[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how much of the exclusion zone is actually safe to walk through?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: Home Page.jpg (141 KB, 600x565) Image search: [Google]
Home Page.jpg
141 KB, 600x565
So how much of the exclusion zone is actually safe to walk through? How much time and distance could you REALLY get away with if you avoided concentrated pockets of radiation? Is it a mysterious wasteland or just a town liable to kill you without you even knowing until it's too late?
>>
>>27795927
You're more likely to get pegged in the chest by a border guard. They really don't like trespassers in the zone.
>>
Perfectry safe, so long as you do not eat or drink anything from there.
>>
>>27795949
Why? There's nothing there to care about.
>>
No it's not like your vidya gaems, dumbass.

Alpha emitting particles in the dust getting kicked up and inhaled/ingested is one of the big dangers.
>>
>>27796017
>looter moron goes into exclusion zone
>steals some shit
>brings it back
>sells it
>some unsuspecting person gets radiation poisoning because that shit was radioactive
>>
>>27796021
No shit. I'd think wearing basic shit like a particle mask would be a given.
>>
>>27796041
there are things of value there?
>>
>>27796017
It's not a video game faggot, do more research on the exclusion zone before you ask easily solved questions.
>>
>>27796057
An entire city just up and left, taking nothing that couldn't fit into a suitcase.

Of course there's still valuable shit there.

Store windows are still full, car dealerships still have their showroom models.
>>
>>27795927
Blow out soon Stalker.
>>
>>27796084
There has to ammo and firearms somewhere in the zone.
>>
>>27796055
Those don't really help that much, if you've ever worn one while working on anything. Plus those emitters and dust particles get on your shoes and clothes.
>>
I'd be more interested in exploration and photos, really.
>>
>>27796104
Not really. It's not a vidya game, fag.
>>>/v/
>>
cheeki breeki?
where do i get my Kalashnikov xaxaxaaxa
>>
>>27796104
if there was they'd more than likely be unusable
>>
So it's not reasonable to expect to be able to walk around and explore, taking nothing but photos while keeping an eye on ambient radiation levels and avoiding hotspots? Shame.
>>
>>27795927
http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/14/travel/chernobyl-tourism/

Go for it op.
>>
>>27796162
Unless you bought a guided tour ticket, no.
>>
File: 1442591235430.jpg (317 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442591235430.jpg
317 KB, 1920x1080
>>27796017
There's the New Safe Confinement project, and that's just one example of development within the Zone. You people act like the Zone is literally a wasteland that nobody works in.

>>27796041
A while ago, two looters were looking to smuggle an entire Mi-8 helicopter out of one of the vehicle graveyards, supposedly for use as a restaurant. The thing was still quite radioactive, of course.

>>27796152
There's apparently at least two military warehouses within the Zone, both likely under lock and key plus local slav security, of course. Not really worth testing your luck to get some Nugget food if you ask me
>>
>>27796041
>kebab goes into exclusion zone
>steals radioactive waste
>uses it for bomb
>>
>>27799138

CoD4 plz go

The correct reason is the post you replied to. Nobody wants that shit spread around.
>>
>>27797071
>All those slavmobiles sitting there wasting away
I've always wanted a GAZ 66 or a UAZ 452
>>
>>27797071
>You will never get to run around a derelict Soviet military warehouse and find and steal cool stuff
But yeah, after so many decades of just being left to sit there, I doubt anything inside is usable.
>>
>>27796017
Moron
>>
>>27795927

The remaining reactors and site get a lot of terrorist threats. Heavily armed military keeps a close watch over the place. You had better get permission to be there or you could easily die of sudden lead poisoning.

As for the ambient radiation it's a don't care. But inhale a hot particle and your dead.

It's really not a nice place at all.
>>
>>27795927
Well, the place is basically a wildlife sanctuary now. All sorts of Animals roam the place.
>>
>>27795927
eh, probably not as dangerous as you think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcEyavzsyHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq1NwrpcTiY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNeO1tg-9Oc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQNnfWf2CRA

Disclaimer, I heard a while back that she got radiation poisoning while playing with hot particle in the exclusion zone. Never looked into it so , unless you dig, treat that as a rumor.
>>
>>27797071
>Implying I'm not willing to risk my life for some nugget food
>>
>>27795927
they offer guided tours through it
>>
File: TranslinkLada.jpg (66 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
TranslinkLada.jpg
66 KB, 500x280
>>27796084
Gotta get that luxury package.
>>
>>27797071
>There's the New Safe Confinement project, and that's just one example of development within the Zone. You people act like the Zone is literally a wasteland that nobody works in.

not to mention the other 3 reactors at the Chernobyl NPP operated for a number of years after the accident at reactor #4

>reactor #2 was shutdown in 1991 following a fire in the turbine room
>reactor #1 ceased operation in 1996
>reactor #3 was closed in 2000
>>
>>27799215
Nigger, you think surp ammo is gonna go bad for just sitting around? Fucking retard
>>
50,000 people used to live here, and now it's a ghost town
>>
>>27800166
That's a big town
>>
>>27800270
>For you
BANE.JPG
>>
>>27795927
Slightly off topic but here is what you do to clean up the whole place and bring it back to life.

The radiation there is not going to kill you with radiation sickness right away, what it will do is give you cancer after prolonged exposure (20 years is what I heard), so what you do is you get a bunch of people who are over 65 to volunteer to move there, you give them a place to live with free power, water and food, in return they go out each day with a geiger counter, a spade and plastic bags, every time they find a high concentration of radioactivity they dig it out and bag it then it gets taken away for safe disposal, since the radioactivity will take 20 years to kill you, you'll be dead way before it has a chance to get you and you get to spend the last years of your life living in a beautiful wilderness not surrounded by scumbags.
>>
File: 12500.jpg (920 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
12500.jpg
920 KB, 1520x2688
>Not going to the zone armed

The chuckle fucks on vice were able to go and shoot aks and shit at hogs while shit faced from drinking the moment they got to Ukraine
>>
>>27800305
Actually I would be okay with this if I was nearing Death. helping my future children while living out in peace
>>
Has there been any problems with people going stalker in Fukushima?
>>
File: 1443924988271.jpg (351 KB, 800x586) Image search: [Google]
1443924988271.jpg
351 KB, 800x586
>>27799213
It hurts my soul too, comrade. Slavmobiles aren't even that expensive, unarmored military vehicles can be had for $3000+ while civilian vehicles cost $8000+. Importing them to the US is a bitch, though.

>>27799215
I would imagine that there's still a lot of usable stuff inside, it's just decontaminating it and smuggling it out of the Zone in meaningful quantities would be somewhat difficult.

>>27799870
With the way Nugget prices are heading, I'm sure that someone out there is considering heading to the Zone to pick up some radioactive examples for free.

>>27800029
Fuck what the haters say, some of the high-end Ladas were actually pretty nice, albeit aesthetically outdated.

>>27800136
When the Union is crashing down and the Chernobyl plant provides a sizeable portion of your country's electricity, you don't have much of a choice. One of the last cities built in the Soviet Union was a replacement for Pripyat built on the border of the Zone, it enabled plant workers to remain in the area.

>>27800152
This honestly. Sealed Nugget food won't even be contaminated.

>tfw you'll never shoot contaminated ammo through your Obrez to produce a huge radioactive fireball
>tfw you'll never name said Obrez "Hiroshima"

Feels bad, man.

>>27800271
Causing a meltdown with no survivors
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2240x1680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2240x1680
I'm hoping to go to Ukraine and visit Pripyat and a old missle base there this coming summer :)
>>
>>27795927
Let me put it this way. These days, the exclusion zone is pretty much a nature preserve. Mother Nature has reclaimed most of the land, and her creatures are not mutants.
>>
Does anybody else just want to walk through Pripyat while having on a set of comfortable Bose headphones and just listen to this.

https://youtu.be/Ms5gwIiaWv0
>>
>>27796057
not anymore, people already stole all of the silver filters from the gasmasks
>>
I'm pretty sure a Russian religious group lIves there and gets along just fine
>>
You can get some useful information on a bar near Pripyat
>>
>>27803429
Is it safe to rest, eat, drink and find some work there?
>>
>>27796057
dicktons of scrap metal. last i heard it was mostly people going in for scrap and urbexers with a hardon for the holy grail
>>
>>27800305
>>27800316
IIRC a bunch of octogenarian japanese volunteered to help clean up fukushima for that reason
>>
>>27803115
hell no
how am i going to hear the mutant moose running up behind me?
>also CAWADOOTY
>>
Jeremy Clarkson made it through so it can't be that bad. Or maybe he doesn't give a shit because he's already got cirrhosis and lung cancer (probably).
>>
>>27795927
I wouldn't feel comfortable going through those areas by myself unarmed, wild boars are dangerous.
>>
>>27803549

Come on bro, everyone knows COD4 was actually a decent game, the story mode at least. You can't say you didn't enjoy the Chernobyl mission.
>>
>>27803445
Nah, I'd say you'd have better luck at a station over by Yanov. I hear that it can be fun around there.
>>
I remember hearing a story about an old woman that was found living in her original family home close to the reactor. Her family had supposedly lost her in the initial evacuation and she continued to live in the family home. She was only discovered when some soldiers guarding the exclusion zone met her during a routine patrol. She was clearly suffering from the long term effects of prolonged exposure to radiation, her teeth and hair had all gone and her skin was showing signs of necrosis. She never responded to any of the soldiers commands and began advancing towards them. The soldiers panicked and put her down, they say she took 7 rounds to the chest and barely flinched, only dropping with multiple more hits to the chest and head.
After presumably fleeing the soldiers returned the next day to collect the body to find it had gone.
>>
>>27799795
>The remaining reactors and site get a lot of terrorist threats

why
>>
>>27796057
Artifacts, son
>>
>>27796084
>full, car dealerships still have their showroom models.
I agree with you to some extent but seriously? 30+ year old Ladas arnt exactly showroom models, dont forget this was in the USSR not Varosha Cyprus
>>
>>27805804
breddy spoopy 2bh
>>
>>27796084
Oh joy, all them rusty Ladas.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.