[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/. I leave for Fort Benning in 6 days for infantry OSUT.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 16
File: Drill_Sergeant.jpg (634 KB, 1200x795) Image search: [Google]
Drill_Sergeant.jpg
634 KB, 1200x795
Hey /k/. I leave for Fort Benning in 6 days for infantry OSUT. any of you guys here been through it and can give me some advice? Or funny stories? Appreciate it. Oh, it should also be noted that I'm in the Indiana national guard
>>
>>27783350
It's not as bad as you are imagining it will be.
Don't quit anything
Don't be first, don't be last.
Suck it up and drive on.
>>
>>27783404
Thank you!
>>
>>27783350
Came here to say this >>27783404
Not quitting is the most important.
>>
>>27783350
lol his name is diggles

It's only a few months, it'll be over before you know it. Keep your locker neat and organized, make sure you lock it.

Try not to get pissed of at the guys you're with, although that'll happen pretty much no matter what.
>>
>>27783430
From them fucking up or just being annoying
>>
>>27783350

Shut the fuck up.

Do as you're told.

Don't be first.

Don't be last.

Don't shit out on anything.

Save your basic Training stories for yourself when you get to your unit. Your twice deployed Team Leader, thrice deployed Squad Leader, and your PSG looking at his fifth deployment don't want to hear it.
>>
>>27783477
Both

Sometimes both at the same time
>>
If you wanna make a name for yourself wait until your DI isnt looking and slap the brim of his hat so it goes down over his face. Its an old ass prank and if you do it they will know you are in the know and it will make life easier.

You can do the same thing in field exercises with your helmet. Just get behind him and really smash the fuck out of the top of his kevlar with yours while you scream "TURTLES FUCKIN".
>>
youre gay

you dont know what to say

your gay
>>
>>27783532
this
>>
File: 1443497616962.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1443497616962.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>27783350
>diggles
>>
>>27783350
So you realized that /b/ is full of newfags and ram of to ask /k/?
>>
>>27783706
Yep
>>
>>27783412
No problem. Report back with your own stories after you turn blue.
>>
>>27783581
They made that guy a DS on purpose because his name is a comedic trap for some unlucky private.
>>
Anyone have the voice of killhat copypasta? For... science.
>>
I was a POG on Benning, I will say infantry had it quite a bit harder than us based on the inflated stories the 11Bs would tell us at the TMC. The Drill Sergeants have higher expectations from you in terms of never quitting and always striving for excellence. Most of your actual combat training will come in unit, 14 weeks is bare bones minimum to make you a semi-effective soldier. The 5 extra weeks is there to polish you up a bit, but also make you a more aggressive and distinguished soldier.

You will do things differently than POGs, who will be taught useless shit like marching at "Right Shoulder Arms". You will march at the low ready, even to chow. You will bring heavy weapons and commo gear with you everywhere, even to chow (watching 11Bs lug an M240 through the DFAC is pretty amusing though). You will learn the infantryman's creed, and other high speed shit that only 11Bs learn because you're expected to distinguish yourself from every other MOS in the Army. Your Drill Sergeants won't baby you as much as they would the POGs, and won't hesitate to fuck you up. The "rules" about SHARP, EO, and recruit treatment are a bit more lax in the infantry, so expect it to be harsh.

Don't fucking quit though. Ever. They throw this shit at you to make you succeed despite adversity. Even if you never think about "quitting", you'll have a moment or two of doubt at least once. Keep pushing through.
>>
>>27783350
I'm going up there next week, you'll be in the iteration before mine. Good luck /k/omrade
>>
File: 1357409047627.jpg (49 KB, 613x533) Image search: [Google]
1357409047627.jpg
49 KB, 613x533
>Don't be first

But isn't being first a good thing?
>>
Expect Basic to be about 65% sucky moments (getting smoked, being hungry, tired, hot, cold, etc.), 20% pleasant moments (bullshitting during downtime with friends, hearing the DS say something funny, cool breeze blows in when you're hot and miserable, etc. Small, simple shit that gets you through sucky days), and 5% really soul crushing shit (you'll have 1-2 days where nothing goes right). The remaining 10% is fucking badass as shit (firing machine guns and grenade launchers, room clearing, shit like that). Savor the 20% to get you through the sucky moments, and on to the really fucking cool shit.

Also, when you go to Malone One (the grenade range), the way they teach you to throw grenades is retarded. They do it for safety purposes, but you'll barely throw the practice grenade 10 yards if you're lucky. Do it once just to see how stupid it is, then just throw the grenade like a baseball. Also, don't take it personal that the cadre are so on edge there. Their job 5 days a week is to make sure dumbass 18-year olds don't blow themselves up, they have at least one close call per day (when I threw, a kid cooked off the grenade in the throwing pit and nearly killed himself and the instructor). They have a right to be pissy.
>>
>>27786039

Attention is bad. The Drill Sergeants will have a mental list of people who they're going to push extra hard by about week 2 or 3. You'll see them focus in on these people like a laser-beam, and always be up in their shit. Most of these dudes will be on the shit like so it's effectively your DS trying to police up the shitbags, but they'll also pick on the top 10% as well. Trust me, you'll be glad you stayed off the radar.
>>
>>27786080
It doesn't make sense though. Why push shit on the top 10% instead of the rest of the people?
>>
Benning sucked, 30th AG is the worst fucking part though. Your first month is entirely composed of coughing phlegm up. And they put saltpeter in your food to try to suppress your libido, so stick to fruits and veggies.
>>
>>27786110
For fun.
>>
>>27786141
Potassium nitrate in the chow? Are you for serious rn senpai?
>>
>>27786110
Why not?
>>
>>27786110
Because the whole point is to break you down. If it was easy for you, time to give you more shit.
>>
>>27786174
>meant τbh fαm
>>
>>27786110

Two reasons:
1) Make the high-speed more high-speed.
2) Slap your ego down a peg. I promise you, some of the kids who are squared away (high PT, easily get through obstacle courses, etc.) are going to be a little too aware of how high-speed they are. Gotta slap them back into line.
>>
>>27786174
Yup, keeps you from getting a hard on.
>>
>>27783350

Get used to hearing;

>FRONT LEANING REST POSITION MOVE!!
>>
>>27786141
>>27786174
Stress and fatigue is probably to blame. Do you think that the Army would spent the time, effort, and money to put saltpeter in the food just to stop people from jacking off?
>>
File: 1428279176150.jpg (7 KB, 251x224) Image search: [Google]
1428279176150.jpg
7 KB, 251x224
>>27786228
>tfw they were nice enough to give you an open ranks first.
>>
>>27786213
why would they do that? it can't be legal or healthy
US government pls
ˢᵐʰ ᵗᵇʰ ᶠᵃᵐ
>>
File: 1344237505457.jpg (48 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
1344237505457.jpg
48 KB, 500x422
>>27783350
Basic without females is best. Weather in Georgia is worst. Benning is full of alcoholic psychopaths. The only thing of worth there is that Subway by the towers.

You dont really need any advice for basic. Basic is easy and it will suck no matter who you are or what you do. 3 months of suck, suddenly its over, you've got some stories and you move on.
>>
>>27786241
I am 100% serious, I've heard it from shit
loads of my sergeants.
>>27786251
It's only done at reception.
>>
Try to become the voice of your DS. Post stories.
>>
>>27786262
>>Weather in Georgia is worst.

I CANNOT STRESS HOW FUCKING COLD AND MISERABLE IT WILL BE. WITH A COMBINATION OF BEING HUNGRY AND COLD.

Rucking in cold temperatures fucking frozen rifles and trying to hold your aim and not shake. Balls freezing mudruns. Everything is so fucking depressing.

but its not as bad as summer with the fucking giant brown recluse spiders and mosquitoes and insane fucking heat that could make vinning sweat. But at least you got clear skies and you can see more human life around the base.
>>
>>27786110

so they dont get a big dick
>>
>>27786326

And its not a wet cold its a dry cold which is so much fucking worse. If hell was a frozen wasteland it'd be Fort Benning.
>>
>>27786326
> the fucking giant brown recluse spiders
Don't be a pussy. Those are just wolf spiders, and theyre bros.
>>
>>27786265
It's a bunch of bullshit, I masturbated all the time in basic, the reason you don't get a hard on at first is because you're burning a ridiculous amount of energy and surrounded by dudes you shower and live next to.
>>
>>27786265
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/740/does-saltpeter-suppress-male-ardor

http://www.snopes.com/military/saltpeter.asp

http://www.stripes.com/blogs/the-rumor-doctor/the-rumor-doctor-1.104348/are-new-recruits-secretly-given-saltpeter-1.107251

I've heard the same myth from people that have been to jail and prison. The most likely cause of decreased libido is stress, anxiety, and fatigue.
>>
>>27783350
Anyone got any more stories or advice about basic in the army, also I'm not OP.
>>
>>27786353
>And its not a wet cold its a dry cold which is so much fucking worse. If hell was a frozen wasteland it'd be Fort Benning.
Jan, Feb, March. All with more precipitation than April on average, and April is still over 4" average in a month.

Were you ever actually at Benning?
>>
>>27786372
>but once you get used to all those guys around you and feel more comfortable you'll have no problem masturbating next to them or with them in the shower and pulling your bunks together for orgies
>>
File: 1381949551655.jpg (89 KB, 884x904) Image search: [Google]
1381949551655.jpg
89 KB, 884x904
>>27786354
Not him but he is right. You can tell the wolf's by their white stripe. They are your friends. If it's big, brown and DOESNT have that white strip, KILL IT WITH FIRE. I just PCSed from Benning couple months ago and I saw ALOT more recluses than wolfs in the barracks. One dumb bitch got a nice hole in her hand courtesy of one and her not going to the fucking CTMC for days after her damn hand started to bleed and puss.
>>
>>27785966
Bullshit.
Knowing a creed is high-speed? It was easy downtime stuff to give DS a reason to fuck up a shitty private who didn't know it.

We got sharp and eo training just like everyone else. One guy drew a doodle with a swastika in it and got an NJP. Docked his pay, extra duty.

Fighting wasn't allowed, it happened, and we got fucked up for it.

We didn't March at low ready around the barracks.

We didn't carry commo gear.

But OP, I went through a little less than 2 years ago.
Reception was the worst. 10 days of bullshit. Shots, waiting in lines, always needing to pee really badly, being super sleepy all the time, and the most garbage food ever. Burgers, onion rings, fries, pizza, corn dogs.

First 3 weeks went super fast. That part is when you'll get smoked the most, and there's nothing you can do to prevent it. Smoking isnt as bad as you think, because it was for me mostly legitimate physical exercises. Lots of pushups, sit-ups, running, six inches

As you go along, the days seem to get longer. You will get bored. So fucking long. This is critical. When privates get bored, they do stupid shit. Like drawing swastikas, getting in fights, stealing MREs from storage, bribing a drill sergeant for their cellphones or stealing it when they aren't looking.

Don't be stupid, do what you are told.
>>
>>27786141
Biggest lie and urban legend ever. I mean, my dick didn't work for 3 straight months in terms of an erection but still the whole putting shit in your food part is retarded. Any dude in your platoon that gets a boner from being around guys is the one you need to stay away from.
>>
>>27786384
Not really buddy, I'm bi as fuck and I just wasn't attracted to any of them. I seriously think people in basic are the ugliest dudes ever, cram 50 guys into a bay, bald heads, exhausted looks, snot running down their face, fucked up country boy mugs, BCGs, that disgusting smell of cleaner, shit, and sweat every morning after PT and dudes are dropping turds.

It's pretty rough to get sexually aroused there.

>>27786420
>We didn't March at low ready around the barracks.
We marched at a relaxed position around the barracks, and sometimes at port arms, kinda felt like a 50/50 mix of both.

>Burgers, onion rings, fries, pizza, corn dogs.
The fuck? They musta went through some serious changes.
>>
File: derrp.jpg (97 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
derrp.jpg
97 KB, 720x540
>>27783350
HAVE FUN! Do whatever you can to have fun. Although breaking fourth wall here pic very much related.
>>
>>27786174
Myth. 30th ag is 10 days of bullshit. Also you don't want to jack off because you're so dogshit tired. That, and all the dudes around you all the time.

Took me till week 5 to jack off, and in the last 3 weeks, every goddamn day.

>>27786205
The top 10% standouts who standout and continue to standout after getting fucked up and given responsibility, got 18xray contracts and option 40. No lie.
>>
>>27786447
WHAT IS THAT?!
>an erection, drill sargent!
WHY DO YOU HAVE AN ERECTION?!
>just woke up, drill sargent!
WELL WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU DREAMING ABOUT WITH YOUR FILTHY FUCKING MIND IN MY BARRACKS?!
>bacon, drill sargent...
DO I SENSE A FUCKING "AND" COMING?!
>and... uh... your wife, drill sargent!
>>
>>27786539
Good thing you didn't write for Full Metal Jacket.
>>
>>27786248
We got half right face a lot. Gave Plently of space

>>27786326
Goddamn cow killer ants. I went right in summer, very miserable.

>>27786465
Only at reception. Good healthy food in actual training.
>>
>mediocre at swimming
>planning on joining the navy (18 year old senior)
>really don't want to get better at it

Will they have us get better, or are you expected to be the greatest swimmer alive? I can swim alright I guess, but not for long distances
>>
>>27786538
Do they separate the 18X and op 40 guys from the rest of the 11B and 11X guys? I've heard both that they get grouped together and that it's all just random. I don't know what to believe anymore ᵗᵇʰ ᶠᵃᵐ
>>
>>27786569
When I went through reception we got the same exact stuff as we got downrange, wonder why they changed it.

>>27786607
No.
>>
>>27786607
The guys who came in with 18x or option 40 went through 11b training with all the regulars. Some regulars got offered extra stuff if they were "high speed"

3 guys in my platoon were offered 18xray because they had high pt scores and being awesome.
>>
>>27786326
>Cold in Georgia
What the hell are you talking about? Anytime i've been in Georgia its been fifty shades of summer all year round.
>>
>>27786326
Man it's hot as hell down here in GA. 80's with rain right now where I am
>>
>>27786623
I dunno. But during training dfac meals were top tier. Generally healthy stuff, decent variety, and a salad bar (muh one scoop).
Eat goddamn salad. It's good filler, and its good for you. Eat everything you can, because being hungry sucks.
>>
>>27786420

Was there less than a month ago. Can confirm 2-54 carried fucking everything everywhere.
>>
>>27786666
Why did you put your trip on? No one cares.
>>
>>27783350
>national guard
>gets to go home in 8 weeks
Fuck off, you toy soldier
>>
>>27786672
We didn't deal with that in 2-19. Oh well.

>>27786752
Guard went through with the active guys, all 14 weeks. I know high schoolers have split training, but I can't think of anyone else.
>>
File: 1446581751046.jpg (92 KB, 659x693) Image search: [Google]
1446581751046.jpg
92 KB, 659x693
>>27783350

Sucks to be him.
>>
>>27786538
>got 18xray contracts and option 40
Can someone translate this for us lowly civilians please?
>>
>>27787233
They got tricked into joining because they think they're gonna be rangers or special forces.
>>
>>27787233
It means they suck even MORE cock.
>>
>>27783532
turtles fuckin
my god
im dead
this
>>
enjoy the peanut butter shot in the ass OP.
here's how much of a bitch i am
Fuckin THREE GODDAMN days after i got it I was sleeping and rolled over on my side and it still hurt so fucking bad it woke me up from a state of unconscious fucking PAAIIINNNN.
>>
>>27783499

>Save your basic Training stories for yourself when you get to your unit. Your twice deployed Team Leader, thrice deployed Squad Leader, and your PSG looking at his fifth deployment don't want to hear it.

Heh.

>Turned 18 and enlisted 11B 2002
>deploy 2003 (Iraq), 2005 (Iraq) and 2009 (Afghanistan)... blah blah CIB and a couple of other cool guy awards
>Now a SSG who knocked out college whenever he could and decide to go to the Dark Side
>get picked up for OCS and lucky ducky get to go through IBOLC and be 11A
>Dad pins on shiny butter bars at graduation and off to new unit
>Get to new unit, in process and meet BN commander and my new Company Commander... shit really is different on the other side... oh im not wearing any cool guy badges on ACU
>CO lets me know I'm now 1st Platoon platoon leader get to platoon office and PSG is there along with three squad leaders (WSL was out scuffing soldiers up)
>Blah blah blah introductions over couple days... SL's talking about baby butter bars and all there deployments (WSL deployed once each...PSG has same number as me)... PSG doesn't say anything he already knew my background from 1SG
>"Don't worry LT we will make sure you are squared away and get you ready for deployment."
>"Yeah your first time getting shot..." "first time seeing dead body..." "first IED..." "try not to crack on your first deployment LT!" ha ha ha
>"Oh well thanks. By the way this will be my fourth deployment as an infantryman, guys."
>wot?
>PSG explains to them my background... war stories are banned in the platoon office.

I will admit they were some spot on SL's and did a good job on deployment but the look on their faces was pretty good.
>>
>>27787348
Now PFC's call you douche online
Good work bud
You served your country well.
>>
1. go into it understanding you know nothing about life.
2. dont be a little bitch.
>>
Alpha 2-58 is the way to go. If you have DS Coss, Reich, or Crissostomo you'll have "Fun."

Work your ass off for phone calls. Win shit. Don't be a fuck.Write letters. Fight assholes.

If you quit you're a pussy.
>>
>>27787571
fuck just saw that you are ng guess its too late for #2.
>>
Kek. Fucking hooah boot
>>
>>27787582
jesus fucking nigger on the cross you look like you're writing about summer camp. everyone knows basic is easy but have some tact about the fact.
>>
>>27787340
I've been cycling on and off of roids for the past year so my ass muscles and quads are accustomed and conditioned to absorb shots. Mine might last 1 or 2 days at the most but lol
>>
>>27783350
learn to jack off quietly, and dont let the smell of shit and people brushing their teeth outside the stall bother you.
>>
>>27783350
When you're standing in line or formation, for the love of god just shut the fuck up. Don't whisper or talk to people when you're supposed to be quiet.
>>
Don't ask questions. you draw attention to yourself... do not ask questions
>>
>>27786863

That's nothing, I knew a SSG Sprinkle in Hoenfels.
>>
>Be me
> Be IET Soldier
> First day of basic training
> standing outside 30th AG with my duffel bags
> Guys start peeling off of formation and throwing their duffels in the back of a Deuce then they run to a line of busses
> a DS is standing there yelling at each one
> my turn
> Haul ass to impress this DS
> run up, in one fluid motion throw both bags into the Deuce
> without looking step directly on the DS's right foot, pivot to face then busses and take off
> as I run I hear a low, guttural "You little MOTHERFUCKER" from behind me
> Tell myself on the buss that it's ok, I probably won't ever see that guys again, I'm going to a different part of the base now
> Completely unwarranted sense of peace washes over me
> busses stop, doors open
>shark attack up in this bitch
> run to my canteen, stand completely still in formation
> Green, brown & angry thing comes barreling at me out of the corner of my eye
> just then that voice
> "There you are! Get the fuck down!"
TFW you stomped and ground you senior drill sergeants foot into the dirt before he even knew your name.

Good times indeed.
>>
Don't quit. You're in it now faggot. The life of a non-trainer is not the life you want to live. Trust me.
>>
>>27787945
I think he's talking about no CIB.
>>
>>27788133

Well then he's a tard monkey. If you have an EIB you can't wear the fucking CIB. EIB supersedes it.
>>
all these fucking acronyms
>>
>>27788145
Um, no. AR670-1 states the CIB Supercedes the EIB.
>>
Fucking nasty girl. Good luck not knowing shit or ever doing your job. If you're ever deployed into combat enjoy filling and stacking sandbags.
>>
>>27788239

Oh my god I've been lied to my entire career.
>>
>>27783350
I'm ETSing tomorrow. But it's good to see we have retards still joining in peace time.

I hope you go to 1-77 armor.
>>
>>27788117
So much this lol. Non trainers are miserable as fuck! I remember a couple of them that had to stay a good long while after the rest of us graduated and went on to be somewhat successful in life. Believe me, the reward for claiming you're crazy or want to kill yourself is an extended stay at ft. Wherever the hell you were sentenced to, being treated like shit and a DS's bitch for an unknown amount of days (possibly and more likely than not, months) and you even get an other than honorable I believe it is. Just stick through it, I promise you'll hate life if you try backing out at any phase of training
>>
>>27783350
You're going to get fucked up for stuff you didn't do.

You're going to get fucked up for stuff the DS did and then blamed on you

DS knows you're hiding peanut butter in the bed posts. Don't be that guy.

If yall are going to sleep in the laundry room on Sundays (which you will), have someone to wake you up if the DS comes in/ formation is called.

OSUT is pretty fun dude. It's not anywhere near as bad as you'd imagine. You'll be bored more than anything else.
>>
>>27788409
I'm glad I fucking left tho.
>>
>>27787340
You get another one in Ranger school - the day before the timed 5 mile run.
>>
>>27783404
why is is bad to be first?
>>
>>27789007
FUCK.THAT.
>>
>>27788473
>DS knows you're hiding peanut butter
Holy fuck this. You'd think this dude was a drug sniffing dog with a peanut butter fetish. He will find it in your locker, he will find it in your pillow case, he'll find it in your socks. It's not fucking worth it, don't do it
>>
>>27783404
>Don't be first
Fuck this guy, ALWAYS volunteer and do the best you can. DS see's that shit and will eventually cut you some slack in blue phase. Don't know what it's like in OSUT but in basic doing more than what's expected went a long way for me.
>>
>>27788145
What's an EIB, and yes...I am that ignorant.6161
>>
File: 1443646973856.png (297 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1443646973856.png
297 KB, 480x454
>when your outside the defac and you don't know if you'll be in the healthy food line or the awesome steak and burgers line

Also those civilian kitchen staff are the the fattest fucking black bitches ever, and they sweat in your food.
>>
>Second week of white phase
>Toes on line (end of day accountability)
>About .0000005 seconds before DS is scheduled to appear
>Suddenly there's a random feather in the goddamn killzone
>Point it out to my bunk mate as we're both right in front of it
>We both panic and end up dropping to the floor and blowing it across the room
>We almost get it out of the killzone when DS comes into room
>Nobody calls at ease so we're still on our stomachs blowing at this feather
>DS says "god fucking dammit" and leaves the room
>At graduation DS tells me that was the hardest he's ever had to concentrate on not laughing
>The sight of two grown-ass men blowing a feather across the floor as fast as they can almost broke my DS
>>
>>27786539
read sand man much?
>>
>>27786228
Goddammit. I never wanted to hear that again
>>
>>27789217
try hearing that for 20 weeks.
Never go 31B
>>
>>27789193
maximum kek
>>
>>27788274
EIB winners wear their shit anyway over the cib
>>
>>27789236
fucking this god almighty
>>
>>27789144
This guy OP.

Don't be the guy right next to this guy. Its hard to tell them to fuck off when they ask you to help them out in some shit task they volunteered to do.
>>
>Weapon disassembly training in the barracks
>Someone isn't taking apart their weapon like the rest of the recruits
>"Soldier! Why the fuck aren't you following along with my instructions?!"
>"Drill Sergeant, I already know how to take apart and reassemble my rifle."
>"Goddamn you must be one of those high speed kids that owns an AR15 at home and thinks they don't have to listen to me!"
>"I don't own one Drill Sergeant!"
>"Then how the fuck do you know how to take apart the weapon you shitbag?!"
>"Drill Sergeant, my girlfriend owns one!"

Goddamn I've never seen anything so fucking stupid in my life. In addition to having his name taped on his weapon, he had to have "Suzy's m16" taped to his handguard
>>
>ITT: Shitbags who coasted through basic instead of trying their actual best
Why the fuck did you even join? I bet half of you were a Nasty Girl and the rest were 88m or 68 series pukes
>>
>>27788145
>>27789171
FFS 2hat the hell is an EIB?. Not everyone here has serrvrd.

Also, thank all of you for you service you huge faggots.
>>
>>27786326
>thinks benning is cold
It was only chilly because you hadnt eaten anything and were standing in formation for 2 hours
>>
File: 1410897406968.jpg (56 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
1410897406968.jpg
56 KB, 624x480
>>27789352
I'm a nasty girl, sir, leaving in 2 weeks to ft jackson.

I don't wanna coast but I don't want to die, been doing muh pullups and runs and pushups and situps every day.
>>
File: 1396589488543.png (1011 KB, 3160x3254) Image search: [Google]
1396589488543.png
1011 KB, 3160x3254
>>27789236
So when I sign up my old pal that was in the air force, said get a job that will have the longest AIT, its easy and you will be a value to the army.
So when I sign up there was a 31B opening. sweet all I will do is eat donuts and be a lazy fuck.

Nope. basic is 8 weeks and AIT 12. But what the fucking army dose for MP is keep you in the same barracks, with the same Drill sergeants, with the same ass hats that keep hiding peanut butter.
Your told that MPs need to only stick together, and never talk to anyone out of the MP family.

This is way MPs are dicks

I also was sent to fat camp before basic, its not bad 2 weeks of no stop PT.

When I got back home for my 1 week of fun, my old pal was there to welcome me home. I never say such a big shit eating grin in my life
>HFW
>>
Former DS from Benning (1-50 IN) here and now retired. Some words of advice/view from the other side:

So you made it from MEPS to Sand Hill… la dee fucking da.

30th AG is there to weed out 10% of recruits on average for various stupid shit that slipped through the cracks. Yes we piss test you again, yes some new information pops up on your background check, yes we have people who commit crimes right before shipping and don’t tell their recruiter and law enforcement contacts us while you are at reception. I have seen it all.

Luckily catching that at 30th AG saves us time in having to get you to your unit and THEN finding out the Army is just not for you. The best advice I can give you is SHUT UP, LISTEN and OBEY – that will cut down on some of the problems you may experience.

Having said that I hate each and every one of you I get from 30th AG. Some of you fuckers slip through the cracks and now it is my job to further sift the trash from the trainable. “Shark Attack” is impersonal and unless you do something to attract attention I am yelling in your group’s direction for the most part.

You will fuck up. Oh lord how you will fuck up. Oh there may be times when you fuck up and a DS sees it and ruins your life for 15 or 20 minutes but there will also be times when you fuck up and no one caught you. You will say to yourself “ha ha ha… I got away with something!” Nope. The mass punishment everyone is complaining about? That's us DS clearing the backlogs of all the stupid shit you have been doing and thought you got away with. And yes some DS right down shit they see for later corrective action with everyone.

[continued]
>>
>>27789429
The punishment increases if we see it is too easy for you -- at week 1 most of you are shaking like a leaf after 20 pushups but thanks to physical training by week 6 those 20 pushups are a joke so we have to get creative. Unfortunately we also operate within the bounds of what TRADOC says is acceptable punishment – DS get creative in circumventing those bounds legally in order to get our point through your thick skulls.

DS don’t even learn your names (unless you are THAT guy) until week 4. I literally have no interest in your name except when it comes time to correct deficiencies and if I need it it’s there on your chest or on the back of your headgear. Many DS rarely refer to recruits by name in the first three weeks – if a DS has learned your name then you are doing something wrong.

Recruits are simply faceless things until week 3 and my jobs is to weed out as quickly as possible those who will have a weapon placed in their hands beginning in week 4. I do not care why you joined, I do not care where you came from, I do not care who or what you are... I only care that you have what it takes emotionally to get through the first three weeks of having control of your life yanked away without tapping out. Many of you will break either publicly or privately at one point during OSUT what matters is how you move on from there -- graduating or getting those walking papers.

I give two fucks who your mom/dad/brother/sister/grandpa/aunt/uncle was in the military. If you want to ride fucking coat tails be a politician. YOU are responsible for your actions and YOU are the one who makes and breaks your career. Recruits who think name dropping is a tactic get monkey stomped and ALL the DS will do their best to break you and get you walking papers for the good of the service.

[continued]
>>
>>27789433

Nothing a DS does is unplanned -- you probably saw your DS carrying some 3x5 cards with different color writing on them. Believe it or not we schedule fuck up games in advance to stress you -- isn't it amazing how many times your barracks get tossed just before going to the field? Stupid last minute games while in the field? Yeah thats scripted too... oh fuck someone lost a piece of military equipment and now its wasting time for punishment or looking for it? Yeah we script shit like that too. It is all about stress and control kids.

DS play good cop bad cop and its rotational. One cycle I might be bad cop and DS Smith will be good cop and the next cycle we switch. Every cycle has THAT DS who was a hardass and THAT DS who was cool as fuck and again its all scripted kids.

During weapons training DS are on high alert for all manner of stupid shit. I have seen everything from a recruit try and off himself on the firing line, to recruits talking to their rifles, and some who just lock up and freeze like they are catatonic or something. Again we are on alert to weed you out if it looks like you are going to be THAT guy.

Yes we play extra fuck fuck games when you go through NBC training. Yes I have tripped recruits running out the door after popping their mask off, sounding off with name/rank/SSN/unit. Yes its hilarious.

[continued]
>>
>>27789445

Understand the difference between HURT and INJURED. DS are trained to know the signs of and perform aid for the big three: Heat injuries, Cold injuries and joint injuries. Recruits can self-diagnose the common bullshit and then determine if they need to go to the aid station/sick call so here is how you do it:

INJURED is things like broken bones, visible swelling from sprains, bleeding and basically everything that covers life/limb/eyesight and shit that requires stretchers or buddy aid. If you have one of those things go to sick call/aid station.

HURT is muscle soreness/fatigue, mild headaches, apathy and malingering and require WATER and TYLENOL. If you have any of these you do not need to go to the aid station/sick call.

You will NEVER be denied medical care but don't become those fucks who hobble around on crutches for weeks on end malingering their way into a recycle or a discharge. If you think it sucks now being hurt wait till you are downrange on the move in the mountains with aches/pains/creaks/pops. Again its about toughening up and getting over the psychological hump of comfort zones.

No DS do not put pillows in their rucksacks during the ruck marches. DS do have to continue to meet infantry standards including completing a 12 mile ruck march in kit in less than 3 hours (yeah dummies we are being timed same as you on that final march). Depending on the unit you are assigned to the 1SG will set the minimum weight required to be carried by DS (usually it is 25 – 35 lbs) and yes they get weighed and YES some DS get counseled for trying to slide under the radar.
>>
>>27789461

If you did not get airborne or ranger in your contract when you arrived at Benning you can request it while in training. It is based off your APFT scores prior to graduating BCT and before family day (go for broke!) and you need to request either/both through your chain of command. Generally the top 10% on the APFT who do not have airborne or ranger contracts already can earn it – but it is a quota so if they can only cut orders for 10 guys and you are number 11 in asking then tough shit. If you want but didn't get it at MEPS then EARN IT.

Don’t ask for other “cool guy” schools while in OSUT. No you will not get sniper, pathfinder, combat diver, HALO etc etc out of OSUT.

Yes you can contact your DS after OSUT for advice/mentoring but you need to lean on your new unit’s chain of command. The Army is relatively small and the infantry is a much smaller part of the Big Green Machine – every infantry NCO knows someone in another unit and its all about networking. Yeah we get calls from our battles all over the place about what kind of dumb dumbs managed to graduate and are headed to Fort XXXX. Yeah we do give them the skinny on you knuckleheads and yeah strings are pulled to keep certain guys out of certain battalions and pull other guys into certain battalions. So do your best and be the guy a unit WANTS to have in their ranks.
>>
>>27789469

DS is only there to get you through the first months of your Army career and it’s up to YOU what happens next.

The Army is not for everyone... if it was it would be called the Air Force or the Coast Guard. DS doesn't want to graduate dipshits because hey... we have to go back to real units too AND deploy with you. I personally never wanted to send sub par Soldiers to a unit because its a huge liability.

I get calls from prior recruits who do dumb shit and some expect me to swoop in like mom or dad to fix it. NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Yeah there are plenty of Soldiers who graduate and go on to do the same stupid shit they were doing in High School -- drugs is the big one but so is underage drinking and a number of other things. I will never understand why someone would put the effort to get IN the Army, go through OSUT and get to a unit only to throw it all away over something like weed or molly. Dumb. When you fuck up in your new unit and stand in the BC office with CSM and your CoC standing there you need to realize who put you in that situation --- very, very, very rarely is it your NCO’s or CoC who got you to that point – your TL didn’t make you smoke that joint, drink that liquor when you are under 21, punch some civilian in his yuck mouth, or drive drunk.

Keep your nose clean, do your 3 years and change of an enlistment and then either re-up or move on.

Best of luck.

If anyone has any specific questions I will try and answer them.
>>
>>27789282
No. Wrong.

Unless they were given a CIB and are too ashamed to wear something they didn't earn.

And who the fuck cares if you have an EIB outside of testing?
>>
>>27789408
I went through the worm pit when it was 40 degrees outside, fuck knuckle.
>>
>>27786574

You don't even swim in regular Navy bootcamp, family
>>
>>27786863
Why? EIB and airborne? Proves he actually knows what he is doing. Unlike CIB which means he went through shit, but, unfortunately, he could still be a complete dumbass who can't successfully call in artillery or a nine line.
>>
>>27789545
Spoken like someone who doesn't have a CIB.
>>
Alright then. Ds Hoover was a character. He never wanted to be a ds, and it was his last cycle. He just didn't give a fuck.

>ds Hoover calls me over
>takes my cover off my head.
>puts it on his head.
>way too small.
>takes his campaign cover, adjusts it.
>puts it on my head.
>pvt anon, you will wear this cover at all times, in any condition.
>yes drill sgt. Can this pvt get a signed note to reflect these orders and to show to the horde of NCO's and drill sgts which will descend on this pvt?
>sure thing ass hat.
>continue day, scare the shit out of everyone with drill hat.
>this gives Hoover an idea.
>calls me over
>new orders pvt. You are now my voice.
>YES DRILL SGT.
>Hoover goes to find people to fuck with.
> finds recruits from other platoon.
>Takes my rifle and marches over with me.
>whispers in my ear
>WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOURE DOING RPIVATES? WHY THE FUCK ARE YOUR HANDS IN YOUR POCKETS. WHY THE FUCK ARENT YOU AT PARADE REST.
>knife hands,knife hands everywhere.
>the recruits short circuit at a pvt,wearing a drill hat, screaming at them like a ds.
>ds Hoover is at attention, staring blank faced, holding my rifle at port arms, only moving to whisper instructions into my ear.
>two of them break down crying.
>ds whispers were done and to move off.
> once out of sight he loses his shit.
>rinse,,lather, repeat for whole day.
>become known as the voice of Hoover.
>>
>>27789545
If your joes don't know their common tasks, it's not because they are fucked up, it's because you are a fucked up and ineffective NCO.

Half right, face.
>>
This thread cheered me up after the most fucked up day ever.
>>
Jesus christ people... read DA PAM 670-1:

4–6. Combat and skill badges worn on the combat uniform
Foreign badges are not authorized for wear on the combat uniform. Pin-on badges are not authorized in a field or
deployed environment. See paragraphs 4–8e and 22–16 for wear of combat and skill badges on the combat uniform

22-16 COMBAT AND SPECIAL SKILL BADGES AND TABS
a. Listed below in order of group precedence are combat and special skill badges authorized for wear on the Army
uniform
(1) Group 1. Combat Infantryman badges (three awards) (see fig 22–33); Expert Infantryman badge (see fig 22–34);
Combat Action badge.
(2) Group 2.
Combat Medical badges (three awards) (see fig 22–36); Expert Field Medical badge (see fig 22–37).

d. Wear of subdued full-sized combat and special skill badges on combat uniforms.
(1) Badges are worn one above the other, centered above the U.S. Army tape, in order of group precedence, from
top to bottom and from the wearer’s right to left. Badges may all be either sew-on or pin-on. Soldiers may only wear
badges in a deployed environment if sewn on.
(2) Personnel may wear up to five badges above the U.S. Army tape so long as space allows for the badges on the
individual’s uniform. Personnel may only wear one combat or special skill badge from either group 1 or group 2.

(5) The order of precedence for combat and special skill badges are established only by group. There is no
precedence for combat or special skill badges within the same group. For example, personnel who are authorized to
wear the Parachutist and Air Assault badges may determine the order of wear between those two badges.

------

TL;DR The person authorized to wear the badge may choose which he wears and there is not order of precedence within the group. So they can wear EITHER the EIB or the CIB but not BOTH since they are in the same group and it is entirely up to the wearer which they want to roll with.
>>
>>27789595
>Half right, face.

fag
>>
post your DS's names
I had DS powers, and DS wrath in my unit
>>
>>27789558
I was an engineer. A sergeant in my platoon had an EIB. Another sergeant in a different platoon had CIB. Sergeant with CIB thought he was hot shit, sergeant with EIB was hot shit.

>>27789595
Except retards with a CIB exist. I have never met an actual retard with an EIB.

Again, you can call me a pog engineer all you want, I don't care. I get that a CIB means more to an infantryman than an EIB.

I am not fazed though, because knowledge is more useful than luck, and not every grunt in any given unit survived because of skill. If you pulled some moron through the shit more than once then you know what I'm talking about. Some faggots are only alive because carrying their corpses back might endanger those who could pull their own weight.

That's not even bringing up the fags on FOB duty like armorers, supply, and permanent guard detail because they are too stupid to do anything else, but they get CIB just like every other 11B in your unit.
>>
>>27788263

Actives are always so salty. :^)
>>
>>27789671

>Except retards with a CIB exist. I have never met an actual retard with an EIB.

I can tell you as an Infantry SNCO retards exist with EIB's as well as with CIB's. I have had soldiers who cannot pass EIB to save their lives but excel in combat and vice versa with EIB holders.

I have had soldiers who have zero motivation for wanting to earn an EIB but are outstanding soldiers none the less. Likewise I have had EIB holders who happily ducked out of deployments as soon as they found out about them.

I'm sure we could all find 50 infantrymen with CIB's who were worthless/lazy and I'm sure we could find 50 infantrymen with EIB's who were just as worthless and lazy.

I put very little value into what badges a soldier shows up to my unit wearing (Ranger or Sapper tab excluded) and let his actions show me what kind of soldier he is.
>>
>>27789499
Why is Air Force so bad? Is that strictly a PT standpoint? Because most of the Airmen I've met have been smart, straight-edge, and disciplined. I feel like there would be less Airmen doing things like getting in fights, drinking underage, and doing drugs.

Is Air Force just the nerdy branch?
>>
>>27789755
>(Ranger or Sapper tab excluded)
Don't be so quick to exclude them.
>>
>>27789671
>they get CIB just like every other 11B in your unit.

Wrong.

How about letting people who know what they're talking about post on this subject, shit bird.
>>
File: that-feel1.png (42 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
that-feel1.png
42 KB, 750x750
that feel when want to join the army reserve but unfit as fug
>>
>>27787430
>Now hippies and nogunz call you douche online

Fixed that.
>>
Yes...please enjoy. It will be over in the blink of an eye.
>>
>>27789144
OP dont be this guy.

I was in the infantry for 20 years... volunteering like a faggot for everything makes you hated in traning and gets you and your team killed in combat
>>
>>27789096
No one likes "that guy". It makes you look like you think you're better than the rest.
It doesn't mean you shouldn't strive to be on top and volunteer to do stuff as those positive qualities, but overdosing it and being too eager to prove your worth usually has negative results (even if you simply feel that "you do your best, as everyone should") and makes you a prick in the eyes of the rest.
Be first when you can, but don't let that become the goal.
>>
>>27783350
I'm sure it's easy as fuck these days.
>>
>>27790644

I doubt that sir.
>>
File: spurdosissi.png (63 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
spurdosissi.png
63 KB, 750x750
>>27783350
Someone replied to this:
>>27733619
that he had similar experiences in OSUT, so I guess this is at least semi relevat, although from Finland.
>>
>>27789193
Laughed
>>
>>27789499

Who's the oldest recruit you've ever trained? Do you see any noticeable difference between the younger recruits and older recruits?
>>
>>27783350
get out of your contract and join the marines instead. your pride will thank me later (and so will your future girlfriends)
>>
>>27796711
or stay in the army like a real man, and get all the man pussy you want from the airforce
>>
>>27796640

Oldest recruit I have personally had in a platoon was 38.

Some of the "older" guys who come through (guys in their 30's) tend to be a little more mature but a few have an "I know it all" attitude. We correct that immediately for them.

The majority of the older guys tend to suck it up and drive on and try not to show physical weakness... they also tend to do a lot of talking to the younger guys and impart "wisdom" even thought they are all dumb fuck recruits who don't know anything.

One older guy I had was like 35 or 36 and he smoked and I mean smoked the younger guys on the APFT... I think only two other recruits had higher scores but he posted the fast two mile run time in the platoon.
>>
>>27789888
Air Force is all mind games, a lot of smart people go in for the training and jobs they can get.
There is always going to be shitbirds no matter what branch you go in.
Not much fighting in BMT obviously no drugs or booze, just the people that fail the drug test arriving and get sent home.
The retards come out during tech school. Also so does sexual assault and drinking who would have thought.
>>
>>27787761
its not the shot itself it's that weird shit thats in the syringe. basically some concoction that has the consistency of peanut butter they inject into your shitty muscle insertions and it will feel like you have a couple spoon fulls of peanut butter in your ass.
>>
also im noticing that armyfags are a lot more open to talking about boot camp than marinefags or any other branch. it would be nice to hear about coastguard drill instructors, I heard coast guard boot camp sucks dick.
>>
>>27796838
well give them some credit the oldfags lived in the real world for a good amount of years. we had this old as fucking dirt lance corporal whos peers age-wise were gunnys. so naturally all the staff sgts and gunnys loved him because he was generally a likable person. plus he himself looked like a DI since he wa slike 6'8 and built like a dickhouse
>>
>>27789433

do you think its a disadvantage to come to basic in really good shape? like maxing out your apft scores? just because you will draw the ire of every ds?
>>
Shit no one tells you:

30th AG sucks. Peanut butter shot sucks. Drink water, shut up, keep to yourself. Don't get involved in the calamity that happens in 30th AG barracks.

Go to JEWISH service. Hell, go to any religious service, even if you're not. An hour away from the eyes of the DS will do you wonders. But jewish service has bagels and lemonade at the end. And they don't discriminate. Plus, the lesser attended a service is in a company, the less chance DS will think about you there. My friend an I were trusted in week two to walk ourselves to and fro the jewish service. Don't know if that was common, but the christian services both got an escort. And no bagels.

NEVER leave anything unlocked or unattended that is not in your direct control. Some asshat stole my laundry when I stupidly left my shit in the dryer. This forced me to steal other peoples stuff. I ended up with like 5 sets of ACUs, all slightly different. Yes, I'm a shitbag.

This goes for everything. Lock everything up that you can. Even when you can't, keep an eye on it. Another asshole (guy I went to jewish service with) pranked me by taking my little pin when we were disassembling and cleaning our rifles. I forgot the name of the part (this was 6 years ago), but it's the one thats really crucial and you pull out with a pin.

The same asshole also stole my sling. Therefore, I could not hang my rifle from my rack. I had to sleep with my M16 (no short M4's for us) literally in my bed, under my wubbie.

You'll do dry firing exercises in your room. Don't know how common this is, but we were given three blank rounds and loaded them into one of our three magazines. For the love of god, DO NOT use the loaded magazine for dry firing exercises (dowling rod and dime if anyone's curious).

Be in shape when you arrive. Don't rely on OSUT to get you in shape. I wasn't in shape, and it totally fucked with my mind.

(cont)
>>
>>27789888

i worked over at air traffic control while as a casual LT for a few months.

drugs, underage sexing, more drugs...

keep in mind that most of these kids are 18-20 and away from home for the first time.
>>
>>27783350

i went through it about 10 years ago. best advice i can give is this.... shut the fuck up.

seriously. just shut up. and when you get to your unit.... shut the fuck up. everyone HATES the new guy that wont SHUT THE FUCK UP about his OSUT stories. no one care, and everyone did the same shit.

no one is really going to respect you until you get a tour or two under your belt. that's active duty though.... dunno how it is for the nasty girls.
>>
>>27798115

Your platoon can be VERY political. Kind of like an office. Watch who you associate with. They will color peoples perceptions of you. Frankly, if you commit to a group of people too early, you'll be frozen out of the power structure.

Never get too chummy with the DS, no matter what type of relationship you build.

I'm actually going to disagree with those who say never volunteer. DS get pissed when no one volunteers for shit. Bad things can happen. And, eventually, they WILL know your name one way or another. Don't be a brownnoser, though. That will end badly. Volunteer, but volunteer smart. Sometimes you actually get a decent benefit from it.

Keep others accountable. The worst day we ever had was when another retard decided to curl up on the floor with his wubbie after lights on. DS saw him as soon as he came in, and so began 24 hours of hell. Don't let that happen to you.

You'll have a suprising amount of down time in barracks. Find something to do. Write, draw, whatever. We made playing cards out of index cards and gambled. Also, the Old Testament is pretty based.

Bring a full size pad of paper if you can. One of our DS favorite punishments would be making us write essays during our time. It sucks writing a 500 word tome on a palm size notepad.

I think I got lucky with my OSUT. All the DS were reservists, so I think they weren't as hardass as others. Plus, I arrived just at the right time where they were pushing to get us out by the holidays.

Savor the time alone, at peace. Savor the late nights on CQ and in battalion. Savor the shits, savor the time after lights out. Even savor fireguard.

Savor all the good moments. Because you know that they can't last, and what you do next will most certainly be shitty. So why bother thinking about them?
>>
File: ACUCouch.jpg (72 KB, 599x449) Image search: [Google]
ACUCouch.jpg
72 KB, 599x449
>>27798290
>Your platoon can be VERY political. Kind of like an office. Watch who you associate with. They will color peoples perceptions of you. Frankly, if you commit to a group of people too early, you'll be frozen out of the power structure.

that sounds pretty gay. exactly what i wouldnt want to deal with in the army
>>
>>27789429
OH SHIT SON

D 1-50 graduate here. Let me find out fucking Kurovski or Modkins is a /k/ommando.
>>
>>27798115
>this forced me to steal

I fucking hate you.
>>
File: image.jpg (654 KB, 2625x2251) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
654 KB, 2625x2251
>>27783350
Get as much beer, tv and pussy as you can. Cause you won't get any more for a loooonng time...
>>
File: Voice of Hoover.png (42 KB, 1100x549) Image search: [Google]
Voice of Hoover.png
42 KB, 1100x549
>>27789563
Made me lol
>>
>>27800039
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.