[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The fuck is this rifle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
When my grandfather passed it down to me he said it's a captured Mauser, but I don't really see any markings on it besides an R and some serial numbers
>>
File: image.jpg (786 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
786 KB, 3264x2448
>>27796482
The R
>>
>>27796482

From the bolt, safety, and trigger guard yeah, it's a Mauser, the barrel/wood looks odd though
>>
>>27796541
Looks bubba'd
>>
>>27796541

Some fag "sporterized" it and gave it a very shitty paintjob, like the rest 95% of the rifles brought back from war.
tl;dr: it's bubba'd
>>
>>27796482
There is no way to tell if it is a bring back with out the papers.
It kinda looks like a WW1 model. I would bet that it was bought at sear in the day. My grandpa told me how they would have barrels of them in the store for 20 bucks each
>>
>>27796482
What the FUCK happened to the beautiful mauser?!
>>
>>27796567
>>27796685
>>27796547
Yeah, I know. I'm not too happy about the bubba-ing, but if it was military shouldn't there be more shit engraved in it?
>>
>>27796819
It doesn't matter now it looks like shit
>>
>>27796836
Is there any way to un-bubba it?
>>
>>27796871
Yes. But you'll need a new to you stock and something to remove the paint but not the finish. Btw is the barrel octagonal?
>>
>>27796902
No, it's circular
>>
It's a sporterized Spanish Model 1916 short rifle, second pattern. Unless your Grandpa fought for Franco, it wasn't captured.
>>
>>27796482
looks like a spanish mauser based on the bolt shroud, this would have slightly predated the model 98, if it was a capture gun it would have had to have been captured during the spanish american war.
>>
Is that a fake VK 98?
>>
Make sure it wasn't sporterized after ww1. Cause those are worth some green. Bannerman conversions I think.
>>
A bubba'd mauser of some sort
>>
>>27798203
I'm inclined to agree. Has the roller coaster rear sight to go along with what you said.
>>
Judging by the safety and sight I'm goingoing to say some kind of Spanish Mauser. Not a German one.
>>
Mauser sporter?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.