[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guns on campus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 480x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 480x750
Ok, I'm in a debate with a friend on the new Texas law coming up that says that we can carry on college campuses. I'm pretty sure that she is going to think I'm insane, but that's besides the point I would like to know what some of you think about it.
>>
Disneyland bans cars being driven around their park. No one in Disneyland has access to a car in the park and how many car deaths are there in Disneyland each year? 0
>>
>>27801291

Extremely low crime rate for Concealed Carriers anyway, so why would it be any different on Campus?

It doesn't change the age or requirements for CCL anyway, chances are students 21 or older who are able to purchase a gun are smart enough not to do drugs or drink excessively. Never quite got that argument that "if you let guns on campus people will die because carriers will get drunk" (illegal, see first point) "and shoot people they disagree with"

Considering you're on here, I'd imagine you're on the pro side of this debate. This might help: http://concealedcampus.org/common-arguments/
>>
>>27801291
Sounds a bit redicoulus cause Im from Germany. But the political situation changed my position to that.
We actually have a tradition in Germany that students are armed. 14. to 19. century students were allowed to be armed, when the are in a traditional fraternity. People here thought, that students are reasonable.
Right for these centuries. But I think, that especially young students are too emotional and today often uneducated. A pro and a contra....
>>
File: Mensur_im_Walde_(Closs).jpg (121 KB, 800x492) Image search: [Google]
Mensur_im_Walde_(Closs).jpg
121 KB, 800x492
>>27801634
>>27801291
looked like that
>>
>>27801291
I'm against carry on campus because I live right down the street from a university
when the happening happens I want a place that I can easily raid
>>
>>27801634
It's pretty weird here in the US. They bill us like adults and treat us like children. "Freedom of Speech Zones" (Campuses are getting sued for it more often now though.) and "Gun Free Zones". That being said, there are a lot of guns on campus here.
>>
>>27801291
I'm all for gun rights and shit and in fact support campus carry but most college students are complete idiots who I don't trust in the slightest with any hint of responsibility.
>>
>>27801634
The emotional, violent students aren't going to be stopped by some gun free zone sign.
>>
>>27801662
There are also a shit ton of people off campus that I don't trust in the slightest either.
>>
>>27801662
If someone has a CHL and carriers everywhere else already, why not when he goes on campus to go to class?
>>
>>27801662
Well it's a good thing they'll need a concealed carry license to do it then, barring they live in a permitless state
>>
Hahaha all these fucking edge lords. I can see it now, a fedora on the head and a hipoint on the waist of every neckbeard now made vigilante on college campuses across the nation. Seriously though, just why? It's so fucking stupid.
>>
>>27801724
Hahahahaha all this straw man.
>>
>>27801658
Today university isnt free anymore. I studied now nearlyy eght years ago. Now its like a school. The students are more chilidish. But we had a lot of scum there. Sitting with them in the library? Alone? Oh dear.
Well, look at the students who are with you.... From where they come, from which part of the society.
Its difficult. If you re armed, they are too.
>>
>>27801741
Same poster.
Germany here. Now an islamic state. =(
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
>>27801735
>upset hi-point wielding, fedora wearing, edge lord detected.
>>
>>27801741
You mean:
>whether or not you're armed, they are already
>>
>>27801703
I'm talking about the freshmen. It also has to do with the culture on a campus. It's against the law to carry knives at the one I went to, but that didn't stop the idiot with the (legal in the state) switchblade from whipping it out all the time to try and impress people.

Like I said, I support campus carry so I don't know why you're acting like I don't. However, it's possible to think that most college students are idiots who haven't learned discipline or responsibility yet.
>>
>>27801662
>complete idiots who I don't trust in the slightest with any hint of responsibility.
You are just starting to grasp what true freedom really is.
>>
>go to small trade school
>many students and at least one teacher carry even if it's not allowed
fuck da police
>>
>>27802000
I mean, if its allowed to be armed, the scum people will be.

So it would be interesting for me to understand the US temper.

1.If its allowed they will be armed and the risk rises to get a shot in the back by scum.
2.If its not allowed to be armed, a crazy guy could run in the unversity shooting people by ignoring the rules, maybe you. No one can defend.

My question is:
What is more presumably for you. 1 or 2?
Of what are you more afraid of? 1 or 2?
>>
>>27802007
> I'm talking about the freshmen
Except it won't be the freshmen carrying because you have to be 21 to do so...
>>
>>27801291
I don't think the government should restrict carry on school campuses. There is simply no logical reason to do so.

However, if a school is privately owned and wants to prohibit firearms, that's their right.

IMO the same goes for bars, churches, etc. The entire idea of a government-mandated "gun free zone" is inane enough before you get into arbitrary blanket bans on certain institutions. If someone can be legally trusted to carry a weapon in the street, they should be able to carry anywhere else in public or on private property where it isn't prohibited by the owner.
>>
Better send more guns to schools! That's a great idea, amerifats! What could possibly go wrong?!
>>
>>27804429
>people carry guns everywhere except schools and temples
>nothing happens

>99% of mass shooters pick a campus or religious building
gee I wonder why
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.