[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /k/ommandos. I need a small knife I can fit on a keychain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 12343214123421.jpg (73 KB, 569x588) Image search: [Google]
12343214123421.jpg
73 KB, 569x588
Alright /k/ommandos.

I need a small knife I can fit on a keychain for opening boxes and the like. But something that also could be used for other stuff, reliably, something that can take some heavy use.

If there is nothing like that, just recommend me the best possible pocket knife in your opinion.
>>
>>27798583
What you seem to be looking for is a small fixed blade, cause keychain folders can be flimsy as hell.
Are you okay with neck knives? Cause the ESEE Izula or the CRKT Folts Minimalist are pretty solid choices.
>>
>>27798603
I'm ok with any type of knife, so long as it will work.
>>
>>27798583
SOG Key knives are pretty sturdy thanks to the lockback, just uncomfortable to hold and use.
>>
>>27798612
Well do you need a keychain knife or not? If you can get anything, just find a solid folder. What's the budget you're thinking of?
>>
>>27798629
anywhere up to $100.

I guess it makes more sense to just get a normal folder.
>>
>>27798646
As in "other stuff," what do you mean? Like, cutting ropes? Or bushcraft?
>>
>>27798658
Cutting ropes, heavier things like that.
>>
>>27798674
Any folder would do then. It's better to go to your local sporting goods store/knife store and get a feel of the knives, and select from there.
If there are any Spydercos, those are good choices for the budget.
>>
>>27798583
Here you go anon, thank me later.
>>
Leatherman Squirt P4 or PS4

Now you have something small that can be a knife or a number of other small useful tools.
>>
>>27798583
http://www.swissarmy.com/us/product/Swiss-Army-Knives/Category/Classics/Classic-SD/53001

No arguments here. Best knife ever. The scissor's spring did break once because I was a dumbfuck but wow 3$ replacement.
If you don't have this knife you are not living life.
>>
>>27798674
If you actually plan to cut ropes then get a partially serrated edge. Otherwise a non-serrated edge is far easier to sharpen and gives more useful surface for cutting.

You might consider a small fixed blade as well. A lot of benefits over folders, and if small enough they're very easily EDC'd.
>>
How would I go about ccing an izula for edc?
>>
>>27798583
Get one of those small Victorinox knives if you want one on your keychain.

Get a bigger knife with a lock if you want an actual decent knife.
>>
>>27798583
Buck Bantam folder with a pocket clip, like $30
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.