[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Enlisted to Officer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: U.S. Army_200px.png (43 KB, 200x266) Image search: [Google]
U.S. Army_200px.png
43 KB, 200x266
Hey /k/ today I got a strange phone call.

Backstory:
>be me
>enlisted
>35N
>SPC shamming my way through a tour at a small duty station
>Russian shit pops off and actually do work with intel value
>Get noticed
>perpetually fucked up room but actually super clean that shit THE DAY BEFORE A SUPRISE WHITE GLOVE
>apparently I have best room according to commander

Today
>get off of work
>go to room
>start jerking it
>get phone call
>think its probably the new squad leader I just got
>Hey SPC OP this is CPT Nignog, some time ago you expressed interest in going to West Point, are you still interested?
>Yes sir?
>vaguely recall something about that
>discuss ACT/SAT score (did bretty good on those), college transcripts of the year and a half that I did
>ask him to call back in a few days on my day off

Long story short, what's the deal with this /k/? Is it legit? A scam? I'm going to talk to my commander tomorrow.
>>
Worth mentioning that I have never heard of this CPT, but I don't want to let an opportunity like this slip by
>>
Hi, another shitbag E4 here.

My friend did this in the AF reserves, he's at the air force academy. It's pretty common if you're smart and get noticed. They're really big on it now for whatever reason.

At the same time, I'd ask your Readiness/Training NCO about the captain and if there's anything else you should know because he'd have more information.

If you want to do it OP, you should. It's a great opportunity if you're fine with being in the military at least 8 more years.
>>
>>27846194
That's the thing, I thought that I would do one tour and get out, but now I'm not sure. I was perfectly happy to chill at a small strategic unit that doesn't even pt.

But imagine the shitbagging that I could do as an officer... It could be legendary....
>>
nobody on /k/ has an opinion on this?
>>
>>27846354
Nobody on /k/ is actually in the military, apparently including you if you don't know how to follow up with an email to his military address.

Like what? A scam? Retard central? You?
>>
>>27846354
Same thing happened to me, except it was a letter, and I had my 214 in hand before I saw it.
>>
>>27846426
They sent a letter after you ets'd?
>>
>>27846354
>>27846210
>>27846181
>>27846159

Assuming you actually get offered a spot at West Point and you are ok with the time you will spend there and whatever re-up you are in for (Normally 5 years but with prior service...? No idea)

You have a chance to get a free college education

(Both academies are pretty good schools, but the educational value... well, just depends who you ask-- I am not military, but my sister went to the Naval Academy and I met some people there wow some were actually retarded how they graduated I will never know)

Employers see a degree from an Academy, combined with a perhaps useful MOS/experience and you're pretty much set on a good job and money sans debt from college loans

TLDR If you can spend another >>27846194
8 years then you would be dumb not to take it.

If the military isnt for you for that much longer, at least make use of the GI bill after or during your service

However also be prepared for retarded bullshit you dealt with from basic onward when you were new with little rules just to subordinate you (No diagonal paths at the USNA for plebes) Having gone through this already, you will probably find it easy, but your current unit sounds pretty lax so you may have a hard time readjusting
If I were you I would do it

t. civilian
>>
hey
i'm also a shitbag e4 35N. lel
>>
>>27846429
I'm sure I was still wearing green when they dropped it in the mail
>>
>>27846159
This is pretty normal. They offered it to me and 20 other guys in our company (11bs) solely based off of GT scores.

>>27846467
>8 years then you would be dumb not to take it.

This dude's right. It's an additional 8 year contract extension. No one wanted it after they found out this little fact.
>>
>>27846484
What I meant to say was

>can he spend 8 more years?

>yes
Then dumb if not

>no
Then dumb if he does
>>
>>27846489
Yeah, I know. I agree with you, just saying it was a no/go for us
>>
>>27846472
all e4 35n's are shitbags

>>27846489
I guess I have to talk to this guy then, but apparently I need a recommendation from my commander?
>>
>>27846159
Pretty much all junior enlisted with a high asvab score under age 26 get an email or a phone call.

I used to get spammed by this major to go to westpoint every month.

I was like no fuck that, y go to a university where tryhard future soldiers haze peers on a regular basis?

I already hated the current command climate and leadership, why surround myself with future ring knockers who will more than likely act the same way.
>>
File: hooahrake.jpg (601 KB, 2304x1536) Image search: [Google]
hooahrake.jpg
601 KB, 2304x1536
>>27846210
>But imagine the shitbagging that I could do as an officer... It could be legendary....
not sure if troll or just an actual shitbag mentality. Either way, fuck yourself with a rake
>>
>>27847227
Really? Is it that bad there?
>>
>>27847227
>where tryhard future soldiers haze peers on a regular basis?
You gotta be kidding.
>>
Also, does anyone know if I can get them to send me to the AF Academy instead of West Point? I have a bunch of guns that wouldn't be welcome in Jew York and would be more at home in Colorado
>>
>>27847461 I wonder how many of these images that imply "don't enlist during peacetime, lol cleaning rocks" are shots of guys who got NJP'd and are doing extra duty.
>>27848950 implying your guns are following you to any academy. implying Colorado still has good gun laws
>>
>>27847461
raking the dirt makes it easier for sentries to spot footprints or objects in the dirt that shouldn't be there. It also leaves fewer small mounds of dirt for idiots to trip over when they're running around in a panic. Everything has a purpose
>>
>>27849826
I know they won't follow me to the acadamy but my uncle lives in Colorado Springs so I would keep them there. I'm in the barracks as is and store them off base
>>
>>27846159
OP on mobile here, talked with my commander and apparently they emailed him because apparently there's something on my record or erb or whatever that they want
>>
>>27850304
>>27852404
exactly 100 posts apart, it's a sign from Our Lord Patrick Bateman

good luck if this is what you wanna do, but be damned sure that it is what you wanna do
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.