[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well /k/ I got hired to work the gun counter at the largest fun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: 1446112971271.png (175 KB, 255x549) Image search: [Google]
1446112971271.png
175 KB, 255x549
Well /k/ I got hired to work the gun counter at the largest fun store in the state. At first it was exciting but here's been the majority of my first week.

>"I need a holster for a 9mm"
I'll help you find one. What gun is it?
>"9mm"
Right. What brand is it?
>"9mm"
*sigh* Do you have the gun with you?
>"no. but it's 9mm"

>"i'd like a gun for my wife"
okay. you have a general idea of what to get?
>"i'm not sure. something for my wife"
umm... Has your wife had experience handling a gun before?
>"not sure. She shot my gun."
Okay. I'm sure we can find something similar to it.
>"Oh no. She didn't like shooting mine"
...okay... you thinking revolver? automatic?
>"I'm not sure"
umm... well we have these Smith snubbies. Those are very popular with the ladies
>"Nah. She wouldn't like that"
Okay. How about a nice compact .380. Those are also popular with ladies. Here's a Ruger LCP
>"No. I don't think she'd like that".
...Sir, do you see anything in these cases you think she might like?
>"I don't know"

>"So how hard you think that bitch Hilary is gonna make things for guys like us if she becomes president"
I'm not sure sir. She's pretty unpopular around here. Can I help you with something?
>"Yeah. That bitch is gonna do everything in her power to ruin the fabric of American society."
Sir. I-
>"Just like that goddamn Muslim Obama. I tell ya, when the revolution begins this is the first place I'll be coming to"
Right... Can I show you anything from the counter or...?
>"I tell ya, I don't know what's going through their minds"
Sir, I gotta go get something from the back.
>*starts bitching about politics to my co-workers*
*look back. co-worker mouths the word "fuck you" at me*

>"Glock"
Yes we carry Glocks
>"Glock"
Yes... Glock
>"GLOCK!"
You wanna buy a Glock?
>*beats on chest "Glock Glock"
Right... I'm gonna go over here now.
>*saddened* ...glock...
>>
File: 1431363860774.jpg (48 KB, 334x750) Image search: [Google]
1431363860774.jpg
48 KB, 334x750
>>27801471
Kek
>>
Unfortunately that's exactly how gun stores are
>>
>>27801487
Poor nigger just wanted a glock and maybe a dad
>>
>>27801471
That last one got me. 7/10.
>>
>>27801471
Just shoot the shit and sell them the most expensive guns.
>>
File: HAHyadummy.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
HAHyadummy.gif
1 MB, 300x169
>>27801471
>not knowing customer service is one of the shittiest jobs in the world

You set yourself up with that one OP. Embrace the Suck
>>
>>27801471
Welcome to the wonderful world of retail. The only worse work is restaurants because you literally have to clean up their shit.
>>
Welcome to the world of retail. Funs or not, easily 98% of the people you interact with will be complete fucking idiots
>>
>>27801518
>Complaining about cleaning up shit
>Not being overnight maitenence

I hate my job, BTW. And those creepy ass single old 40-60 year old men that seem to always come along with the work.
>>
>>27801506
>>27801506
no friend. thats not what happens. most of these people come in with less than $20 in their pocket and after fingerfucking 20 to 30 guns and "shooting the shit" for the better half of an hour they leave with nothing. I actually had a guy yesterday ask me if we carried a "smith and western 38 S-P-L in 9mm". When I told him that wasn't a thing he argued that he saw one online so then i showed him a k-frame and he said what he saw was a semi-automatic and then asked if the 38 s-p-l +p was some sort of limited exclusive model. I spent 15 minutes arguing with this guy and trying to explain things to him but he wasn't having any of it. Finally he got frustrated and left because, after showing him every Smith revolver and auto we had I could not for the life of me figure out what the fuck he was talking about.
>>
>>27801471
>working retail

Good customers go online anymore and only come in for transfers, the brick and mortar stores draw all the retards that can't use their cellphones to order parts or read reviews of products.

Seriously, all kinds will show up, and you will have to smile and listen to their bullshit for HOURS.
It does not get better, you should start looking for a job in a different sector. Work for a manufacturer instead.
>>
>>27801540
Well currently I work night security. Probably the easiest job I've ever had, and I get paid more too.
>>
>>27801584
>brick and mortar stores draw all the retards that can't use their cellphones to order parts or read reviews of products

This. OP, you're getting all the people who make the threads on /k/ that could be solved with 5 seconds on Google.
>>
Am I the only one who has the opposite problem with complete ducking idiots working behind the counter?

>take stainless 44 super Blackhawk in to legs to see what they would give me towards trade on a new cc gun.

>kid tells me that large bore revolvers are only good for about 200-250 shots then the cylinders get out of time because of the recoil. Offers me 200 bucks for my stainless super Blackhawk with 7in barrel and leupold scope.

Nigga wut.

Ask to look at m&p 9c and 9 shield since I wasted my time going there.

> no you should look at this glawk 26 much better gun, see I carry a flask 17. Proceeds to pull out his gun and tell me all about it and then a new 10mm flock coming out with a 6 inch barrel that he is going to buy so he can use it deer hunting.

I left.
>>
>>27801698
>mobileposting
>>
>>27801698
Fucking auto correct, apparently glock isn't a word on I phones
>>
>>27801753
Kek
>>
The shit store I work at thankfully has that weird version of Semi-Fudd where they actually know what the fuck they're talking about and aren't complete mouthbreathers. The LGS I actually go to to buy shit and shoot is much better.
>>
>>27801757
>not carrying a flask for tactical alcoholism
>>
>>27801757
>flask 17
>>
Look it's babbys first customer service job.

Protip no one cares. Protip Number 2: People are stupid, this is common knowledge.

t. Gunshop employee who likes his job.

These threads are always fucking retarded circle jerks.
>>
>>27801929

Every fucking time
>I have a fudd story. Oh yeah? I have a bigger fudd story. Haha 22 ami right guise lol XD
Wow he actually called it a Deagle. WOW this absolute moron actually said stopping power. Hurr a fucking liberal came in today wow he was so dum. A nigger said extendo lmao. lel look at my smug pepe face when I saw the guy buy fucking 40 short and weak. omg this fucking AUTISTIC CAME IN HE WAS SO autistic I cant believe the autism of him. hyuck radio check(em my ebin get!) ami right? Radio check anybody?. he bought an M&P .He bought a CZ .he bought a glock

Anything else I am missing?
>>
>>27801929
This. Nobody fucking cares, this isn't your personnel blog.

Same goes with the other hundreds of autistic blogposting that goes on in this board
>>
>>27801757
>not having your concealed weapons permit for so you can carry a flock of crows under your trenchcoat

There's a reason a group of crows is also called a "murder."

Also, the only "good" brick 'n' mortar store are the ones with a sort of interactivity. An archery store with a range, a Magic store with tournaments, a vidya store where people actually play vidya. If you are just a "buy and leave" store, you're gonna have retards.
>>
>>27801929

Bitch please, no one fucking cares about you. Go back to /s4s/ and cry about losing your "BOARD CULTURE, M-MUH BOARD CULTURE'S DISAPPEARING" a little harder.
>>
>>27801999
>crying about board culture
>tells others to go cry about board culture

Lol

Stay mad faggot
>>
I'll play along, OP. Also fuck green texting, I'm on a phone.

Friend transferred a gun to the gunstore I work at, a VEPR 12. Came with 100 rounds of 00 buck from whatever site he bought it from. Came in, paid, we talked about guns and cars. Good times.

Guy comes in with a basic bitch AR upper, wants a low pro gasblock, free float rail, and a red dot. He buys the stuff, we install it, shoot the shit with him. Turns out he's ex navy and is now in helicopter flight school. All around nice guy, good times.

Rich guy, repeat customer, comes in about once a week. Hangs out, talks politics, business, sports, cars, photography, pretty much anything that comes up. He's awesome, very friendly and knowledgeable. Sometimes buys expensive guns, sometimes comes in just to say hi.

I don't know what dumb shit gunstore the rest of y'all are talking about. But my gunstore is awesome and I love it there.
>>
>>27801991
>be me taking a stroll downtown
>recently got my CCW and started to carry my crow brand crows 17
>turn into a dark alley as a shortcut to get home
>a dindu suddenly approaches from the dark
>ayylmaofukwithme.jpeg
>dark skin gentleman screeches "ayyyy honey give me what u got"
>I take 3 paces back and clench my coat
>he keeps approaching and I act on it
>I rip open my coat and here comes out 17 pissed of crows that been trapped under my folds
>they make quick work of him
>spend 2 hours throwing bread crumbs and retrieving all of them
>>
>>27801659
This. Working as night security was the cherriest gig I've ever had. Basically got paid a shit ton to sit on my ass and play with my phone.
>>
>>27802057
That didn't go where i expected it to.
>>
>>27802024

>trying this hard
>baiting this hard

But senpai, you don't even OWN a Childozer, you can't say shit about others having one~
>>
>Work at a big name gun store.
>live in fucking alabama.
>every fucker and their dad comes in asking for .22
>last time we had the buckets of 1400 .22lr 3 buckets were sold to employees and we sold 1 to a customer
>kind of felt bad then I went home and poured my .22's over me and didn't feel bad

Also
>old guy comes in
>wants to buy a gun
>ask him what kind and what he wanted to use it for
>said he needed it "take care" of the people trespassing on his property
>"uhhhh sir I can't sell you a gun now"
>old guy left cussing
>>
File: 1438121934307.jpg (26 KB, 457x480) Image search: [Google]
1438121934307.jpg
26 KB, 457x480
>>27802057
>spend 2 hours throwing bread crumbs and retrieving all of them
>>
>>27801979
>nothin personnel kiddo
>>
>>27802212
But "taking care" of trespassers is legal. Why you gotta be a dick.
>>
>>27802053

there's a place like that near me

every time I go there at least 20 people just milling around yabbing with each other & peeps working there

another place near me more like what op typed lots of general public types coming in to store
>>
File: Newt-Gingrich-.jpg (65 KB, 864x597) Image search: [Google]
Newt-Gingrich-.jpg
65 KB, 864x597
I worked at a gun range for 14 months. Horrible job.

Most of my experience with sales was some toothless hick dragging his 115 pound girlfriend in there and going "I NEED THE SMALLEST GUN YOU HAVE IN THE LARGEST CALIBER THAT EXISTS. IT'S FOR HER. I'M THINKING RUGER LCP IN 10MM DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING LIKE THAT"

I'll never understand people that try to put pocket guns in the hands of women who have never shot before. Protip: it's not a good idea.
>>
>>27801961
I think the bigger point is that people are entering a gun store to purchase a weapon or already have a weapon but are completely ignorant to ehat they have or the responsibilities that come with it and consequences of their ignorance. It's like seeing an acrobat juggle chainsaws at the circus so you decide you wanna learn to juggle too but you don't bother reading anything or doing any research to learn how people get started learning to juggle. You just go to a hardware store and buy three chainsaws and throw them in the air above your head.
>>
>>27802430
Not necessarily, some states are different. Plus, the old man had intent to shoot them, that's a red flag.
>>
>>27801471
HATE GLOCK
>>
>>27801471
So you sigh at customers act condescending and refuse to guide them, basically you're the world's worst salesman. Did you not know it was a customer service job? Did you think you were going to the master armorer for Delta and seals as they rely on you to settle their internal conflicts on the merit of the p226?

Op is an even bigger fag than usual.
>>
>>27801471
>>"So how hard you think that bitch Hilary is gonna make things for guys like us if she becomes president"
>I'm not sure sir. She's pretty unpopular around here. Can I help you with something?
>>"Yeah. That bitch is gonna do everything in her power to ruin the fabric of American society."
>Sir. I-
>>"Just like that goddamn Muslim Obama. I tell ya, when the revolution begins this is the first place I'll be coming to"
>Right... Can I show you anything from the counter or...?
>>"I tell ya, I don't know what's going through their minds"
>Sir, I gotta go get something from the back.
>>*starts bitching about politics to my co-workers*
>*look back. co-worker mouths the word "fuck you" at me*
>>"Glock"
>Yes we carry Glocks
>>"Glock"
>Yes... Glock
>>"GLOCK!"
>You wanna buy a Glock?
>>*beats on chest "Glock Glock"
>Right... I'm gonna go over here now.
>>*saddened* ...glock...

neither of these happened.
>>
>>27802430
I live in alabama where it legal but the ATF would strip the store of its FFL liscense if they knew we sold a gun to someone intending to use it to kill someone.
>>
>>27802632
>>27802632
clearly generalizations that are exaggerated to illustrate a point and add humor. learn to context
>>
>>27802632
Glock glock glock glock glock, glockalocka.
>>
>>27802632
>what is context

Also, the one bitching about Clinton is eerily realistic, I wouldn't doubt that happening for a second.
>>
>>27801753
>Not mobileposting
Curl up in bed and relax while I read the /k/ Planes archives and shitpost. Truly we live in the age of wonders. Hell, I'm taking a dump right now while posting this.
>Literal shitposting
>>
>>27801471
legit laughed/10
>>
>>27801471

In this case, you've got to outsmart the customer. Trick them into telling them what they want by asking leading questions, pacing, etc.
>>
>>27801584

This is exactly why I stopped working for cell phone retailers a few years ago. The smart customers are buying online, the knuckle draggers who come in asking how you can "install iPhone on my Samsung" are the ones you deal with. On the bright side, they're stupid and if you're a decent salesperson you'll have them eating out of your hand, but the longer you gaze into the abyss, it's only a matter of time before the abyss starts to gaze back.
>>
>>27801757
Turn auto correct off. It's easy enough on an iPhone
>>
>>27802632
Man, I used to work at fucking Napa, but we had those old dudes who bitch about Obama come in all the time.
>thank you sir, will that be all?
>WILL THAT BE ALL? LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THAT COMMIE MUSLIM WE ELECTED
>>
>>27803215
OP isnt ready for that kind of retail management. Start him off with being the go to for people that kind of know what they want and actually have details so he can learn what a customer does when they want something.
>>
>>27802525
Nice that you have a GF who is willing to dress up with you to one of my favorite movies ever.

>Have Vietnamese GF
>Won't dress up in VC costume I got her
>Guess I'll play "Platoon" by myself
>Still got to be a tunnel rat in her tunnels if you know what I mean
>>
A lot of customers are ignorant, but most are willing to learn if you're willing to explain some of the basics to them.
I personally love my gun sales job, we get a lot of dumb customers but a lot of really based ones too.
Plus you get to take noguns customers that don't know anything and help turn them into responsible gun owners that genuinely enjoy the sport of shooting.
I had a kid come in last month to look at handguns and he went from handing guns back to me barely holding them with two fingers like it's a dirty sock to playing with his new GP100 practicing quick draws and shit. He's been back in the store at least 4 times since then and has already added a mossy 500 to his collection.
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 400x400
"Glock glock*

Jesus Christ, my sides have been obliterated.

>tfw just bought a G 30S
>>
>>27801471
>working directly with the general public
What the fuck did you expect, OP?
Also, why guns? Way to ruin your favourite hobby.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.