[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Private Military Contractors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8
File: mk82.jpg (23 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
mk82.jpg
23 KB, 600x450
So /k/, I'm about to have an interview with a PMC. If I get the job, I'll be doing what I did while active duty, which is the shipping, receiving, and storage of weapons. Does anyone here have experience working with a PMC? They've laid the benefits and shit out pretty clearly, but I'm more curious as to the overall lifestyle.
>>
watch out for Snakes
>>
File: JDAM.jpg (1 MB, 4032x4000) Image search: [Google]
JDAM.jpg
1 MB, 4032x4000
bumping with munitions
>>
File: 105mm rounds 2.jpg (104 KB, 696x1191) Image search: [Google]
105mm rounds 2.jpg
104 KB, 696x1191
>>
File: 40mm.jpg (10 KB, 191x350) Image search: [Google]
40mm.jpg
10 KB, 191x350
>>
File: AGM65.jpg (6 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
AGM65.jpg
6 KB, 251x201
>>
File: AIM-9x.jpg (31 KB, 768x605) Image search: [Google]
AIM-9x.jpg
31 KB, 768x605
>>
File: ammo.jpg (4 KB, 188x188) Image search: [Google]
ammo.jpg
4 KB, 188x188
So, nobody? Not even some 2W0 troops that wanna chime in? Man, I'm disappointed.
>>
>>27785697
http://www.deathvalleymag.com/2014/01/07/civilian-contractors-the-little-try-to-f-me-over-now-black-book/

http://www.deathvalleymag.com/2014/10/01/civilian-contractors-newbies-respect-and-the-contractor-circle-of-trust/
>>
Just curious

But would it be possible to get a job as say an armorer or something for a PMC with no military experience?

Might be cool to work their POG side of things if it were possible. Probably decent money (??) get to travel and such. Could be a decent way to make a nice chunk of change before I have a wife and kids and responsibilities like a mortgage and shit. Maybe even pay off my student loans.

Hell, I am an accounting major. May be the same as any other accounting job, then again could see some cooler locales or at least meet some more interesting people working at Academi or Triple Canopy or some shit

TLDR how do I into PMC POG job as a civilian
>>
>>27786001
That's good info, thanks.
>>
Don't get Fultoned
>>
>>27786201
Do your research and apply with the companies that are out there. I'd suggest starting with Dyncorp, seeing as that they are one of the largest out there.

Second of all, it helps to know people that are already in the industry. I found out about this potential job from a guy that I had served with in the Air Force. He let me use him as a referral, and boom, like a week and a half later, I've got the interview lined up.
>>
>>27786282
>tfw only people I know in military are grunts

... Actually, you know what come to think of it I do know a former Lt. Colonel. Retired, but does some side work as an auditor of sorts for different supply contractors for various Army shit.

Maybe I will shoot him an email or ask him next time I see him. Only problem is all these goddamn contractors are on the East Coast and I am in WA... And fuck Virginia.

We'll see.
>>
>>27786276
Th..Thanks Boss!
>>
>>27786335
Dude, go where the money's at. If I get this job, I'm going to Qatar, Al Udeid Air Base. I didn't give it a single thought. I'm like you, no wife, no kids, no real responsibilities.
>>
>>27786399
Enjoy the Man stew, qatar is 120+ in the summer.
>>
>>27786399
True true...

suppose I actually have to get offered the job first to think about why I wouldn't take it.

It'd be one thing to go to Qatar or South Africa for 6 months at a time or something but long term accounting job in Reston, VA compared to an accounting job in a town I actually like doesn't sound nearly as appealing ya know?

Still gonna talk to that Lt. Colonel though
>>
>>27785599
Beards and ponytails.

Company Polos.

Leaving safety wire everywhere and telling AF QA to eat dicks.

Fit tests that involve treadmills.

's all good.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-03-21-49-58.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-03-21-49-58.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>27785697
Bruh get checked
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.