[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shooting in Finland
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: rk95.jpg (320 KB, 1078x466) Image search: [Google]
rk95.jpg
320 KB, 1078x466
Hey, any Finnbros online? I've just settled a contract for working in Iso Syote for the upcoming winter. What sort of fun with fun things can a foreigner have in Finland, and is there any paperwork etc. that needs filling out beforehand?
>>
File: range visit fall 2015.jpg (791 KB, 1560x1042) Image search: [Google]
range visit fall 2015.jpg
791 KB, 1560x1042
>>27795226
Finn-fag here. You can go to open ranges with your buddies that own guns, as long as they take the responsibility and watch the show.

The paid indoor ranges / shooting clubs pretty much just require you to pay a fee, and you get to blast with their guns.

If you start practicing some actual gun sport, like the Practical (3 gun), Reservist shooting, etc, you usually need to pay the membership fee, and you get to use the team's / club's firearms. You can apply for your own semi-autos for sport use after 2 years of active, proven membership. Funnily enough, semiauto hunting weapons (that can include AKs and ARs), are faster to acquire and may be used in sports too.
>>
>>27795226
You have to figure out if there are ranges near the place and then figure out if they have rental guns. If they don't, you're going to need some finn hasguns to bring you along.

You could try asking ylilauta/jorma whether there are any ranges around there. Sometimes they don't even have a website.
>>
>>27795633
Um Finn friend. Do they sell civ version of rk95 in your local fun store?
>>
>>27796062
Hah, you wish. I paid 2k eur for mine, and I lucked out, because she's in great condition. Expect to spend time searching and to pay a lot if you find one.
>>
File: muh Norinco 56S.jpg (502 KB, 1632x847) Image search: [Google]
muh Norinco 56S.jpg
502 KB, 1632x847
>>27796062
In some, yes.
It's usually the civvies trying to sell their old Sako they once bought to new guys. When I got my semiauto 7.62x39 license and put up a notice that I'm buying such rifles, I got 3 different offers. Shame I didn't have 1.5k € to shell, so I instead opted to go with cheap Norinco 56S instead.
>>
File: huntingswiss.jpg (86 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
huntingswiss.jpg
86 KB, 720x540
>>27795633
>>27796008

Thanks for the input. What about hunting? Are there any winter permits for non-citizens?
>>
http://www.tori.fi/pohjanmaa/Sako_M92_22731335.htm?ca=5&w=1

Found this after digging a bit. Will probably sell in a week.
>>27796169
That's actually a good question, I don't know if they give out permits to foreigners. Let me dig in some legalese for a bit and see if I can figure it out.
>>
File: hunting with Vepr 2015.jpg (707 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
hunting with Vepr 2015.jpg
707 KB, 1224x1632
>>27796169
You need to pass a written "hunter's exam" in order to get permission to hunt in Finland. After that, you need to pay the "game management fee" once every 12 months in order to keep your permission up, and carry a proof that you've paid this. Usually it's the official slip that you get with the local Hunting magazine, Metsästys, with your bank's stamp on it, but there's digital methods nowadays too.

To hunt the big game (Moose, Bear), you need to also complete a shooting test: 4 shots, 90 seconds, and all shots need to hit this sure-kill area of around 20cm diameter on the cut-out target at 75m. You pass that with your rifle, and you get rights to hunt said animals for 3 years at the time.

Dunno how the laws apply to foreigners though, but at least EU citizens are free to move and hunt on each other's lands, as long as you take care of the paper work. You could always just walk into a cop station and ask a clerk there to instruct you.
>>
>>27796200
>>27796169
I'm not seeing any mention about citizenship being a requirement in the lawtext. It should follow that any foreigner fulfilling the requirements should be eligible.
>>
>>27796169

http://riista.fi/en/hunting/services-for-hunters/frequently-asked-questions/
>>
>>27796062

Sako stopped making the M92S (semi-auto RK95) in the late 1990's and used rifles go for >2000 Euros.
>>
>>27796169
http://riista.fi/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Suomi_riistamaana_en_2013.pdf
>>
File: 7,62_RK_95_TP.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1728) Image search: [Google]
7,62_RK_95_TP.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1728
Suomi mainittu!

Posting the best AK-like gun, ever.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.