[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you become a SWAT?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 3.jpg (487 KB, 1308x982) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
487 KB, 1308x982
How do you become a SWAT?
>>
1) be a cop

2) dont be bad
>>
>>27803265

1. be willing to murder people for stupid drug laws
>>
>Shoot first
>Ask questions later
Questions like "was he even armed?" , "it's this the right house?"
>>
I would start with some basic grammar.
>>
>>27803265
1. Get job as police officer and be in good standing
2. Apply for an opening in your department's SWAT team when one arises
3. ???
4. PROFIT!
>>
File: 59.jpg (24 KB, 240x325) Image search: [Google]
59.jpg
24 KB, 240x325
>>27803311
Shut up fag

>>27803265
>get in shape
>join military, preferably combat-related MOS
>do well there, do your time, get out
>find an agency, preferably a large one with a full time team (lots of applicants these days, and big city teams have more training time and resources)
>go through hiring process, graduate academy
>meet whatever prerequisites your department has set for SWAT officers (typically you'll need to do a few years on patrol to be eligible, and most smaller departments require military service rather than reccomend it)
>attend SWAT tryouts ASAP, pass the PFQ and any other associated tests, complete operator's training course (there are minimum standards set for what must be covered in these, but it varies from one department to another)

And after that, boom. You're a door-kicking, flashbang-tossing, hard assed agent of law and order. Don't go down this career path unless it's something know for sure you want to devote a good portion of your life to
>>
>>27803265

I would start out in Mexico. They're the bush league of SWAT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJVdeldB4vc
>>
Step 1: Forget how to read addresses and raid the wrong houses.
Step 2: Be willing to kill dogs.

I have more respect for the DEA and FBI than I do for your average 85 IQ SWAT member.
>>
>>27803464
>Why the fuck would I need a war ent to kick down his door? Do you even hear yourself?
>>
>>27803527
>baby burner detected
>>
>>27803265
Depending on the department it could be anywhere from a tested or appointed full time position to ad hoc "SWAT Trained" officers & detectives who train once every few months, called out first X to answer the phone.
>not an especially large asshole
>intelligence not required
>>
>>27803527
>mfw this is the new professionalism as described by SCOTUS

https://youtu.be/XP0f00_JMak
>>
File: 1445867513313-pol.jpg (12 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1445867513313-pol.jpg
12 KB, 240x240
>>27803311
>kick down door of suspected hippy growing pot during no-knock raid
>shoot everyone inside after point man kills homeowner that responded to his door being kicked in
>prevent medical personnel from attempting to save any criminal scum while they gurgle on their own blood because scene isn't secured
>find out we raided the wrong house and killed innocent people
>actual hippy suspect next door in kimono eating cheerios on front lawn after a 4 hour SpongeBob binge
>go to the bar with my buds and drink socially acceptable liquid drug that makes many people act violent and get fat

God bless America
>>
>>27803690

This post was too real

10/10 would become more depressed about society again
>>
File: burned_baby_2.jpg (38 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
burned_baby_2.jpg
38 KB, 640x360
>>27803690

"he should have had better parents" - actual quote from police chief defending his goons
>>
File: 1418174503439.gif (1000 KB, 368x208) Image search: [Google]
1418174503439.gif
1000 KB, 368x208
>>27803265
Shoot your dog and bring it in to the police station
Use your dogs corps as proof you're committed to joining SWAT.
They will be so moved by such an act they will have to let you in.
>>
>>27803527

No, no, no. Wrong, wrong wrong.

The military is a higher calling than a rung on the ladder on the way to SWAT. If your only purpose in joining the military is to get some job experience then you are going to fail out and fail hard.

It's a stupid way to live your life too. What happens if you spend 4 years in the military, then 2 years finding a good full time LE job, then three years on the job before you're eligible to even apply for SWAT. Now you're 9 years older than when you started. You've got a stable girlfriend or wife who's terrified that you're not going to come home some night. You've got your first kid and you're terrified that you might not come home some night. At some point, you're going to realize how naive you were nine years ago when you wanted to "become a SWAT".

Military service can be useful, but it has limited application to SWAT. The most important skill of a SWAT team member is the ability to remain calm and think through high pressure situations, followed by a commitment to discipline and professionalism. Those are both great things you can learn in the military, but the military isn't the only place you learn these skills, and the military doesn't help you with the myriad day-to-day skills that SWAT team members require to do their job.

Military training in door kicking and shooting is not a bonus for a SWAT team member. Those are important parts of the job, but they're not hard parts. The military trains plenty of semi-functional high school age idiots to do these things all the time. If you're a good candidate but you don't know how to kick down a door, SWAT will gladly teach you how to do that.
>>
>>27803927
>The military is a higher calling than a rung on the ladder on the way to SWAT
>muh benefits

Same shit, different boss.
>>
oh wow, i never knew you americans had so much hate and disrespect against your local swat. the swat in israel only takes the best of the best. after few months of training, the local swat team choose their own candidates for the team, and if he is compatible with the mentality of the team his staying. if you fails to join any swat team, they send him to the israel prison service rapid response team.
>>
>>27803996

Israel actually has real threats to deal with, not a bunch of made-up threats created by laws passed at the behest of the prison-industrial complex.
>>
>>27803690
Alternatively

>kick down a suspect's door and shoot them because they were in the hallway with a gun since they heard people creeping around outside their house
>get scared and run away while the "suspect" bleeds to death inside
>claim that they fired on you first
>release photos of the dead suspect with an AR as proof
>accidentally out yourself as a liar because the fire selector is still on safe
>find no drugs or other illegal items in the house
>drop the investigation entirely

http://tucson.com/news/local/crime/article_b3177522-baa0-5c9e-9f0d-d3d7da6e9e4b.html
>>
>>27803996
You'd probably dislike your SWAT teams too if they went around booting in doors on flimsy as fuck evidence and killing/wounding innocent people. I've already told the story a hundred times here but this happened to someone I know personally. The local cops booted their door in and trashed their house (while officers held the elderly couple on the ground at gunpoint) because of a case of mistaken identity.
Whoopsie. Trashed your house for no reason and traumatized your wife. Sorry about that. Btw we ain't paying for shit so have fun suing the department if you want any of your broken stuff replaced.
>>
>>27804063
>no-knock raid
>homeowner investigates
>shoot him in the head without warning
>GET DOWN ON THE GROUND

https://youtu.be/cSfOBPlY2n0
>>
>>27804080

>no-knock raid the wrong house based on an IP address even when they know the evidence did not constitute a "true threat"
>demand qualified immunity

https://youtu.be/ZXqbLzHd_oo
>>
>>27803567
Have you never heard of "wrong door raids"? They happen all the time
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.