[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone on /k/ ever taken a noguns out shooting? I am going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 24
File: what to avoid.jpg (220 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
what to avoid.jpg
220 KB, 2197x1463
Has anyone on /k/ ever taken a noguns out shooting? I am going this Sunday with a friend who has never even seen a gun before, let alone held or fired one, and it made me realize how much they might not know. What are the things I should teach someone before they even fire the gun? Obviously basic safety stuff is explainable, but what about the finer nuances of stance, breath control, trigger control, etc.? I'm going to write out a list so I can ensure it goes as smoothly as possible.

>the four rules
>the four rules
>THE FOUR RULES
>how to hold the rifle (grip and body stance)
>how the sights work
>proper breathing technique
>trigger control
>

what else should I cover? I plan on loading 1 round at a time and having the target at something like 10 yards. We'll be shooting a vz2008

pic related, what can i do to not have that hapen
>>
>>27783128
I took 2 of my 19 year old friends shooting about a year ago, and what i could not stress enough is not fucking pointing the gun everywhere loaded or not. They'd fucking shoot, and muzzle sweep like crazy, my asshole could make diamonds.
>>
4 rules and sight picture. Let them shoot and correct things like stance and grip and whatever as the issues arise. Don't overwhelm them with a fucking textbook, make sure they have fun.
>>
>>27783128
There is an anon who color-coded parts of one of his guns for when he takes noguns shooting, to help them learn the parts (trigger, charging handle, etc) easier. It's pretty neat.
>>
Go over everything with snap caps first, including trigger pull & dry firing. Let them know it's like taking a picture; keep on target and have a steady hand, lest you get a blurry pic / missed shot.

Also, make sure they know NEVER to try and grab a dropped gun. Let it fall. Trying to catch it you might shoot yourself.
>>
>>27783128
>the four rules
Please stop teaching this. It's creating a generation of dumb shits that rely on bullshit instead of actually paying attention and knowing about their firearm.
>>
Dont let them go full auto. Leave the machine guns at home.
>>
>>27783259
I just insist on td and muzzle control, personally.
>>
>>27783143
>19
p scary desu, obviously it can be fine if they've been shooting since childhood but I probably wouldn't take a teenager who had never been before. Their dad should have done that a long time ago. The guy I'm taking is around 30.

>>27783156
Less is more approach? I just want to make sure they're prepared but I get what you're saying. I wanted to get the basics down though since jerking the trigger or a weak grip makes for frustrating misses.

>>27783203
I'm probably going to print out a picture of a VZ and point out the parts since my only training gun is a plastic pistol. I wish I could meet him somewhere beforehand where I could take the rifle out unloaded to show him everything, but the only place is the range and we'll be wearing earpro by then

>>27783247
i like the picture analogy, I'll definitely use this
good idea with the dropped gun part too, I don't want him taking the first shot and panicking it onto the floor

>>27783259
the four rules are for people who know nothing about guns and this is exactly the kind of situation where they're needed. i'd rather have him think it's always loaded and dangerous so he is more careful.

>>27783279
i'm not that rich m8, it's a semi auto 7.62x39
>>
File: image.gif (328 KB, 336x180) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
328 KB, 336x180
>>27783247
Also, I only have 4 safety rules:

1) Muzzle discipline
2) Trigger discipline
3) Schrödinger's gun
4) Don't try to catch a dropped gun

#3 I don't believe in that "all guns are loaded" deal. I believe guns should be considered both loaded and unloaded until verified by correct observation. It teaches confidence in knowing for sure the state of the weapon. Continuing this rule, the moment the gun leaves your hand, it should be considered as both loaded & unloaded again. It gets people in the habit of constantly checking.
>>
>>27783128
I taken many people shooting who have never shot. Teach them how the firearm works. Give a demonstration on what it does to a target. Boards and cinderblocks are great for this. Take multiple fun targets for them to shoot at. A new shooter doesnt want to shoot sillouhetts. Baloons are awesome. Give them time to function the gun without ammunition. Work the action, dry fire, etc. Teach them how to hold the gun, muzzle safety, trigger discipline and target identification, including what's behind the target. Allow the shooter to become comfortable with the gun vs' worrying about accuracy and what not. Teaching new shooters is a very rewarding experience.
>>
>>27783292
>the four rules are for people who know nothing about guns and this is exactly the kind of situation where they're needed. i'd rather have him think it's always loaded and dangerous so he is more careful.

Bullshit. I know guns "experts" that preach it, and not just for beginners.
>>
Range etiquette is a good thing to teach too. Like when the range goes cold, unload weapons, lock the slide back and step AWAY from the firing line and don't fiddle with stuff. The people at the range next to you have no idea who you are or if you're an idiot that's gonna ND them in the back while hanging targets. Make sure they know you're respectful of their safety.
>>
>>27783328
It's actually an indoor range so the only option is paper targets. I should probably get more exciting ones since mine are like 8"x11" black silhouettes...

>>27783356
they obviously can't apply at all times. i know my gun is unloaded when I unload it, I do visual checks for bore obstructions/issues, I pull the the trigger to remove the bolt, etc.

I just broke 3 of the rules because they're meant to be told to people that don't handle firearms so they can do so safely. all 4 still apply when shooting though
>>
If they have no experience with firearms at all, something to stress is that they shouldn't be afraid of the gun, just respectful of it. You'd be surprised how nervous some people can get around them. Just tell them to relax, and remind them that it isn't going to hurt them. It seems obvious, but it helps a lot if the person is freaked out.
>>
>>27783399
I posted the loaded/unloaded thing in a thread before and a guy told s story about dry fire practicing at the TV (I do it too). He set his gun down and went and ate or something, came back and BAM! Shot a hole in his tv. His dummbass dad loaded it when he was gone. True or not, I always check, especially around others.
>>
>>27783247
That last one is the best advice. I'll keep that in mind
>>
>>27783431
well that's a situation where he left the gun unattended so the onus was on him to check again

my guns sit in my safe unloaded but i always check them every time i take them out or put them back. perhaps some sort of bullet goblin might load it when i'm not looking
>>
>>27783128
>have jap foreign exchange student living with us for a year
>its montana, of course we teach him how to shoot
>he comes back a year later with his whole family on vacation
>we go camping
>pull AK out of the trunk, hand it to him
>his whole family are shitting bricks chittering back and forth in japanesian
>by the end of the weekend he and I had convinced everyone to run a mag through it
>they had some hilarious misconceptions about fire arms prior to that weekend, it was a pretty positive cultural exchange
>>
>>27783128
Start with THE RULES then follow with how a gun works and how to field strip one. This is to show that a gun can't go of on its own if you treat it with respect.

The key is also to show them how seriously we take this hobby. I think those that see we have our fun in a safe, responsible manner and not pointing that shit everywhere making pew pew noises will be more inclined to cross over to our side. Make sure they don't do some shit they see in the movies or they could hurt themselves or others. Make sure they keep from going too crazy with "omg I feel so powerful right now."
>>
>>27783460
Bullet goblin made me laugh!

I keep meaning to get a safe. I need one.
>>
>>27783466
>Japanese exchange student
>Montana
Missoula?
>>
>>27783482
OK, I know.
>hobby

Whatever. Until we convince them guns aren't the devil, refer to it as a hobby.
>>
What's everyone's stance on sharing ammo with friends?

I buy my shit in bulk for real cheap in advance incase I go shooting with a noguns friend and just let them buy my ammo off me for the same price I bought it for so they don't go wasting 18 bucks on a 50 round box of 9mm.
>>
>>27783515
Sounds pretty good. Just make sure you bring more than you personally plan on using.
>>
>>27783128
The four rules repeat themselves too much. Whoever wrote them assumed that everybody is an idiot, but made the rules too long and convoluted for even idiots to memorize. What I tell people:
>Only point the gun downrange. Up is safe too, if you can't point it downrange.
>Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire.
For a designated shooting range (indoor or outdoor), that's all that anybody with a brain needs to hear. If we are shooting in the wild, I will add:
>Confirm that your target and everything behind it is safe to destroy.

For shooting fundamentals, I'll stress the following, in the following order. Keep in mind that shooting is a very difficult skill. A newbie will likely not master even the fundamentals on the first time out. It's important to have an order in which you prioritize skills that will yield the best results for the least effort, to be taught first.
>Align the front sight inside the rear sight notch so the tops of the sights are even with each other. Focusing on the front sight, this is your sight picture.
>Align your sight picture so it covers your target.
Don't complicate things by talking about a 6 o'clock hold or even proper grip/stance/trigger control right off the bat. Start with the sights and targets at short range. If they can align their sights, it's possible for them to hit the target a few times even with poor grip and poor trigger control before they start flinching, which is good for keeping their enthusiasm up through the rest of the lesson.
>Grip the handgun so it is in line with your dominant arm. Hold it TIGHTLY.
>Grip your other hand around your dominant hand and squeeze TIGHTLY.
(For long guns, make sure they are holding the buttstock TIGHTLY against their shoulder, are leaning forward, and their support hand is in a place where it will actually support the gun's weight.)
>Try to concentrate on pulling the trigger straight back.
I usually don't get much farther than that with a first-timer.
>>
>>27783515
I pay for the ammo and range time, they buy lunch
>charging noguns for the ammo
hopefully you don't do this for their first time shooting
>>
>>27783534
You can let them know how much it costs and how much you put in so they can have fun. Might make them appreciate it more
>>
I take no-guns to an indoor range that forces them to take an on hand safety course if they haven't shot there before and don't possess any sort of firearms ID or LEO/Military ID.
I give a crash course in my home before we go but I prefer an RO handle first timers when it comes to live firing.
>>
>>27783515
I do the same thing. First time I never charge for ammo because they don't shoot much typically and its kind of low class. Afterwards though I let them know how much a box is and let them decide how much they wanna shoot.
>>
>>27783128
Just teach them the four rules and then whatever.

I usually drip feed pointers in order of how important I think they are if they are having a hard time.

But you should really let them shoot as soon as you've made sure they understand not to kill you.
>>
>>27783431
Kinda similar story:
>at campsite, been hiking all day
>pull my .45 redhawk out of my holster, unload it
>kinda dusty, so I clean it a bit
>britbong family on vacation at the next campsite are fascinated
>britbong dad is genuinely curious about american gun laws/culture
>wife... well I wouldnt call her a soccer mom anti-funner but shes got that borderline screetchy/flighty look to her about it
>as I clean the weapon I explain its cycle of operation, safety features, saftey rules, ya know, beginner level stuff
>britmom calms down once she realizes guns arent the One ring of sauron, im not going to murder them all in thier sleep just because it told me to
>kids asking typical kid questions, where do the boolets go, how loud is it etc etc
>i put it back together, set it on the stump im using as a table
>putting cleaning kit back in my bag, keep in mind im only sitting half an arms reach from my gun
>notice snatching flicker of movement out of the corner of my eye in the half second that im looking away to pick up the rag i dropped
>look up into the barrel of my own pistol 6 inches from my nose
>thier fucking toddler snatched it
>"BANG BANG HAHA YOURE DEAD!" As he pumps the trarent
>good thing I unloaded it......
>little fucker drops it in the dirt and runs off cackling
>brit family LOOSES THIER SHIT
>calls the police, have to deal with them
>cops response "good thing you unloaded it"
>im just thinking "jesus fuck this whole scene didnt start out as a soccer mom story, that little shit just erased a significant diplomatic event from our community to some folks from abroad
>I never lose positive control when kids are running around anymore. Those fuckers are sneaky, and fuckin FAST
>>
>>27783560
>I never charge for ammo because they don't shoot much typically and its kind of low class.

I have this exact same feeling so I asked. I don't want to be that guy who pulls out a calculator after counting how many rounds someone shoots and charging them the exact number or some some equally autistic thing like that.
>>
>>27783510
Naw, podunk little hick town about 70 miles west of zootown
>>
>>27783515
With all the anti shit going on right now what we need is numbers and variety. If anyone I/a friend knows is interested in learning to shoot I have a full ammo can waiting for them, no pay back necessary. I want to come across as open and friendly to anyone and everyone interested in the sport. I've taught over a dozen people to shoot, only about four stuck with it, but the others have no ill will towards shooters and I've seen one argue with an anti-gunner over what an idiot they were being for fearing an inanimate object

Is it strange that I think about the bigger picture so much?
>>
>>27783128
I haven't and I honestly never want to
>>
>>27783608
my nigga. I've got three people at my where I work to go shooting with me and they all liked it.

I can agree it's worth the ammo and cost to get people interested in guns. One of my buddies wants to get a sig p226 as his first gun since I let him shoot mine
>>
>>27783552
That will only cause any friend worth his salt to feel guilty/overly indebted to you.
>>
>>27783656
Then don't. Whatever just make sure they don't shoot their own dicks off.
>>
>>27783592
so they called the cops on you... because their kid touched your gun?
>>
>>27783595
I knew a guy like that. He was an old retired fun-salesman who used to specialize in NFA items and dealer samples, moved into the house down the road from mine (I live really remote, so a mile away is still my neighbor)
Bump into eachother on the property line, hes out shooting his MP5 SD innawoods. We talk guns for a bit, he offers to let me shoot his dealer sample fun mode MP5. Im always really reluctant to shoot up other peoples ammo, but fuck, im not ever gonna get an opportunity like this again. Blast through a full mag in fun mode.
Thank the guy, we talk more gun stuff. I go to leave and hes like "yeah, just remember, you owe me 5 bucks for ammo"
He was fuckin dead serious too. I actually opened up my wallet and handed him a 5 because he was acting all pissed when I laughed about it.
Guy was cool, let me finger bang all of his cool toys, but he was a 110% sperg lord about ammo every single time.
I mean I would get it if I was intruding and asking him to fire shit but he would legitimately hand guys a loaded gun then demand payment for ammo afterwards.
>>
>>27783672
Yeah, the screetchy bitch did.
They moved campsites in a big huff when the cop got tired of explaining that it was a fire arms accidental death prevented by good gun safety, he sarcastically pointed out that theyd essentially called him because thier kid attempted to commit murder with a stolen gun. I was just pissed with myself. As soon as I was done cleaning it shoulda re-holstered. I dont have any brats, so I forget how grabby they can get.
>>
>>27783128
>>proper breathing technique
>>trigger control
i'd say just let em shoot safely till they get comfortable and then see if they're receptive to suggestions. If you load them up with too much beyond general safety and function then they are more than likely to break one or more of the rules. first time shooters shouldn't be worried about getting TYTE GROOPS.

>1st range day
>safety & function education with shooting to break the ice and get the first shot jitters out of the way.

>2nd range day
>if they maintain safety, start working on shooting fundamentals

>3rd range day
>if they stuck around this long then it's time for them to consider getting their own firearm (if they're old enough)

pretty sure this was mentioned in some way, just want to reinforce.
>>
First time shooter will be nervous, which is fine. Just don't let it turn into jokey-jokey take my picture time. Load one bullet at a time. Don't let him or her cut off right thumb if shooting a 1911.
Most folks don't have a point of reference for how serious it is to not be in control of a firearm or sweeping someone.
>>
>>27783295
Interesting. Never heard of it referred to as Schrodinger's gun before.

>take new-to-funs friend out to range
>he brings along his CoD kiddie little brother
>i think he was like 14
>know it all attitude
>give the kid a rundown of gun saftey
>finger goes here, eyeball goes here, don't point it at people
>"but if it has no bullets in it, why can't I point it at people?"
>tell him its for safety as well as courtesy reasons
>"but it makes no sense"
>lil nigga this ain't no toy
>"but"
>listen to me or you're not shooting
>"whatever"
>he sits in the car for the rest of the day
>>
>>27783592
>>britbong family on vacation at the next campsite are fascinated
>>britbong dad is genuinely curious about american gun laws/culture
You need to learn to recognize the difference between genuine curiosity and patronization. If the dad was genuinely curious, he'd be asking what the recoil is like, how you like carrying it, how he can buy one himself, and so forth. Likely, this man was asking you about why you carry, when it's allowed, when it's not, and why. I hate to use a PC term made up by the Left, but him asking you about America's gun culture and gun laws was a micro-aggression.

It's like someone from America going to France and asking a person there if they REALLY eat escargot and how they eat it and what kinds there are. The American has no intention of making escargot into their new favorite food; he only wants to examine a oddity under a magnifying glass so as to confirm his existing opinion of it.
>>
I've brought out 2 noguns people to break their cherry at shooting. 1 of them did fine after firing the first shot and getting used to the sounds of higher calibers going off next to them. The other one though no matter how much I stressed it had the worst trigger finger discipline ever, I told him every single time and they just kept repeating the mistake over and over. Both of them enjoyed it though and changed their noguns mindset.
>>
>>27783801
>>27783801
Had a similar kid tell me some bullshit about having a SCAR with a heartbeat sensor. I told him if he brought me a genuine heartbeat sensor I would give him every gun I owned for it so I could sell the worlds first non-fictional heartbeat sensor to the DOD for a couple million.
>>27783828
Thats actually really good to know, hadnt ever thought about it like that but I think youre right.
>>
>>27783608
This is so true
There is no greater weapon the antis can use to enflame liberal folks who are on the fence about the issue than saying "Its mostly a middle aged privledged white male thing"
We need to get the LGBT community into shooting, we need feminists arguing that no rich white privledged male senator is going to take away thier independant strong womans right to defense away.

As much as we dislike these groups, I would rather have them on my side than on the opposition.
>>
>>27783828
What's wrong with the term microaggression? Fits perfectly here and there's no existing term for it. Hell, since the dad may have not meant to be offensive, the term makes even more sense.
>>
>>27783608
Not at all, man. The world needs more people like you.
>>
>>27783919
>What's wrong with the term microaggression?
The way its used to absolutely destroy someone's culture with PC guilt. The important thing to recognize is how you react to patronization, and not how you make the patronizer feel guilty for the culture that shaped him.
>>
>>27783919
>>
>>27783949
I find that image inesely interesting from a psychological viewpoint. Theres just so much going on there in how it was set up.......
>>
>>27783906
>lgbt
When I was out in Cali for school I turned my gay friends on...

To the idea of going through the hoops to get a ccw. They had concerns of being targeted for violence because they are gay.

We can really get traction for gun rights if we turn more of the minority groups with the fact that they can actually defend themselves against thugs and racist hicks.
>>
>>27783964
Lol were so far down the PC rabbit hole that accepting others as your own is now discrimination!
>>
>>27783949
Eh. The way I understand it, microaggressons are largely based off ignorance or stupidity, not always malice. Informing the person politely of your viewpoint is well and good, but blaming the person using them is bad since it's most likely not purposeful.
I'm agreeing with you BTW, I just figure I have different reasons so I'm sharing.

>>27783970
That's sort of a bonus with the black guy. He's saying his friend isn't really black (like him) because he doesn't smoke. No True Scotsman and all that. Happens to me all the time since I don't speak Patuah and all my family is Jamaican.
>>
>>27783988
It's actually kind of a logical progression of the Civil Rights Movement. We've convinced all blacks that they are victims, since slavery and Jim Crow laws apparently are still affecting young blacks born in the past 20 years. Then Latinos and Asians hijacked Affirmative Action because they somehow think that they are the same as blacks. I don't think many blacks understand just how damaging the term "Person of Color" is to their own rights. Affirmative Action was implemented because black people have such a unique history in this country. Just because someone is not white doesn't mean they are entitled to the same special treatment. Since Latinos and Asians tend to be smarter and more academically-oriented than blacks on average, they went to great lengths to dissect their newfound victim complex, propagate their newfound victim complex and generally bring it into the mainstream. The result was modern PC culture.
>>
>>27783979
I always thought the rights biggest failure has been not reaching out to these groups. For people who are all about personal liberty I think conservatives show just as much tendency towards trying to run other peoples lives as the liberals do, just on different issues.
Honestly the way I see it our entire political system is just one giant morality police just with two factions that have differing ideas of morality but both want to shove thier personal agendas down everyone elses throats.
I think polarization in politics is why everything is so fucked up. Like youre either a flaming gay black/asian/hispanic mix transgender liberal who hates guns or a beer drankin gun totin bible thumpin white.
There is no reason a gay genderfluid tuna sandwich-kin cant like guns too. I might find them annoying as fuck, but "shall not be infringed" applies to them too, and we need to convince them that even if they DONT enjoy shooting, they stand to lose too if it gets taken away.

Because its more than just owning guns, its a legal precadent that people can start erasing or ignoring the rest of the bill of rights.
Its an arguement that doesnt carry as much weight as it used to that if guns get taken away free speech, religion, political affiliarion, expression, and assembly all will soon follow. Partially because its been over used but also because people have quit viewing the bill of rights as it is supposed to be. Its not a list of things were allowed to do, its a list of things nobody is permitted to tell you not to do.
People dont understand the legal process or the concept that when you erase a clause or an article on such a legal document you throw the legitimasuchof the entire thing into question.
>>
>>27784011
No, I get that. Im talking about the desperate plea for attention it is.
You got these poor victimized looking people in a traditional mugshot style view holding what are essentially just random comments anyone makes with zero intent or thought behind them like theyre suffering under the heel of some sort of horrid label. But it doesnt stop there, no they also gotta post thier name and locale too, because they dont just wanna play the victim card, they want to recieve recognition for it too.
>>
>>27783988
Haha after reading that chart all I could think of was how contradictory it was. The rabbit hole goes deep my no gender/some genders/all genders person of no color/person of A color/person of all colors comrade the revolution is nearly complete.
>>
>>27783128
>I plan on loading 1 round at a time
A million times this. I would say abut 85-90% of the times I have ever been muzzle swept is after a new shooter takes their first shot and they feel the need to really express how they feel. you can tell them a hundred times before you hand them the firearm but they will probably forget it in the excitement of the moment.
>>
>>27784185
"We will know our brainwashing program is complete when everything that the public believes is a lie.
>>
>>27784185
>you are racist for asking questions about another culture
>you are racist for complimenting another culture
>you are racist for accepting thier culture

Well shit, and here I was thinking I was just a well travled inquisitive sort. Turns out all those visits to foreing places and conversations with foreign people was really OPPRESSION!!!
well time to go take my estrogem and allow 4 different races of men to fuck me in the ass before they send me off to the re-education camps.
>>
>>27783964
>contradict their first statement with their last statement
holy fuck
>>
>>27784210
I would love that book more if using its quotes wasnt the literary equivalent of calling your opposition a nazi.
I laugh so hard at both left and right pointing at eachother across the aisle and screaming "EEEEEEEEK A FASCIST!!!!"
>>
>>27783608
Are you me?
>>
>>27784257
Theyve probably got some mental gymnastics and a whole list of fallacies to explain why its not contradictory. Soon we wont need such explanations though. Thats the glory of doublethink comrade!
By the way, did you hear our chocolate ration is set to increase from 4 ounces a week to 3!!!! Double plus good comrade!
2+2=5
>>
>>27784054
I'm going to speak out of my ass here for a bit, feel free to disregard, but my opinion on the whole thing is "learnt helplessness".

I'm black, and I'm pretty average I think. Back in High School, I was in a remedial Chemistry class due to a clerical error. Since the class was easy, I always got As, even without studying.
Majority of the black kids there thought I was a genius for this, even though it was no real effort for me. Majority of the time, they'd try and ask me to pair with them for labs, or cheat off me (politely, they'd ask if they could see my sheet, or what the answer was). I quickly got tired of this, because I'm a goody two-shoes who's paranoid that the teacher who can barely speak English and doesn't understand sarcasm is going to catch me, and so I'd usually trick them into getting the answers by themselves by walking them through the process. Even then, they'd usually come back to me a few seconds later to double-check. Majority never tried at all.

However, when I got them to do it themselves, or pretended I didn't understand it either, they did it fine and did it without constantly asking for help.
The final conformation to me of this was when a guy I helped a lot said "I was a genius, one of those niggas who were going out of the hood".
Even though he could do the problem himself just as well as me, even though he was actually BETTER than me in regards to certain subjects (writing especially, the guy could string together 4 minute long raps off the top of his head, each with a coherent story and plot) he thought I was smarter.
Reason being was he thought I was inherently this good, and he wasn't. Learnt helplessness meant that he always thought that you were either good, or not. Getting good is out of the question.
And if you're black, you're not good. Period.
AA's nice and all in theory, but it just reinforces the thought that black people need extra help.
>>
File: image_82.jpg (21 KB, 255x242) Image search: [Google]
image_82.jpg
21 KB, 255x242
>>27784325
>affirmative action is nice
>>
>>27784423
> in theory
>>
>>27784468
No, not in theory either you nigger
>>
>>27784325
I agree with your statement but learnt helplessness is a similar but different concept.
The phrase came from a psych experiment in the 50's where they electrified dogs in a cage in repeated cycles and eventually the dogs quit trying to escape and just lay there listlessly silently absorbing the abuse.

Its supposed to be used to describe battered women or children, but its kind of a dated concept since they are finding that human responses to stuff are a lot more complex and in social environments there are a lot of factors at play that cant be accounted for on anything except a person to person basis.
I had to write an entire 20 page thesis on why so many black people dont make attempts to better thier situation. Learned helplessness is a factor though so youre on the right track.
Cultural values are also a big one, which get heavily enforced by media. How many black guys are celebrated for being chemists and physicists? Now ask, how often is it other black people doing the praise? Or is it just another "put the black guy in the front row of the class photo" style deal? What media is targeting black people and what is it saying they need to do to be sucessful? If you answer that you will see why so few black folks value such things in comparison to other minorities, cuz I can tell ya right now rappers aint talking about getting degrees, and everybodys favorite nigga from CERN doesnt have an endorsement deal with nike.
Seriously, look at black media. Its a sea of "athletes, rappers, thugs" blaring over and over. Then people wonder why black folks dont ever even consider education to be valuable, or even value it enough to bother trying at it. Its a sort of self sustaining feedback loop of media filling a demand for that content, which creates more demand, which creates more content....
You seem like a decent sort. Its rare I find somebody raise thier head above it and start thinking about why cultural traits become self enforcing. Keep it up!!!
>>
>>27784423
You literally got so butt-flustered at those 4 words you didnt finish the sentence before firing off a post. He said its nice on paper, but doesnt work in reality.
>>
I taught my younger cousin how to shoot. Shes a san francisco hipster who didnt know shit about guns other than that they are dangerous.

I took her to BLM instead of a range so there were no distractions. Brought a ruger 10/22 and markII, a sig 226, a 1911, and very heavy 308 bolt rifle with my best muzzle brake.

Gave her the firearms rules, dont point at people, always down range etc...

Gave her the 10/22 first, had her dry fire a bunch of times, then i shot 10 rnds from the hip to show there is no recoil. Gave her the gun, had her shoot from the hip a few rounds then had her shoot it from the shoulder properly. After about 50 rnds or so, and her being able to align sights properly, i switched her to the mkII, which is a 22lr handgun. I shot it a few times, then had her shoot. By this point she was familiarized enough, and i brought out the 226. I had her shoot a couple shot unaimed, so that she could loosen up and know what to expect from the recoil. Then i had her do propper form etc, and when she got used to gun and was able to hit targets, i switched to 1911. She didnt like shooting the 1911 because it was too heavy to hold up. And she preferred shooting 226. I then brought out my bolt rifle had her bench shoot it, after 5 rounds she didnt like it(i dont own a smaller caliber rifle besides the 10/22). She then shot my 226 until it was sunset and we had to leave.

The next month she bought a cz75 p01, and loves it.
>>
>>27784011

yeah it's like the whole concept of "(insert group) privilege". it's shorthand for "going through life in whatever society while being a black dude (or asian or hispanic or a girl or not straight) is going to have a bunch of ways it's a bit more difficult/you don't get the benefit of the doubt that whoever's in power has". which is statistically valid based on the fact that people are unconscious about it, and we make assumptions about people because we want to categorize people and project our prior experiences of a group onto the next member of the group we met because that's how we survived when we had tribal warfare.

but terming it "privilege" shuts down the conversation. because how do you tell a poor white guy from Minnesota that he's got "white privilege" when his entire family is on meth or heroin and foodstamps?
>>
I just did this with a coworker two weeks ago.

Meet up the night befote, bring the rifle, and physically show them what you're talking about. Then, have them demonstrate what you just said whilst holding the rifle. It'll also familiarize them with it.

Don't push them to shoot at crazy distances. If they've never shot befote, 300 yards may be more of a turn off than anything. Have them perforate paper at 100. It's easy enough to help them get the bug.

Also, shoot the gun first. Put a few mags through it to help them get the idea. Stress safety. If it jams, etc, ask them to put the weapon down on the bench and step back.

I also said something that apparently stuck.

"Imagine there is a laser coming out of the barrel. Anything that laser hits, you could potentially kill. So make sure that point is always in a safe direction.
>>
>>27784618
I didn't know lasers made parabolic arcs
>>
>>27784571
I've thought similar things. Its basically just a panic mode button to nuke the conversation if it comes close to not being favorable for the SJW. Its similar to the race card but a bit more complex, and a lot more versatile. Just blurting out "YOURE A RACIST!!!" doesnt always cut it, so its useful to have a catch all term where they can simply say "nothing you say matters because you cannot possibly relate" while also implying culpability in the real or percieved oppression they are talking about and playing off of nearby nuetral parties natural human instinct to resent others who have a real or percieved advantage.
And as you said, the irony is that in itself the statement fits thier own definition of racism (All white people are rich so they never need any help and should be allowed to take part in my conversations!!!)
"Educate yourself" is also a great one.....
>>
not sure if this was posted yet but if youre taking a woman out shooting try and teach her not to hold the rifle over her shoulder like its a fucking rocket launcher
>>
>>27783828
I don't think it's quite this complicated. The reason the questions don't get specific is because the curiosity isn't about the gun or their use but rather about the involved culture. You ask about specifics to get an impression of what it's like to be a whole. It's not aggressive, just general.
>>
>>27783979
This. I've always advocated getting feminists into it; they're sure as hell not going to buy into the idea that they should just let themselves be raped
>>
File: WHY.jpg.jpg (176 KB, 1000x1733) Image search: [Google]
WHY.jpg.jpg
176 KB, 1000x1733
>>27784556
>had her shoot from the hip a few rounds
>>
>>27783529
>Whoever wrote them assumed that everybody is an idiot
When you call tech support for an appliance or electronics, the first questions they ask are "is it plugged in?" and "is it turned on?". Many people are ignorant of how their computer works, just as many are ignorant of how guns work.
>>
>>27783529
>The four rules repeat themselves too much

That is kind of the point; to not only nd but to hurt someone with it one would have to break more than one of the rules.
Built in redundancy because everybody is an idiot until they prove otherwise.
>>
>>27784886
>>27784972
My point is, the Four Rules are good as comprehensive guidelines for gun safety, but not good directions to a beginning shooter. They cover practically all possible situations well, but can be distilled further for just one single situation.

When you are at a shooting range, shooting guns one gun at a time, directly supervising the beginning shooter, there's no need to tell them to both "treat every gun as if it were loaded" and "always point the muzzle in a safe direction." The first one is going to be obvious, since we're at a range (and that rule is really intended for handling guns outside of a range anyway), while with the second one, it isn't necessarily obvious which way is a "safe" direction. Thus, I just tell people "point the gun down range at all times, but if for some reason you can't do that, 'up' is the next safest direction." It's a tangible instruction for how they should act, and I think it's more practical for babby's first trip to the shooting range than to drill the Four Rules into their head.
>>
>>27783128
I took my Dad here in the UK and he immediately asked me to print off the application forms.
That was like a month and a half ago that he paid the fee (I know, it's shit) and he's still waiting.
The UK is suffering.
>>
>>27784540
And I said it's not nice on paper either you fucking welfare nigger
>>
>>27785008
You also risk indicating that shooting is aa mess of rules and ultimately a drag. I made this mistake taking someone flying once. I set up a flight out to an island for sightseeing. For the uninitiated, the radio load for visual flight rules general aviation is mostly just courtesy and caution outside of towered airports. It's really very free and minimally regulated. I'm a cautious person though, and I like to help out other traffic by making it clear where I am and what I'm doing. Aviation equivalent of always signaling, basically. It makes things a lot easier when you're looking for hazards. The problem is it gives the impression (particularly after preflight briefings, which go a lot like range briefings and have to cover what happens if everything is on fire) that flying is both phenomenally dangerous and almost entirely remotely commanded rather than fairly free and reasonably safe. It sends a mixed message. When we talk them into it we're telling them guns/planes are easy, safe, and fun. When it comes down to it we're telling them the opposite. Has to be a better way.
>>
File: -1408483102929.jpg (180 KB, 980x731) Image search: [Google]
-1408483102929.jpg
180 KB, 980x731
>>27785041
>>27784423
>>27784509
You people forget that segregation was a thing up until the middle of the last century. Blacks do have a unique history of being kept apart from white society and perhaps of being kept from rising in the ranks of white society. Affirmative Action made sense at the time it was implemented. It doesn't make sense anymore, but It hasn't been very long since it stopped making sense for being applied to blacks.

What never made sense is using AA laws for other minorities who never experienced things like segregation or racist laws.
>>
>>27785091
Not to mention that when you drill a bunch of rules into their head, but only really need them to focus on two of them, the extra information distracts from the important parts. I don't care if they don't confirm what's behind their target when we're at an indoor shooting range... that rule simply doesn't apply to that situation. All I care about is that they keep the guns pointed down range and keep their finger off the trigger until they're ready to fire.
>>
>>27783128
You have safety covered. The next thing I like to teach people I take shooting for the first time is how much ammo costs. Take them to a store so they can look at ammo prices.

I once took this guy I work with shooting for his first time and brought my guns and ammo while he paid for the range time. The next day he said I owned him lunch to cover the range fees... That was the last time I went shooting with him.
>>
>>27785125
Skyfag anon again

It's worth remembering when we're introducing people to these things that it means more to us to introduce it to them than it does to them to be introduced. They don't know what they're missing, and until afterwards they don't care one way or another. If they don't like it or sort of like it and you paid for it you were doing them a favor. If you split costs and they don't feel like it was worth if, they lose interest immediately. I would even avoid letting on how much it costs. I had to mention costs once and it didn't do me any favors.
>>
>>27784747
you're forgetting the fact it's basically the dream of every feminist to be raped by a white middle-class man. It's like a right of passage for femanazis. Once they've been raped they can default back to it to try and win every argument, even if it's irrelevant, they also get to scream triggering when someone waves a courgette at them and generally go about oppressing the male race.
>>
>>27785189
>it's basically the dream of every feminist to be raped by a white middle-class man
> the dream of every feminist to be raped
>raped

Someone spends too much time on /pol/
>>
Not to muzzle sweep
TRIGGER DISCIPLINE.

They'll figure out the rest.
>>
File: range day.png (8 KB, 537x412) Image search: [Google]
range day.png
8 KB, 537x412
Took a couple friends.
One of them goes to shoot.
I look away.
Look back, he's got the end of the slide up to his eye as he's squeezing the trigger.
Shout, "Stop!"
He stopped.
>>
>>27785217
I know, women can't be raped. They're designed to be dominated and inserted into.
ONly men can be raped because they are not designed to have sex forced onto them.
>>
>>27785217

what he said is perfectly understandable, I don't see why you're so confused.
>>
>>27784844
because when you have the gun up and aiming, you start to feel stressed and tighten up. This way you shoot a few rounds off without those worries to get acclimated to the recoil, then you shoot proper.
>>
>>27785217
>women know what they want
>>
File: 586_3.jpg (542 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
586_3.jpg
542 KB, 1536x2048
Many times I've taken noguns out to shoot my pistols with me. I always take the opportunity to explain to them why Canada's gun laws are re-fucking-tarded. I must've taken some 10 people who've never (or hardly) shot before.
>>
File: pistolas023_zpseb874538.jpg (85 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
pistolas023_zpseb874538.jpg
85 KB, 800x531
when they are learning just chamber one round. so when they shoot it if they gripped the gun like a fag and it fell on the ground nothing of significance was lost except your shitty ugly ass DIY duracoat paintjob you followed a youtube video on how to do.
>>
>>27787752
>a britbong trying to make a contribution on /k/
>can't even string up a post without projecting like a buttmad babby
lmfao what a joke
>>
All my stories are boring and I generally don't have any problems.
It's like, I'm just generally competent.
>>
>>27783466
I'm interested in what some of these "hilarious misconceptions" are.
>>
>>27787752
When letting a friend shoot my 4" .44mag, I always only load 1 bullet into cylinder for first shot.
It's not as bad as a .500 S&W but still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4OE78spknk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8NDGxzlfo4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlBzUVK6Gso
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe3ompzpJl8
>>
>>27788764
>holding the gun with the stock against the shoulder, right hand in front of the mag well, left hand almost at the muzzle
>thinking guns exploding is a regular occurrence
>thinking richochets come straight back at you
>thinking expended brass can explode
>thinking live brass needs to be handled like nitro glycerin
>thinking 50 yards is "long range" (seriously, when I told them I can hit targets at 500 meters they asked if it was a sniper)
>and standard assortment of noguns "assault weapons are scary and dangerous" type stuff
>>
>>27788906
This is often the case.
>>
>>27788846
I have one of those 1911 long slide magnums that AMT made chambered in .30 carbine.
Its always a joke for me to hand it to a new shooter with 1 round in it (not 1st time shooter mind you) but novices whove only fired my 9mm up to that point. Its barrel diameter is actually smaller so they ALWAYS assume its lower caliber. BOOOM! fuckin foot long muzzle blast, enough concussion to slap your face and a kick like a mule, its always fun to watch thier eyes go wide and yell "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!" that was your very first shot of a magnum pistol my freind, savour it.....
>>
>>27783128
proper grip is one of the things i took for granted
>take sister (who has shot a gun a few times) and nofuns friend to range
>when friend shoots it it stovepipes 90 % of the time
>cant figure out why, thought it was cheap ammo
> range guy notices and tells her shes holding it bad and wrist is weak
>still a shit shot but at least it only stovepipes 1% of the time now.

and thats how i realized you have to show nofuns how to properly hold a gun
>>
>>27788927
They had a much more cartoonish concept/fear of it though.
>>
>>27783143
Bring a table to avoid this.

Guns stay on the table at all times, pointed downrange. So after they shoot, they clear it then set it down. They don't touch anything at any other times, you put them on the table and you put them back in the car. None of this walking back & forth from the car to the firing line thing. I learned one of my friends has a learning disability this way. I told the fucktard to keep it pointed up at least 15 times but he wanted to carry it low ready like an operator.
>>
>>27788906

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABGIJwiGBc
>>
>>27783128

only load one round first on each type of firearm or with serious caliber upgrades
>>
File: 1441684997380.jpg (18 KB, 254x276) Image search: [Google]
1441684997380.jpg
18 KB, 254x276
Yes the rules but the biggest thing i had is with supporting the weapon.

I figured if i brought this chick with me it'd be all fine and dandy on the pistol range.

Turns out her hands are to small. So small a S&W shield in 9mm was too big. I let her shoot the Marlin 60 i had and chick leaned.

So best bet is to have a bench shoot.

Don't plan on one singular day to have someone familiar with guns. There's gonna be a lot of chick lean and weak support.
>>
>noguns friend
>let him shoot my nagant revolver, and 9mm hi power
>hes got that newbie enthusiam thats refreshing to see
>he buys his own ammo, gives me the brass as payment for the shooting lessons since I reload
>finally get him to the point where he can shoot on his own
>let him borrow my nagant pistol since I trust him and if he drops it or something its not the end of the world.
>he shows up at my house one day while im reloading, hes so excited because he bought his first pistol
>off arms list
>uh oh, newbie gun buyer on armslist is a terrible idea
>slaps a pistol down on the tabe, beaming with enthusiasm
>the guy said its just as good as a glock, and it only cost $500 dollars
>its a fucking hi point
>my friend still has a lot to learn.......
>>
>>27783295

the "all guns are loaded" doesn't mean you can be ignorant about it. Yes know the condition of the firearm you thick tard, it's about how you TREAT the firearm, not about guessing if it's loaded.

>this shit ain't hard
>>
>>27783460

niggeryourebeingpedantic.exe
>>
>>27783534

First time shooting should always be free.

Unless they make you shoot big shit, but I still let em blast a few rounds of some special shit.

spread that firey firey love /k/omrade
>>
>>27783608
>>27783608
>>27783608

fucking this.
>>
My noguns is my dad. He had never fired a gun before coming with me to the range. The weird thing is that he bought a couple of guns beforehand.
>>
>>27789127
It's like drugs. First hit's on the house.
>>
>>27785464
>>27784844

it's unorthodox but ill allow it
>>
Took a British chick out to shoot once in a large group. The thing that seems to shy away people new to shooting is recoil. Even guns that seem tame are terrifying to some. Bring some 22's, and double up on the hearing protection.

I regret that at the time I didn't have a Ruger Mk III, or 10/22.
>>
>>27783949
Homosexuality IS against Islam.
>>
Had a korean neighbor, which is wierd where I live because its like 99.99999% white. Hes a retired doctor with grown up kids, decided to buy a home defense pistol but knew little about them. He spotted me going to the woods for a shoot one day and asked, so I took him along. It turned into a pattern and we're shooting buddies now. He settled on a .40 S&W hi power.
Guys cool as fuck too, turns out he was a child refugee from north korea, grew up an orphan in the south. He remembered Marines giving him food and a jacket so as a teen he decided to earn his citizenship to the USA by enlisting in the navy as a Corpsman, went greenside and served in Nam before getting his medical degree. We've lived next door to eachother for a decade and no idea we were both vets.
>>
>>27785416
Holy kek, that drawing..

Was he smiling like that too?
>>
>>27789167
Interesting. Could you elaborate on this story?
>>
>>27783295
>Schrodinger's gun...
Interdasting.
>>
>>27783828
>The American has no intention of making escargot into their new favorite food; he only wants to examine a oddity under a magnifying glass so as to confirm his existing opinion of it.

What? It's possible to be interested in both a cultural and functional way of something. If an american asks about something to determine if the thing he is planning to try is for him isn't a 'microagression', which is a bullshit sociological term anyway, it's curiosity.
>>
>>27789099
>just as good as a glock, and it only cost $500 dollars
I really hope this is fake because there is no way your friend isn't penniless from constantly being conned if he is that damn stupid.
>>
>>27789099
>things that didn't happen; the post
>>
>>27789515
Boring story.

He lives in California. Heard that SSE was ending (workaround for the safe handgun roster BS; this was 2014) so he wanted to get something before it became hard to get. Ends up with a Mk25 and a VP9. He didn't actually shoot them til 4 months later when he visited Nevada and we went to the Clark County complex together.

Like I said, boring story
>>
File: sweating.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
sweating.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
>>27783128
I take completer newbies shooting every week as part of my job. Today we had a ND, thankfully the shotgun was pointed down range.
It's really fucking stressful when you are running a group of 20 woman, none of whom have fired a gun before.
>>
>>27789883
He did buy im afraid. Hes not a clueless idiot on most stuff, just ignorant of guns.
I think everybody has a newbie story where they got really excited by something, then look back on it once they are expierienced and realize it was just a gimmick.
For me it was .50 caliber rifles. I grew up with guns but as a teen just KNEW that i needed to have something chambered in .50 BMG. Saved up my shekels and my dad pointed out that unless I planned on getting into serious 1000+ yard shooting competetition I would just be buying an oversized noise maker for the sake of saying I had one. Didnt say I couldnt buy it, just pointed out that there were far more practical things to spend my money on.
Its a learning expierience we all go through.
>>
>>27789283
In the minds of Liberals, you can't insult Islam in any way or even insinuate that it's not our lord and savior, or else you are an ISLAMOPHOBE!!
>>
>>27789873
I didn't say that it wasn't bullshit.
>>
>>27789949
You can't say something is bullshit and wholly subscribe to it.
>>
>>27789936
>just ignorant of guns.
he didn't have google?
>>
File: omg.jpg (27 KB, 300x350) Image search: [Google]
omg.jpg
27 KB, 300x350
>>27783128
>take noguns dad to shoot innawoods
>teach him how not to point the gun at stuff you're not willing to destroy
>how to trigger discipline
>how to bolt action gun
>how to check to see if gun is unloaded
>dad doesn't give a fuck
>how to point at safe direction
>how to observe chamber, verify feeding path, check inside the bore
>how to safety
>how to not point it at people
>hand him the gun
>he fires and turns his body towards me
>mfw he pointed gun at me
>>
>>27789956
I don't wholly subscribe to it. Where did you get that idea.
>>
>>27789936

I paid $400 dollars for a Ruger 10/22, the day after I bought it and had put rounds through it I did some research and found them for $220.

This was a month ago. Fuck Cabelas :(
>>
>>27790058
Yeah, I paid 300 for an SKS, keep in mind this was back in 1999 when you could get them for around half that much easy.
>>
>>27790058
>>27790074

Holy fuck its 530am. I should sleep

I read over my post like 4 times before I submitted and still missed my dollars dollars
>>
File: sensiblechuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
sensiblechuckle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>27790058

>the day after I bought it and had put rounds through it I did some research
>>
>>27789959
I think he got excited. Youve never seen a cool thing, not even a gun mind you, and been like $900!!!? I HAVE 900 BUCKS!!!
then you start imagining all the fun you could have with it, how cool it will be, how it will feel in your hands, how cool your friends will think it is? Had a close call with the UTS-15 about two years ago. Glad I waited and read around, but I actually almost bought it. I call it buyers tunnel vision.
Hes also moderately wealthy so losing $500 bucks on a gun isnt quite the blow to him that it would be to you or I. Mostly just hurt his pride.
>>
>>27783281
This. It should be just the two rules. Keep your finger off the trigger and keep it pointed in a safe direction at all times. No need to over complicate and confuse.
>>
>>27783259
>wtf is 'the four rules'?
No gun here.. britfag
>>
>>27785491
>Candians or Americans complaining about their gun laws
you chucklefucks don't even realize how lucky you are

shut up

Yes I mad
>>
>>27789050
SHIIIIIT
>>
>>27789959
>>27789883
>>27789898

Wait what, you seriously dont know instances of shit like that happening?

Fucks sake, i have a uncle who always buys his powertools in our nations version of a walmart, despite him having learned carpenter as youth. And he still doesnt learn, despite shit breaking down constantly.

Hell, I have a cousin who recentlly sold a ass old car for 1200euros, despite it not beeing worth 600
>>
>>27790168
1: treat every weapon as if it were loaded
2: never point a weapon at something you do not intend to shoot.
3: keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you intend to fire
4: keep the weapon on safe until you intend to fire.

(Sometimes theres 5) know your target and what lies beyond/inbetween
>>
>>27790912
Your #4 is bullshit and number 5 should be the 4th

>who was Jeff Cooper
>>
>>27790940
Who is he?
>>
I would have appreciated being told to allow my hands & arms to go with the movement, to absorb it, before firing a gun for the first time (Glock 17 Gen4 for those curious). Being a noob I figured any movement meant I didn't have a firm enough grip on it and after 30 rounds trying to prevent any jerking of the barrel, etc, I was sore and tired and not at all enjoying myself.

Got more education and figured it out. I'm the first girl in my extended family to handle guns (raised by Canadian hippies...in Canda) and I went from not having any experience with a gun, any gun anywhere, to where I am eleven months later: I've got my restricted and non-restriced licenses and proudly own a handgun and a semi-auto rifle. A bad start with guns won't necessarily turn someone off weapons but it certainly makes for a disappointing start.
>>
>>27790168
Disregard this guy.
>>27790912

These are the Four Rules.
1. All guns are always loaded.
2. Never allow the muzzle to cover anything you do not wish to destroy.
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target
4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
>>
>>27790950
Not that guy, just jumping in here.

Jeff Cooper is a big screaming deal. Seriously. He is known as the Father of the Modern Technique of shooting.

Basically he was a writer, historian, philosopher and teacher who developed methods of shooting and taught them to thousands.

He's legitimately one of my favorite authors, just for his literary merits.

The short version is he's a guy who developed a whole lot of what everyone now knows about shooting. Look into him and his writing, I really think it's worth your time.
>>
>>27783128
What are the four rules?
>>
>>27791074

1. Treat all guns as if they are always loaded.
2. Never allow the muzzle to cover anything you do not wish to destroy. (friends, family, people, pets, property ect)
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target
4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
>>
>>27791115
Sovthats what they are, I never knew that and I own 25 guns.
>>
>>27791139
Grave them upon your heart
>>
>Be me a few years ago
>2 Euro exchange students are living with two familes friends of my own (a Slovakian and a Dutch girl)
>Both about to back to Europe
>The two quickly form a bucket list of things they want to do before they leave
>Which basically means they want to break all the rules.
>The two want to "Drive the four wheelers, the golf cart, and fire a gun"
>The "golf cart" was a ranger we had on our property
>Take them out on what was the best day of that week
>Both families showed up, one of them was entirely no guns and didn't know what to expect
>Go out to the range out back
>Pull out a nugget from under my coat and show it off as the two older guys pull out their pistols.
>Beretta 9mm, H&K in .40, and a fucking nugget are all sitting on the table
>The two look pretty amazed at the guns
>They decide to try the pistols first
>One of the guys shows them how to hold a pistol and tells them what to do and what not to do
>"Never point it at anyone, dont touch the trigger until you want to shoot, treat it as if its always loaded"
>Hands the dutch girl the beretta
>She quickly blows through the magazine, scoring some nice shots on a target and looks a bit excited
>Slovakian girl tries and doesnt do as well
>Both try the other pistol and then decide to try something bigger
>Set the nugget down on the bench l
>Explain what it is and how old the thing is and where it came from, what to expect, how to shoot it, ect.
>Set the Dutch girl down, tell her to brace for the recoil, how to hold it and to be very careful "It has no safety"
>She fires off a shot and looks up like her mind has been blown
>Fires off another two shots and hits
>She giddily sets the gun down
>The Slovak comes up next
>Go through the rules a second time, tell her to brace herself and get ready for the recoil
>She fires a shot and sets the gun down, with a look of amazement
>Rest of the day goes on, the older guys teach the no funs family how to shoot aswell.
>All and all, a good day.
>>
>>27791219
Did you fuck them?
>>
>>27791219
Were they hot?
>>
>>27791230
Nope, both were older than me, the Dutch girl also was taller than bearly everyone in town and wanted somebody taller than herself.

>>27791237
Yeah, the slovak especially was an 8/10 qt. I liked her accent but didnt get to know her much unfortunately. Dutch girl was around a 7/10
>>
>>27791256
Did you want to fuck them?
>>
>>27791256
>Dutch girl also was taller than bearly everyone in town
americans confirmed manlets
>>
>>27791256
Why didn't you bang the slovak?
>>
>>27791275
>>27791312
I wanted to but one of my friends took her to prom, and I never asked if they were together iirc. Wish I had talked to her more.

>>27791275
She was nearly two meters tall.
>>
>>27791290
I lived in a majority dutch descended town and holy fuck they are goddamn giants, everything in the town was slightly larger, it was like living in the a town made for the Giant in Jack and the Beanstalk.

Also the guys had dicks like fucking bulls but that's not really relevant outside of fags like me.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 575x474) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 575x474
>>27791367
>>
>>27790912
Found the milfag!
>>
>>27791668
Gee, howd ya know?
Whats the point of the 4 rules if everybody seems to think theyre different.
>>
>>27791939
I don't think anyone who knows the 4 rules (when I say know, I mean in the they know the rules and the full repercussions) ignores it. Also a lot of guns don't have safeties
>>
>>27783259
the four rules are the basis of the rest
>>
>>27790912
>know your target and what lies beyond/inbetween
IDK why you'd leave that off. That's literally a bigger recipe for disaster than a lot of the other stuff on the list.
I can muzzle sweep people all day and the gun won't magically go off, but when I'm actually shooting a large rifle, I better know what's a mile behind my target.
>>
>>27783128
>Has anyone on /k/ ever taken a noguns out shooting?

Yes. After the safety speech, they get one bullet. I stand close enough that I can grab the weapon. After several single round runs, they get two bullets. As long as they are not retarded, they work up to full mags pretty quick, but I still stay close enough to grab the gun.
>>
I took my buddy shooting he insisted on shooting nothing but my .22 and I had to force him to fire a single round from my sks and he put on a limb saver buttstock on it. He was trembling with shakes and then he fires it and realizing it is all in his head.
>>
>>27784618
I'd start at 50 yards or less, maybe let them Zero the weapon at 25 yardss ( or 36 YARDS) Using teh shoot n see targets. Or something reactive.
>>
>>27789908
/ 20th level of nope :the post
>>
>>27794674
Yeah, I don't get what peoples hardon is for shooting further than you can see unless you are practicing with your optics or you are specifically practicing your holdover/under.

If all you are doing is aiming center mass the range doesn't matter, shoot at close up things until you have very solid fundamentals.

Granted with rifles it may be best to shoot whatever your zero is so you don't have to think about POA POI differences, but in my opinion 100yd is too far to learn ironsights and not a great zero for tactical use.

Maybe a good zero for some people's hunting needs.
>>
>>27793586
>I can muzzle sweep people all day and the gun won't magically go off
So many people are probably in the ground because people like you think this way. Don't fucking muzzle sweep.
>>
File: rip4chan.png (3 MB, 672x6287) Image search: [Google]
rip4chan.png
3 MB, 672x6287
>>27794759
I agree for learning, but I've got a hardon for long range irons. From the kids I've taught , i've learned if you can't see it right away it doesn't matter how good you did for the most part ( rare cases, but I tend to find out later it wasn't the kids first time shooting).

I will agree with you on the zero being set to 100 being a shitty thing. Even hunting wise imo, impact at 75 is better than 100 for most hunting guns ( with irons or optics).

>>27795044
+1
Same line of thinking as " if I don't pull the trigger it will never go bang, so why TD?"
>>
File: wearek.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
wearek.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
I can just imagine you guys pretentiously lecturing people about THE FOUR RULES almost unable to contain yourselves that you get to lord the one thing you know about over some poor barely interested noob you have decided to subject to your autism.

all this unnatural causal banter thrown in and retelling of the stories shows me how awkward it must have been for the other people, some of you guys are really deluded and lack a real sense of proportion.

painful to even read
>>
File: explaination.png (125 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
explaination.png
125 KB, 500x493
>>27795288
>>27795288
>I can just imagine you guys pretentiously lecturing people about THE FOUR RULES almost unable to contain yourselves that you get to lord the one thing you know about over some poor barely interested noob you have decided to subject to your autism.
>all this unnatural causal banter thrown in and retelling of the stories shows me how awkward it must have been for the other people, some of you guys are really deluded and lack a real sense of proportion.
>painful to even read
>>
File: projecting.jpg (73 KB, 490x333) Image search: [Google]
projecting.jpg
73 KB, 490x333
>>27795288

No, it's actually pretty important to teach people a modicum of safety before they shoot their first firearm, to ensure their safety and the safety of those around them.
>>
>>27795624
>No, it's actually pretty important to teach people a modicum of safety before they shoot their first firearm, to ensure their safety and the safety of those around them.

no shit

how autistic can you be to totally miss the point of that post
>>
>>27795635

I guess you're right in the sense that someone who has to ask their anonymous pals online how to tell someone four simple rules is probably a retard
>>
>>27783143
Much better to go with just one no guns at a time (you'll have more patience and they'll learn more that way). I'd start with safe handling proceduresbefore worrying about stance/ technique. Teach them ACTS and PROVE or as a bare minimum muzzle control and then trigger discipline.
>>
>>27789064
This too
>>
>>27789883
Why is that so hard to believe? Not everyone has an obsessive need to research anything and everything. I buy everything solely on what looks cool. Buyer's regret only a couple times. Even got Jewed out of $500 because I traded a gun I bought the previous weekend for $100 credit + another $500 that was 4 inches shorter. Shit happens. Whatever. It's only money.
>>
>>27795839
>I traded a gun I bought the previous weekend for $100 credit + another $500 for the same gun that was 4 inches shorter.
>>
>>27795839
You seem to be under the assumption because you are retarded others must be as well.
>>
>>27789908

You, alone, brought 20 fucking people on their first time?

> is surprised there was an ND

seriously?
>>
>>27790141

If two more short and simple phrases makes it too complicated, you shouldn't be giving them a gun, faggot
>>
>>27795764
No non Canadian is going to know ACTS/PROVE. Most Canadians don't remember ACTS/PROVE a year after the course but at least its muscle memory by then.

For Americans ACTS/PROVE is the main tenant of the mandatory safety course for firearms licences in Canada.
Assume Loaded
Control Muzzle Direction
Trigger Discipline
See the firearm is unloaded with prove.

Point in a safe direction
Remove all cartidges
Observe the chamber
Verify the feeding path is clear
Examine bore
>>
>>27794562

Took me FOREVER to convince my SO that my 20" bull barrel w/ harris bipod AR was going to be a helluva lot less intense to shoot than the 1911 she so dearly wanted to try.

3 trips to the range she finally does it

> you were right anon!

>>
>>27795288
>I can just imagine you guys pretentiously lecturing people about THE FOUR RULES almost unable to contain yourselves that you get to lord the one thing you know about over some poor barely interested noob you have decided to subject to your autism.
>all this unnatural causal banter thrown in and retelling of the stories shows me how awkward it must have been for the other people, some of you guys are really deluded and lack a real sense of proportion.
>painful to even read

glad im not the only one who thought this

Christ this thread
>>
>>27795288
kek this is some serious projection

if you want to call "telling someone how to not shoot me" autism, go ahead
>>
>>27795254
Goddamn, that comic always makes me sad. Strange how there is such a strong community despite being an anonymous site (look at /vg/, each general is its own microcosm of memes, things you know what to post, what not to post, their own entire culture, I browsed some generals yesterday when it was dead here and I was fucking lost)
>>
>>27795288
>painful to even read

>>27799430
>such a strong community

lol
>>
>>27795254

*Get's 404 error*

*somehow posts anyway*

seems legit
>>
>>27795288
Everyone in this picture actually looks pretty nice, yes even the meth addled Harry Potter and gurning mexican.
>>
>>27789959
Is there a KBB of guns?
>>
>>27783949
>is against microaggressions
> draws a blonde hair blue eyed german
> draws a jamaican with dredds
this kills the arguing point
>>
>>27784127
>Your thoughts

Are you literally me?
>>
>>27795288
tbqh this and HURR IT'S A MAGAZINE NOT A CLIP
>>
>>27785437
Then why do they have butt holes?
>>
>>27795254
See, it's shit like that that reminds me why I come here

It's a shithole, but it's OUR shithole damnit
>>
File: I knew you'd say that.jpg (539 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
I knew you'd say that.jpg
539 KB, 1200x1200
>>27801319
>a jamaican with dredds
>>
>>27789283
More importantly, he can't be gay because there are no gays in Iran.
>>
>>27784054
>Asians hijacked Affirmative Action
It's actually the exact opposite that happened. Affirmative Action massively cuts the amounts of Asians who make the cut. We've got a Supreme Court case pending on it.
>>
>>27783128
Give them a shotgun filled with low recoil bird shot and one 3 1/2 inch magnum slug.
>>
>>27789050
Explain in detail please, Fucking how? Was the target setup wrong? Angled or something?
>>
File: 1445050814987.jpg (207 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1445050814987.jpg
207 KB, 960x1280
>>27795288
>painful to even read
>>
>>27783295
For the sake of semantics, I guess it would be schrodinger's bullet because that's the unobserved variable, like the cat in the box (bullet, round in the gun, chamber).

You're just sounds better though.
>>
>>27806366
Shodinger's Cartridge then.

Shell if it's a shotgun.
>>
>>27795288
>Mfw I know all these guys,and I went shooting with most of them before

It's a face of pure horror by the way.
>>
>>27806403
As an addon, they're nice people just nice enough to warrant a rain check on shooting during the middle of June in AZ.
>>
>>27783128
i took my europoor girlfriend shooting for her first time. gave her an AR and taught her the four rules. She did great.
>>
>>27806481

post a photo of her filthy cunt plox
>>
>>27784054
>propagate their newfound victim complex and generally bring it into the mainstream. The result was modern PC culture.
PC was created by white lefties with a guilt complex, nothing more. Don't bring Asians into this.
>>
>>27806732
>let's stop calling people niggers

PC LEFTIST SJW GUILT COMPLEX!!!!
>>
>>27805608
>We've got a Supreme Court case pending on it.
That's the problem.
>>
>>27806732
Suey Park.

Your argument is moot.
>>
>>27807111
I still don't think you get it. The Asians are arguing that AA is unconstitutional and a violation of their 14th and 15th amendment rights.
>>
>>27807575

Asians don't have constitutional rights anon, only US Citizens do
Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.