[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally had enough scratch to get an AR /k/ommandos. A Ruger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 8500-1-Mt92d8ha1p5g-660x354[1].jpg (23 KB, 660x354) Image search: [Google]
8500-1-Mt92d8ha1p5g-660x354[1].jpg
23 KB, 660x354
Finally had enough scratch to get an AR /k/ommandos. A Ruger, quad rail, Explore 4X32mm CONE GEN 2, and a bipod/foregrip for $823 after tax. So how did I do? Decent, or did I jump the gun a little?

Specs here: http://www.ruger.com/products/ar556/specSheets/8500.html

Ignore the pricing info, that's gotta be some bullshit:
http://www.exploreoptics.com/docs/2scopes13.pdf
>>
>>27795114
Could've built one with higher quality important parts for ~$1000, but /k/ would chastise you for not buying a $1500 DD that doesn't shoot any better. Only parts that affect the function of an AR are the barrel, upper receiver, bcg, and buffer assembly. Rest is preference.
>>
You did good /k/omrade. You did good.
>>
You dun goofed, all a bunch of 2nd rate shit parts
>>
I just bought a Ruger AR556, it's pretty good for a $650 AR, although it is my first
>>
For that price? Could have had an MOE-fitted Colt 6920 or 6720, or a nice PSA setup were that more your speed.
>>
>>27795217
while i agree about assembling your own, not everyone has the tools or desire to do such a thing.
plus he gets a factory warranty and in theory better resale value should the need arise (of course the AR market is so saturated right now, value is a crapshoot).
>>
Sounds like a decent start, except the optic which I have never heard of so could not comment on.
>>
File: Kornheiser_Why.jpg (23 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
Kornheiser_Why.jpg
23 KB, 288x499
>Ruger

Nice job idiot
>>
>>27795114
>Ruger AR15

Why do people do this?
>>
Damn, looks like I didn't do as well as I thought. Maybe I should have gotten the Sig, though I wouldn't have been able to afford any toys. Hell, I can barely afford ammo and cleaning gear. It'll probably be a couple months before I get to shoot it. Still, I appreciate the feedback guys.
>>
>>27796211
Eh, you didn't buy a DMPS/Bushmaster/PTAC at least. A friend of mine paid $2k for a shit-tier Bushmaster at the height of the scare before realizing his folly and selling it for a loss.
>>
>>27796211
i think the key thing to keep in mind is you got a new gun and you like it. dont let negative nancys ruin a good day for you.
>>
>>27796211
>oh no I paid a little more than I ought to have
>to think I will have wasted the product of a day's labor
>that is even more time than I've wasted posting on a Taiwainese tripfag twitterzone--oh wait
>>
File: igg6Ojm[1].jpg (92 KB, 720x547) Image search: [Google]
igg6Ojm[1].jpg
92 KB, 720x547
>>27796262
The cheapskate in me almost made me get a Bushmaster or one the bottom of the line S&W, but I tried to shoot for a little more.

>>27796304
Man, I really do love it. I know it's not the top of the line, but every time I look at the thing I get excited.
>>
File: AmericanDad_09_Roger_v1F.jpg (9 KB, 310x409) Image search: [Google]
AmericanDad_09_Roger_v1F.jpg
9 KB, 310x409
>>27795114
Cool so you got a low end AR from ruger with a bunch of shit slapped on it.

Could have gotten a CHF chrome lined AR rifle kit from PSA or a BCM upper + lower build kit.
>>
>>27796445
>but every time I look at the thing I get excited
we all know that feeling dude. congrats.
have you shot it yet?
>>
>>27796461
CHF is literally meme production. It does nothing of note over button-barrel rifles other than be cheaper for the manufacturer and sound cool so plebs pay an extra $50 or so for it.
>>
>>27796463
Nope, and it's going to be a little bit.
I have to clean all of the factory lubes off it and get a few more cleaning tools for after I shoot it.
Then I have to get some ammo and see if a particular family friend will let me use their land to shoot.
Probably be a month or two before I get to. Great time of year for it though.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.