[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Form 1 Bullshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 2
File: atf.png (116 KB, 352x309) Image search: [Google]
atf.png
116 KB, 352x309
I'm at just over 4 months now waiting on a Form 1 to be approved. What in the fuck? What are these retards checking exactly? I want to know what additional checks they do beyond what NICS does. I have a CCW permit here in GA and walk out with a gun anytime I buy one, same day. So what the fuck is the ATF actually doing other than wasting my fucking time? Does anyone know why this process is so slow and stupid?
>>
>>27785674
>4 months waited
>NFA
>complaining
nigger get patient, I waited 10 months for my first Form 4.

Also, please input your dates into NFAtracker when you get your stamp.
>>
>>27785717
saying you waited longer doesn't explain why there is a multi-month wait in the first place kiddo
>>
>>27785717
I will. I've been watching it to see if anyone else who filed on 07/01 has gotten their back and the trend line says no.

Just because you waited doesn't mean any of us should. What takes then so long? What are they doing? Why does a NICS check take 10 minutes while this takes months? This is bullshit.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 454x588) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 454x588
>>27785674
My wait period says 6 months.
>>
Went 4.5 months just to get disapproved because their site screwed up and reversed the order of my address
>>
You're not in WA are you?

Because just so you know that's to our retarded legislature and the way our SBR law is written the ATF is rejecting form 1's (not sure how long it takes to get rejected though... If it happens when they see right away you're in Washington or what) from individuals.

Seems like SSOT's can still build you the rifle. As it stands individuals cannot.

There is however some talk that will turn into traction quick enough to get this amended, along with turning over Seattle ammo tax and eventual termination of 594... Last part will be awhile though.
>>
>>27785780
The explanation for the multi month wait has to do with the fact that the ATF's NFA paperwork department consists of no more than a few dozen people for the entire country.

Also from what I gather (could be bullshit) 99 percent of the wait time is double/triple checking your paperwork just to make sure it's all filled out right then nothing more than your basic NICS check at the end
>>
>Submitted 7/13
>Nothing yet
All so I can actually make this AR pistol larger and less concealable by adding a stock.
>>
>>27785859
Well that's retarded. I'm looking at the Form 1 right now on their site and it's 14 filled in boxes. How hard is that to check? They are infringing my rights. I'm going to speak to my lawyer about it I think. This whole bullshit wait time is putting me off of getting a suppressor so in effect they are making it so painful to exercise my rights I may as well not have them. Fuck the ATF.
>>
>>27785839
>Seattle ammo tax and eventual termination of 594
If you can't roll the stone back the other way, we are all looking at a very grim future. The regulatory mafia never retreats willingly.
>>
>>27785674
About a week shy of 3 months here. Did you file as individual or trust?

Current NFA Tracker trends show overall trending towards just under 4 but that's just a trend, absolute.
>>
>>27785986
Trust on 07/01 for a CZ scorpion evo.
>>
>>27785717
do you think thats ok? you should be pissed too!
>>
Why the fuck does anyone actually do any of this shit.

I guess you can be worried about public ranges but Ive never seen a spook at mine.

Its amazing to me that people jump through these imaginary bullshit hoops
>>
>>27786043
they do it because God is always watching
>>
>>27786043
Sovereign citizen detected
>>
>>27785674
> Does anyone know why this process is so slow and stupid?

They have 9 employees.
>>
>>27786043
do annoying forms and wait:

Have the government think about going up your ass to check your teeth then charge you for the "service"

Pick one.
>>
>>27786062

The govt is god to many people

>>27786065

The govt is bullshit but i dont use anything i havent paid for, through taxes or otherwise

>>27786074

Youre being keked for absolutely no reason. paying an imaginary entity 200 dollars so you can modify your own belongings and then waiting several months is tantamount to bending over a barrel with your cheetah print yoga pants around your ankles.
>>
>>27786116

keked=keked

my phone is trying to learn memese, pls no bully
>>
>>27786069
Uh what? The have around 5000. Obviously not every one of them is working on forms but still
>>
>>27786136

WORD FILTERS ARE BACK
>>
>>27785839
The Seattle ammo tax isn't even legal. They don't have to overturn it
>>
>>27786155
also "t/bh" and "f/am" are as well
>>
>>27786002
I would blow Obama for a fully automatic scorpion evo
>>
>>27786189

kekold desu senpai baka
>>
>>27786217
kek kekold keked baka desu senpai
>>
>>27785674
suppressors, machine guns, short barreled shotguns, short barreled rifles, aows, and destructive devices all go somewhere on an NFA list.

this includes everything thats civvie legal and all the stuff thats not too.

so everytime your local PD buys and uses a fucking flashbang, its entered and then removed from the list in a long tedious process of retarded paperwork.

all the prototypes and all the non transferrable samples and all the export guns and all the fucking NFA shit that all the manufacturers produce all has to be accounted for and there are 12 people in the entire fucking country, doing all the fucking paperwork ON FUCKING PAPER, by hand.

thats why this shit takes a fucking year.
>>
>>27785780
Because they want it to take that long.
>>
>>27786138
They had 4,803 employees as of February, 1,533 of which are not field agents or are employed in non-investigative roles. The number of people they have examining the forms is between 30 and 50. That part of the agency could be crippled by bad weather, a faulty water cooler or someone breaking wind aggressively in the office.
>>
>>27786285
Smh desu senpai
>>
>>27785945
>Well that's retarded
Welcome to the Federal Government.
>>
>>27785674
>getting kekstamps to begin with
>>
>>27786383
It's nice to have a short gun or a machinegun without risking prison rape.
>>
>>27786402
>giving $200 to the enemy of civilian 2A rights just to cosplay as government goons
>>
>>27786138
Nope, they basically just have a handful working on forms for the whole nation. And every fucking form has to get done through them. Dealer to dealer. SOT stuff. Individual, Trust, LLC.

Basically, they should just pay a bunch of ex-Amazon employees to build the electronic system for them instead and at least that way you could do things like verify everything's in the right format, the credit card info is valid, compare it against other forms if that matters to them, etc.

Once a year I submit taxes and get that shit done electronically, with returns coming back in under 4 weeks. Not that fucking hard ATF.
>>
>>27786415
Or I want to shoot a machinegun because it's fun.

200 one time is very little compared to what they steal through income tax every year.

And lets face it, I'd probably be on a bunch of watchlists already for disliking the government, liking guns, etc, what does one more do?
>>
>>27786285
You forgot about SJW
>>
>>27786402

you already let the feds tenderly explore your juicy boypussy

your anal integrity is already compromised.
>>
>>27786705
I'd rather have figurative cock in my ass than literal cock in my ass.

And also not being a literal slave in prison
>>
>>27786705
If you want to shoot a big load, file your form 1s.
If tou want to swallow a big load, dont.
>>
>>27786189
And Sierra Juliet whiskeys

Sjw
>>
>>27786833
Did they turn off sjw?

test sjw
>>
>>27786764

>pay taxes on everything
>pay extra taxes to modify something you payed sales tax on with whats left of your taxed income
>go to prison
>suddenly now more a slave then you were before

ok
>>
>>27786840
Guess they did. On Halloween they were spooky scary skeletons
>>
>>27786840

social justice warrior
>>
>>27786290
OP here and thank you. That actually makes some sense even though NFA makes no sense. Appreciate the insight.
>>
OP again. For all you noguns faggots saying paying a tax stamp is stupid let's see your NFA shit please. $200 is nothing, I pay more for gun lights. I'd rather not go to jail because I have a life and family and friends and I don't commit felonies just because I don't like the rules. Instead of being little edgelord faggots why don't you do something about the laws? I belong to a gun rights group, pay dues and attend meetings/volunteer at events. GA Carry is the groups name if anyone interested and they do good work to fight for our rights. Do your part. That doesn't mean calling people who go through the bullshit process names on the internet.
>>
>>27786608
>I already give a bunch of money to the government
>might as well give them even more
>>
>>27786840
jews did wtc desu senpai
>>
Tbh senpai kek kek sjw vatnik
>>
>>27786952

Pipe down, piss drinker.
>>
>>27785674
I just got my SBS stamp this week. Submitted the efile in june. At least the website is back up.
>>
>>27785780
>doesn't explain why there is a multi-month wait in the first place kiddo
Dumb niggers like you who fuck up their forms and call every week to check the status are why it takes so long.
>>
>>27787212
Or if you read the thread, and had any actual knowledge of this, it's more because there's literally only a handful of people who handle NFA paperwork for the entire nation.
Yes, all of it, every single form for civilians, every form for SOTs, every form for LEO, every form for Military, it's all handled by just a few persons, for a nation of 300 000 000 people.

Like the system is set up now, it'll simply take between 4 to 18 months for a form to be approved. For most it takes between 9 to 12 months on average.
Once, one of the handlers was off on maternity leave and the process slowed down even more.

The NFA process is slow because the system is dogshit, that's the entire reason.
Just putting 10 more people on NFA paperwork duty would do a lot to speed things up, but no, that's bad, can't make these things more available. I mean, I'd dream to see it destroyed, but I could settle for just having the process streamlined and handled more efficiently.
>>
>>27787462
>Or if you read the thread, and had any actual knowledge of this, it's more because there's literally only a handful of people who handle NFA paperwork for the entire nation.
I know plenty about it, and it looks like more than most who have posted so far. In February, an ATF seminar I attended put the following timelines on forms:
>form 1
6 months

>form 2
1 month

>form 3
2 months

>form 4
6 months

At that time they had hoped to reduce the backlog significantly through the course of this year, and seeing that wait times are currently 4 to 8 months for forms 1 and 4, it would seem they are succeeding. In recent months, contractors have been brought in to further reduce the backlog, with the final approval done by the actual examiners (Nicki Dudash has always been the most helpful when I've needed something rushed).

The most common errors on NFA forms are: missing signatures; missing trust documents, finger prints, photos, etc; expired FFL numbers, incorrect barrel/overall lengths; incorrect serial numbers. Double and triple check your forms if you want to minimize the wait. Also be sure you are using the current form as some of the fillable PDFs out there are outdated.

Just remember that every commercially manufactured NFA item will take 3 submitted forms, on average, before it is with the final owner. That's a lot of paperwork that has to physically change hands.

The new e-form system for forms 3 and 4 is still being worked on, and oh how I hope it's done soon. Eforms were awesome. And incessant status checking does take time from people who handle the forms.
>>
If there is one thing the ATF gets right, it's website design

The Atf's website is the best federal website ever

It's perfect
>>
>>27787898
>In recent months, contractors have been brought in to further reduce the backlog, with the final approval done by the actual examiners
I want a citation on that.
>>
>>27788125
I could screencap my emails but I'd rather not.
>>
>>27787950

>expected a complete clusterfuck
>found it bretty gud

ATF.com was better than expected
>>
>>27787950
I have to agree with you there. It works. Not only does it work but it is fairly simple and easy to use as well.

I am just waiting around to make my PS90 look right.
>>
>>27785674
>Does anyone know why this process is so slow and stupid?
because MUH FREEDUMBS and USA USA USA, fatty.
>>
I heard somewhere that there is only around ten NFA examiners or some rediculously small amount, and they get filed a couple thousand NFA transfers a month, so they have to take a certain amount of time and it takes longer in some states than in others. I don't know if it takes longer or shorter in states with higher transfer rates, but I do know that I've heard waiting times as short as three months in louisiana and as long as eighteen months in dakota. it basically comes down to a staffing issue, they DO have some extra investigation, but you get a full background investigation pretty quick, the examiners just take forever to get to your paperwork because there are so few of them, and it would probably be disadvantagious in of establishment republicans and democrats to add any because they have no interest in the rights of the citizenry and would rather have the NFA examinations take soooooo fucking long to process in order to restrict the market supply and flow of legal NFA items that can't be legally confiscated without just and probable cause or due process, be them new manufacture, or old items being traded among collectors or users such as machine guns or SBR's.
>>
I waited 22 months.

4 is nothing.

The problem is that an office of 20 people is doing hundreds of thousands of applications.
>>
>>27786290
They're probably INTENTIONALLY keeping the number of employees handling NFA paperwork low, in order to drastically inflate wait times for civilian shooters.

Either way, this doesn't sound right, especially in 2015.
>>
>>27789151
IT'S
>>
>>27789151
>Either way, this doesn't sound right, especially in 2015.
All the paperwork is true, even about flash bangs, but there are more than 12 people handling it.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.