[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I live in kekifornia, specicially LA. I'm applying for my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: printing-featured[1].jpg (157 KB, 1140x490) Image search: [Google]
printing-featured[1].jpg
157 KB, 1140x490
I live in kekifornia, specicially LA. I'm applying for my ccw permit.
I have to choose 3 guns I would like to carry. Problem is, my only handguns are a 92fs, 1911, and some revolvers. Not really the best ccws. I don't want to buy any small guns for concealed carry on the (good) chance that my application is denied if Peruta doesn't go well, because I would have basically no use for them at that point.
Wut do?
>>
>>27789665
Get a smaller gun.

Wear looser shirts.

Get that deep concealment holster that people were talking about not to long ago.
>>
>>27789665

>LA County

You're fucked, get a pocket gun anyway because why not
>>
>>27789689
if Peruta vs SD goes favorably, self defense will be a good enough reason to apply for a ccw.
I wouldn't have any purpose for a pocket gun if I can't get a ccw though.
>>27789687
the urban carry holster? I was looking into them, I still feel like a full sized handgun wouldn't be ideal for concealed carry, even with one of those.
>>
>>27789665
You can add guns later in the process up here in Sacramento. Maybe LA is the same?
>>
>>27789722
>I wouldn't have any purpose for a pocket gun if I can't get a ccw though.
The fuck are you even rambling about?
>>
Imo
>92fs magazine capacity+lowest kick
>1911 magazine capacity over revolver+badass appeal
>highest caliber revolver muh stopping power
To be honest a pocket gun in 9mm would be best imo, but sure, if you think you mightn't get the permit and don't want a pocket gun don't buy one
>>
>>27789665

...have you considered buying a pocket gun only after you get approved?
>>
Lol what? You have to write down ONE gun you wanna CC when applying for a licence in Los Kekeles????????

How does that work out in practice? Do you have a guns name printed into your licence and if you get caught carrying another (cali legal) gun, you are fucked???
>>
>>27790178
Yes, here in California there are three spaces on the back of your CCW card for your carry gun's make, model, and SN. If you're caught carrying even the same model gun but with a different SN it's the same as carrying without a CCW.
>>
>>27790201
Whoops that reads wrong. I meant to say that there are spaces for three guns, with a make/model/SN for each.

Here in Sacramento you can start the process without any guns listed but you'd better have them down before the range portions because it's a bit of a pain to add guns (actually last I checked you couldn't add guns because there's already too many applicants just waiting to get their CCW.)
>>
>>27790213
>>27790201
Lohohohohooolll, wow shit mang. California sure is a fucking hellhole but this is the icing on the antigunner cake.
>>
>>27790201
Looks like even though not ideal, your choice is easy:

Carry one of the guns you currently have.
or
Get one you want to carry.

If you go with the second option, worst case scenario you have another gun, big deal.

>>27789687
>Get that deep concealment holster

Don't do this. The underwear/bellyband type of holsters are fine for smuggling things outside your anus, but they aren't carry holsters.
>>
>>27790241
Another comical thing to think about is that issuance of CCW permits varies greatly between counties, but the permits are good for the whole state (thank Allah). This means whenever I go to LA or SF I'm carrying legally, while practically none of the locals are allowed to.
>>
>>27790263
http://www.placer.ca.gov/departments/sheriff/concealed-weapon-permits/permit-restrictions

still a lot of restrictions though
>>
Of the three the 1911 is probably best for carry. Slim single-stack profile, yo.
>>
>>27790177
You need to list 3 guns and their serial numbers when you're filling out the application.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.