[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Se/k/ret Santa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: a02_26425191.jpg (204 KB, 990x659) Image search: [Google]
a02_26425191.jpg
204 KB, 990x659
Let's try this again.
Last thread was to early to get any traction and I know it's still early, but it'll be more organized if we start now. If the guy who hosted it last year is still here and wants to do it that would be great, otherwise I could host it. Just need to know what's going on.
Figured we'd do it similar to last year where you submit your price ceiling and what you want and you're matched with with two people (someone sending to you and you sending to someone) that are in the same price range. You'll be given your matches address and wish list and go from there.
>>
>>27792822
Unless you have a VERY clear idea of how this works and previous history of not being a shit just mail the metallurgist about if he's up for it again and if he isn't make an official passing of the torch.
>>
Is /k/ secret santa usually better than /out/'s?
I tried it over there a couple years ago and ended up sending hundreds worth of shit to get pretty much nothing.

Feggits.
>>
>>27792860
I forgot who did it last year so thanks for reminding me. Do you have his email? I don't have it saved in my contacts for some reason.
>>
>>27792915
Last year was great
/out/ is slow as fuck, I'm surprised you got anything.
>>
>>27792822
Im up for it...but i garentee, poorfags will try their hardest to get free/almost free shit

>>27792915
This
>>
>>27792915
>>27792944
It worked out well last time with everyone else getting the people who didn't get anything, which was like 4 out of 50-something.

Main issue was the last minuteness of it leading to me getting a bong and having to deal with a UK company who were complete twats so it lead to his gift being a couple weeks late.

Better planning should fix it and I have emailed him because I don't think he knows about these threads.
>>
I'd do it again. Just try and get the list from metallurgist if hes not doing it and match up senders from last year first. I actually got some pretty neat stuff but both parts of mine were late (thanks PSA). Having this organized by black friday would be pretty sweet for people like me who dont really have specifics.
>>
File: 1437100330617.jpg (59 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1437100330617.jpg
59 KB, 490x490
Are syrupniggers allowed?
>>
>>27793051
Got his email? I'll shoot him one too
>>27793066
Before black Friday would be ideal
>>27793083
If bongs were then I'm sure you are
>>
>>27793115
Eh, two guys already sent him emails, no real point in flooding him unless he starts recruiting for replacements.
>>
>tfw my overpowering sense of paranoia prevents me from sending in my name and address so I'll never get a bottle of jizz in the mail or whatever you fags send out

Seriously, how can you guys NOT think this is a plot by the government to collect names and addresses of possible "subversives"?
>>
>>27793592
By not being a newfag/delusional /pol/tard.
>>
>>27793603

Hey! I'm not new.
>>
>>27793592
What the Fuck are they gonna do with the names?
>>
>>27792822
bump
>>
I'm down for participating this year. I missed out last year because of being out of the country.
>>
>>27795206
>terrorist detected

Yes please, send the NSA and the ATF your details. I mean secret santa.
>>
>>27795276
If they wanted your details they would have them, where did this even come from?
>>
File: christmas card 10.1.jpg (360 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
christmas card 10.1.jpg
360 KB, 1224x1632
>>27792822
I was actually going to post a thread about this in a week or two. I don't believe The Metalurgist will be participating again this year. Last I heard from him, he was working 12 hour shifts 6 days a week. Though I do intend to help coordinate again this year. Email me if you're interested.

[email protected]

>>27792915
>Is /k/ secret santa usually better than /out/'s?

Yeah, it went really well. I mailed out a /k/ristmas card to everyone on the list and gave them all a /k/ Radio sticker and other stuff. Also, my Se/k/ret Santa sent me Russian Beer and a book on Knife fighting, I was pretty amused and happy with my gift lol.

>>27793051
Pretty much this.

>>27793592
>Seriously, how can you guys NOT think this is a plot by the government to collect names and addresses of possible "subversives"?

If they wanted your address they'd just look up your IP through your Service Provider. I assure you neither The Mettalurgist nor I worked with the Feds to data mine your addresses.
>>
>>27796659
If you're running it I would be in for a few names in case there are more than you can match Captain. IIRC there are diffent gift price catagories and such?
>>
>>27796659
you need to do something like lootcrate (Google it) I'd get behind a monthly or bi monthly thing like that if its reasonable
>>
>>27795276
You made me kek so hard I spit water out my nose. Do you really think DHS doesn't have a file with everythuing they want to know about you already? Oh hunny, you gave me such a giggle.
>>
>>27796837
That would be very kind of you. I'll probably set up different brackets like we did last time.

>>27796841
That's a good idea, thank you.
>>
>>27796841
>>27797316

If you do it, just do it better than IV8888's man can. Those things fucking suck and you never get your moneys worth out of them. Just a bunch of stickers and shit with IV8888 on it, some soap and a fucking t-shirt.
>>
>>27797390
Honestly not a great idea, just the nature of them means it's near impossible to please people because it's either a couple of nice things that people interested in stuff like that probably already have or a bunch of cheap shit like stickers and the such that fill space and are kind of useless.

Just making a batch thing like his Operator's Kit where you get exactly what you want for a price that is otherwise lower than bought separately is better.

A good reference is Ashen's vids on Loot Crates, probably one of the few people that actually tell it like it is regarding it.
>>
I had a great time doing this last year and hope it can be done this year.

Its things like this that make this board one of the best in my opinion
>>
>>27798397
Yep,/k/ is def one of the very best board s on the chan.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.