (I believe HK does this to some guns, I might be wrong)
>>
>>27847575

or maybe people just want more grip and hogues slide/add thickness and skateboard tape requires a heat gun to apply right.
>>
>>27846953
you can do it yourself if you dont sperg out all over the frame and have a lot of patience. just have it done by pros. runs around $100 unless you go to agency/salient or someone like that. they mostly charge for their name.
>>
>>27846953
Buy a gun that doesn't have shit grips to begin with or get a cheap Hogue slip on instead of turning your frame into a shitty skin-cell collector.
>>
Stippling is for people who shoot. People who turn their nose up at it have never shot in the rain, snow, mud, or with blood on their hands.
>>
>>27846953
Trypophobia anyone?
>>
>>27851720
stippling is for faggots, and dramatically decreases the value of a gun. Just get grip tape if you need better grip.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.