[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Welp /k/, My guns were just stolen from my mom's house.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: fudd guns.jpg (723 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
fudd guns.jpg
723 KB, 3264x2448
Welp /k/, My guns were just stolen from my mom's house. Does anyone have a clue what they are/they're worth? Honestly theyre my dad's guns and I never really paid attention to the brands.
Left-Marlin .243, a 7mm, unknown brand
Top to bottom-Rem 1187, 30-06 unknown brand, Pump action 12 ga from 1906, 12 ga O/U from the 70s, 28 ga O/U, 20 ga O/U
Minus the 2 pistols, those are with me.
Fuck niggers/ rednecks, cause they stole my mom's truck too
>>
>>27785548
Call around to nearby pawnshops.
Chances are these people are fucking dumb and will try to pawn them immediately for drug money
>>
>>27785562
will do, I dont have the serial numbers, but I'll try
>>
>>27785584
You have pictures... Simply give them the pictures and say "yeah if you see one of these in here, its time to call the police"
>>
>>27785627
yeah, thats what id figured id do. thanks
>>
>OP doesn't realize his mom hocked the guns...
>>
>>27785667
It is illegal for them to buy guns that are stolen, usually they go off the assumption that if they havent seen any warnings and the person selling it hasn't set off any red flags then they'll go ahead with the sale.

You just need to let them know the Make/Model of every gun that was taken and provide the pictures, and instruct them to call you and the police if they turn up.

If they decide to sell the stolen guns private sale then you're totally fucked, unfortunately because no one will assume they are stolen.
>>
>>27785548
Your mom sold them for meth
>>
>>27785734
mom's out of town, sister found the house, but I wouldnt put it past her
>>
>AND the truck...
>>
>>27785548

The Stevens 520 is worth around $200, maybe $250 in that good of shape.

Luckily for you, you have a decent chance of recovering them. Especially the O/U shotguns. Those will stick out like a sore thumb.

>>27785584

Should always write that shit down.

Also, if your state has a classifieds website, check there. They might try to private sale the, and hunting season right now makes most of your guns very popular.
>>
>>27785584
It's worth keeping a ledger with that stuff honestly.

Like just a little list, basic little notebook, each page has a chart where you list the gun, the serial number and some of it's characteristics,

>Stevens shotgun, bought/acquired somewhere around this date
>i paid this much for it
>these are things that are changed/different from the factory gun, if applicable
>this is the serial number
>chambered for this
>the trigger is this nice/average/terrible
>general appearance, the barrel is this long, the finish is blued/polished/parkerized/whatever
>>
File: putihmback.gif (4 MB, 300x242) Image search: [Google]
putihmback.gif
4 MB, 300x242
buy another gun and start f5ing craigslist
>>
>>27786655
yeah, from now on I will do this
>>
>>27785548
first figure out how much home owners insurance will cover gun loss (its treated differently then 'normal' items and will have a limit unless you buy extra.). then get as close to that number as you can get. find your guns, scopes, ammo, mags etc at the most ridiculously high prices you can find and go with that number. the insurance guy might contact you but as long as you have pictures and links with those pictures they wont put up a fight. I has some items stolen around 2012. I just found the highest prices I could. Glass, just made that up when I couldnt remember exact models. I had a lion skin stolen, found a guy selling a lion skin for 3k, so thats the price they paid me. I had never actually sold a cellphone and kept my families and had few fairly recent ones stolen. Sure, someone paid 200 bucks with a contract for them but to replace them all I would need to pay full retail. Aside from the few sentimental things that were stolen I made a killing on that robbery.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.