[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most effective combat knife?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 56
if you really had to do a knife fight, what type of knife would you pick? my gues would be a trench knife.
>>
A bayonet with a loaded gun behind it.
Get a gun.
>>
>>27773274
Fairbarne-Sykes
>>
i repeat, if you really had to do a knife fight
>>
>>27773274
If I really had to partake in a knife fight, (insinuating that I can't escape or use anything but a knife), I'd probably go for a 6.5 inch bladed Fairborne Sykes knife. It's light, dual edged, thin enough to reach through ribs fairly easily, and possesses a useful enough guars to afford some way to deflect or catch slashes if I'm actually quick enough to manage that feat.

Long story short though, I'd probably just stab myself in the heart because no one ever wins in a knife fight. Especially not skinny ass me.
>>
>>27773313
No one wins a knife fight.
The first loser dies on the sidewalk. The second loser bleeds out in the ER.
>>
>>27773274
where do you draw the line between knife and sword?
your answer to that question is my answer to your question.
>>
A knife on the end of a stick.
That way losers without sticks can't stab me.

I'd call it a spear. That sounds cool.
>>
yes i understand a knife fight is basically the most terrifying fight you could end up in :p just wondering about what you guys think would be the best bet

second note, a fairborne sykes knife seems like a great choice too, for that type of model was also used back in the days when knifes were still used as a weapon.
>>
>>27773379
>:p
I hope you get in a knife fight.
>>
i would say a knife is a blade someone might carry in his glove box or something nowadays, yet still being somewhat of a logical thing to have with you...

because im sure some people have a 7ft sword in their trunk.
>>
thanks mate
>>
>>27773274
I'd pick a gun.

When it comes to protecting your life. Always cheat, always win.
>>
File: ANE4_l.jpg (219 KB, 587x1270) Image search: [Google]
ANE4_l.jpg
219 KB, 587x1270
What knife would I choose? That really depends on your definition of knife. If we are going based off of handle construction I choose pic related.
>>
lol why a knife if i have a katana?
But, if i does'nt have the katana i would choose the karambit ou gut knife
>>
>>27773290
This. Or an M3 trench knife.
>>
stiletto
>>
File: Solthurner-7a.jpg (51 KB, 500x562) Image search: [Google]
Solthurner-7a.jpg
51 KB, 500x562
>>27773338
>The first loser dies on the sidewalk. The second loser bleeds out in the ER.
>parrots what the interweb tells him
>as if men haven't ever defended themselves with knives
>>
Something I can stab someone a lot of times quickly with.
>>
>>27773494
I'd go with the KABAR, the only thing that bothers me is that it's sadly a rat tail esque design in the handle, RIP. So yeah the fairbairn or 03
>>
File: itemimages-te1388.jpg (21 KB, 600x182) Image search: [Google]
itemimages-te1388.jpg
21 KB, 600x182
>>27773477
>depends on your definition of knife
If you say, 12 inch blade or less, I'd go with CSA D-guard Bowie. That would give you hand protection, sharpened clip point for piercing and backcuts, and single edge for forward assist moves and roof blocking.
>>
>>27773591
>they did it a long time ago! It must be smart!!
Retarded.
>>
>>27773656
>Retarded.
>Everyone dies in a knife fight! No one has ever lived! The Internet says so!
You sure are :D
>>
>>27773720
>I don't understand hyperbole
Autism.
>>
File: 2qciiqa.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
2qciiqa.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>27773274
LOL, because:
>>27773720
I'm gonna go with Kukri!
>>
>>27773735
Say what you mean, and mean what you say, Son.
Here endeth the lesson.
>>
>>27773395
seriously now, the only edge this thread needs in on the blades.

go do your homework, you damn children.
>>
>>27773772
>endeth
Yup, autism confirmed.
>>
File: samuel-toloza.jpg (52 KB, 440x371) Image search: [Google]
samuel-toloza.jpg
52 KB, 440x371
>>27773338
>>27773327
This is Cpl. Samuel Toloza. In Iraq, in 2007, he did have a gun but it ran out of ammo. He then drew his shitty Honduran Buck knock-off and successfully defended himself against four insurgents.
It's a good thing he never listened to dumbshits on /k/!
>>
File: kukrilesquatres.jpg (54 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
kukrilesquatres.jpg
54 KB, 800x585
>>27773745
I'm going with the Kukri as well. I already have one. it's a good knife.
>>
>>27773793
It doesn't matter what board you are on, you don't listen to anon
>>
>the best knife is the knife you feel most comfortable with
>you need to practice at the knife range or you wont be effective
>make sure to carry your knife. it won't matter what caliber your knife is if you leave it on your end table
>>
File: toloza2.jpg (20 KB, 235x176) Image search: [Google]
toloza2.jpg
20 KB, 235x176
>>27773793
If Cpl Toloza had been a /k/ommando:
>firefight with evil hajjis
>*click*
>out of ammo
>shit
>draws knife, prepares to zerg rush
>"Oh, wait, the neckbearded faggots of /k/ say it's impossible to defend yourself with a knife!"
>drops knife, tactically curls up in a ball, /k/ style
>stomped to death
>>
>>27773772
>le ebin elder wise man

Better slow it down there autismo
>>
>>27773963
>le ebin
Jesus, who let you out? Go back to /b/, Cockgobbler
>>
yeah i gues thats somewhat the same as my pick in fact. im on board with you
>>
File: Respawn_In_5..._4....jpg (21 KB, 400x318) Image search: [Google]
Respawn_In_5..._4....jpg
21 KB, 400x318
b doesnt need the retards from k, it would only lower the level

Go to g that the board which is full of ignorant iknoweverything neckbeard retards like k
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 1155x1155) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 1155x1155
>>27773274
Pic related.

>Double edged
>hefty enough to hack
>spear tip
>8" blade for long slashing reach
>lanyard for retention
>>
>>27773274
Any knife with good technique
>>
>>27773274
Op sounds like a woman, nobody is worse at knife fighting than women
>>
anything longer, pointier and lighter than the opponent's one
>>
>>27773591
I also think this "nobody wins a knife fight" stuff is garbage, but you're not really helping anything by going full retard in the opposite direction.
>>
>>27773338
>>27773656
You're sprouting reductionist bullshit.

The truth is:

A fight knife vs knife is quite likely going to end you.
However, a fight knife vs. knuckles (on your side) is most certainly going to end you. Likewise, a fight knife (on your side) vs. unarmed will give you quite the advantage. (The legalities are problematic, but that's not the point here.)
Basically, if the enemy has a knife you're better off getting away, but that's true for every fight. Sometimes it's not possible, because he's faster/cornered you/wants to rape your gf/... If you fight, the knife will increase your chances, period.

There is a catch here in that using a knife in a fistfight (that was not really meant to be lethal in the first place) instantly makes it lethal, at least for the guy who hasn't drawn a knife (yet).
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>27773745
>>27773812
>The one with the green handle.
Kukris are best imo.
>>
>>27775782
I bought that exact kukri in the Philippines for $1.
It was a piece of shit, but I wish I hadn't lost it.
>>
File: messer.jpg (12 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
messer.jpg
12 KB, 500x333
It's a knife
Honest guv
>>
>>27773626
>>27773494
>>27773290
Must watch, scary bong commando talking about using them against gerry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDGHKyB3T_U
>>
Probably a dagger from the middle ages, back when they were 1' long.
>>
>>27773290
This, or the v42 which was styled after it.
>>
>>27776296
lol
>>
>>27773626
>The stick tang bothers me, so I'll just pick another knife with a stick tang
>>
Balance and precision are the name of the game if it is knife v knife. Unless your working with something closer to a sword your not going to have enough weight for devastating slashes. A knife like the Fairbarne-sykes model or one based off of it like the v-42 stiletto is going to give the best balance and reach while still doing lots of damage. The thing with a trench knife is that the lack of maneuverability is very limiting (it also makes it harder to get it out of your hand, but depending on the style it can limit you too much). Something properly balanced with decent weight that you can stick in someone very fast and very deep is what I would go for.
>>
>>27773290
where to buy
>>
>>27778140
Google
o
o
g
l
e
>>
>>27778140
Original WWII? Good luck.

Well made reproduction? No clue, bushcraft knives are more my thing.
>>
>>27774447
>440 STAINLESS
>>
File: ReverseEdge.jpg.w300h86.jpg (6 KB, 300x86) Image search: [Google]
ReverseEdge.jpg.w300h86.jpg
6 KB, 300x86
>>27773274
fairbairn sykes
trench spike
bolo knife
kukri

>>27773630
the ones with the blade on top were for groin/thigh cuts
>>
either V42/ sykes fairbaine or this one knife I came across at a flea market, looked like some hobbyist's rendition of a spanish dagger. Ridiculously well balanced, cruciform profile blade. Still regret not having bought it to this day
>>
>>27773366
Dubs have spoken, anon has created the next generation of warfare
>>
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 389x129) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 389x129
Karambit
>>
File: commandoandsmatchet.jpg (8 KB, 259x320) Image search: [Google]
commandoandsmatchet.jpg
8 KB, 259x320
>>27773274
SMATCHET

It's the correct answer.
>>
>be martial arts faggot
>we train knife drills for fun
>use wooden 'knives' that still have an edge and point
>hurt a lot when you get caught

When we really go for it everyone gets their arms and hands slashed at least. After six years training my success rate defending with a knife against a knife, with an aggressive attacker, is only about 50%. Unarmed against a knife more like 20%. I would always run from a knife first, even if i had my own.

Fwiw i'd choose a Fairbairn-Sykes. Have held a real one at an antique shop, barely feels like it's there so perfect for quick cuts and stabs.
>>
>>27780389
>i'd choose a Fairbairn
The SMATCHET is a Fairbairn design, he basically decided the dagger is too small for actual combat and the smatchet was a better more brutal grunt blade.

See >>27780381

Also, I was gonna get a rubber training knife or two and practice with my roommate, any tips?
>>
>>27780402

Golden rules for defending a knife

>stay side on, not toe to toe. Present the smallest target possible
>hands low and in front, unlike fist fighting where you want a tight guard you want to keep distance
>always on your toes
>deflect and try to move behind their weapon arm
>never try to grab. Never in a million years will you grab and hold on to a committed stab

Always deflect with the opposite hand, so if your attacker is holding the knife in his right you'll deflect with your right. This mitigates him slipping under or over your guard into your body. Never attempt to trap the knife from the front, you will get stabbed. Low kicks are your best defence against him coming forward.

Knife drills are fun, but you need to constantly keep in mind that every time it touches you chances are you are now bleeding everywhere, if not dying. Success rate is very low.
>>
>>27780506
Thanks for the advice
>>
You know, normally I don't like swordfags, but the thought of a fedora wielding a katana successfully fighting off some dude with his tacticool military surplus knife just gives me this certain sense of warm fuzzy irony.
>>
>>27780506
Also, if you have to parry/deflect a stab or a slash, for the love of God DON'T do it blade-on-blade: it's too agile and it will slip and you'll get cut. If you have to do it, parry at the wrist or forearm of your opponent.
>>
>>27780704
Had not thought of that, thanks.
>>
>>27780581
What about machete vs knife (assuming untrained fighters)?
>>
>>27780704

Yeah, this is a good point.

You get in the habit of parrying with the back of your hand/forearm. In training it doesn't hurt so much if you yet caught, in practice you are less likely to have your tendons or arteries damaged. Also if you have a knife use the hilt to strike with like a hammer.
>>
>>27780753

Machete user - constantly back off, slash high.

Knife user - rush and stab like a madman, the machete is less dangerous once inside his reach.

At least in theory...
>>
>>27780756
>Roommate wanted to practice dealing with the 'drunk strike' (Hay-maker) and threw a right handed one at me with a little warning.

>Instinctively knife hand blocked it with left and grabbed his wrist with my right hand (Absolutely no fucking idea why I did this)

>Realized I had him for a moment

>Yanked him forward in direction of punch and stepped out with the left foot.

>He goes straight into floor

Can't find an image online that looks like what I did so I'm assuming that it's not areal martial arts move, or I did it wrong. But I felt kinda accomplished. He didn't do any crazy Judo throw flips or anything, just kinda fell on his face because my left foot kept his legs from catching up during the forward movement as I pulled him along by the arm.
>>
>>27780783

Nah that's legit.

Use momentum against them. Same concept as the knife defense I've been taught.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 945x472) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 945x472
>>27780783

Judo and Jujitsu have loads of throws like this. Pic related.

(Getting a bit /asp/ergers now)
>>
>>27780806
>>27780808
Cool! I really want to learn some Judo or something now. There is a class near by but I don't know if it's a McDojo or not.
>>
>>27773348
Thread should have ended here.

Reach means you win unless you're outskilled. Any blade this short is light enough to be fast, so if you've got a twelve inch "knife" and he has a 6 inch bowie you have a huge advantage.
>>
>>27780845
So.... See >>27780381
>>
>>27778223
Steel composition of a dagger doesn't make you any LESS stabbed.
>>
>>27780860
Eh, I would rather a slimmer design. I know I'm contradicting my last post but it seems you've found a knife that long that IS slower (relatively), probably unbalanced by the look of it. If you make a 12 inch blade with a proper guard and a stabbier profile I'd take it over that.
>>
>>27780813

Judo is primarily a sport, so if they don't compete at least locally then disregard and move on.
>>
>>27780863
Seriously, it's like saying 'lol 9mm' or 'it's a fucking hi-point'

I see two things on /k/ that piss me off when it comes to this knife shit.

>Thinking a man with a knife being dangerous means a knife is an acceptable SD weapon
It's not, just because you can kill a man with a knife does not mean it is relevant for SD. In a self defense scenario you need to kill or incapacitate your opponent NOW, not three minutes from now, not thirty seconds from now, right fucking now. You can't to that reliably with a knife.

>If a knife is not immediately going to kill you you can ignore it, or fight back with your own knife.
You will still suffer severe injury if you win the fight, and a man with a knife can still kill a man with a gun.

>>27773591
>>27773720
>>27773793
>>27773942
>>27774745
>I also think this "nobody wins a knife fight" stuff is garbage

This really gets me, that people could be so fucking stupid as to think bladed combat without the advantage of reach will end in anyone's favor is retarded. And that soldier had fucking body armor and probably a healthy size/weight advantage on the people he was attacking. Who were not ready to fight close like that and had zero fucking training.

You should prioritize your weapon based on the maximum you can get away with.

>Long gun
>Full sized pistol with at least 15 rounds
>Compact pistol with at least 10 rounds
>Any other gun you can get away with
>Large knife/sword/spear
>Baton/Cane with a striking head
>Small blade/Unarmed combat

You should know how to use ALL of these options proficiently, and apply the highest tier on the scale you can get away with in the situation at hand.
>>
>>27780877
>primarily a sport

You just made me think of sport fencing VS HEMA, and I suddenly don't want to do Judo.

Is there something similar that isn't all about scoring fucking points and actually focuses on stopping at attack without getting killed?

>>27780872
It's actually not, I own the Cold Steel version and it is balanced alright, not too heavy, and thrusts very well.

Read up on the Smatchet and the way it was meant to be used, it is a superb combat blade.
>>
>>27774693
Though I've always wondered why women are garbage at all things /k/ related
>>
>>27780893
I didn't say a knife was an "acceptable" self defense weapon, moron. It was pretty clear that my point was that getting stabbed with "lolstainless" and getting stabbed with 234658023459345CroMoVTierOnePatentedSuperSteel doesn't make a cunt-hair's difference.

And you can tout how much better a gun is, but it's pointless. We all fucking know. Some of us, though, have to actually leave the house on occasion. Some of us go places where a firearm cannot be carried. Some of us might not even own, or cannot own, a firearm. Some of us might live in states where you're not ALLOWED to carry firearms, tasers, mace, etc, but a folding knife generally goes unnoticed.

Yes, no one "wins" a knife fight. But if confronted with a knife, it's better to have SOMETHING to fight back instead of just getting your dumb ass stabbed repeatedly because you think you can box your way out of the situation.
>>
>>27780903

Judo is legit. A champion Judoka will show you the ceiling and then the floor and probably break some ribs if he can get hold of you.

Jujitsu was the original Japanese self defence art. It was just a set of concepts that an unarmed fighter could use if he lost his weapons, that eventually developed into techniques and a system. It does favour bigger, stronger guys which Judo sought to change by introducing rules to put more emphasis on the throws and using inertia. BJJ is a further development of Judo that tries to further eliminate the natural advantages of a bigger fighter.

The problem with self-defence arts is the lack of competition to weed out McDojos. The problem with sport arts is that it becomes all about competition and nothing else. It's very hard to find clubs in between.

For self defence buy a gun, learn to shoot. It's the most efficient way to stay safe. I love martial arts but there is so much shit out there, just try a few schools and stick with one that clicks.
>>
>>27780893
Way to put words in my mouth, faggot.
>>
>>27776331
>don't even have to thrust it in'o 'im
>pull 'im in'o it.

Listening to old veterans talk about war shit is great, I never got the chance to as a kid but I still watch shit like this, it's great.
>>
File: 1417668031178-1-1-1-1-1-2.jpg (156 KB, 766x531) Image search: [Google]
1417668031178-1-1-1-1-1-2.jpg
156 KB, 766x531
>>27781001
I'm sure you've had worse in there friend.
>>
>>27780995
I love judo. So effortless when done properly.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=614_1412672416
>>
File: 20150222_024134.jpg (4 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20150222_024134.jpg
4 MB, 2560x1920
>>27781013
My Granddad was the same, mate.
Had some great chats with him over the years.
Best gift he ever gave me.
>>
>>27781031
Holy shit did he have any stories about that knife?

Knives always carry great stories from soldiers. Killing somebody with a knife is just more personal and carries more weight.
>>
File: 1441994475624.jpg (23 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1441994475624.jpg
23 KB, 403x403
>>27781015
>Continuing someone else's campaign of assmad

And suddenly I'm simply glad I'm not you.

Thanks, friendo.
>>
>>27781018

Seem that vid a few times, it's a great demo of technique but a lot of 'instructor respect' going on
>>
File: IMG_0011-1.jpg (72 KB, 1020x580) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0011-1.jpg
72 KB, 1020x580
Something with a spike to bleed the poor fucker quick.
>>
>>27781037
Indeed he did.
But he also said that in numbers, it has killed far more tin ration cans than Axis troops.

Tbh, this one is a bit special as it has a mk2 blade with a mk 3 grip as he preferred the style.
>>
>>27781042
Yeah, at the start, but the last five or six are actually giving it a go as they want to progress themselves/test the master.

Just watching them try to throw him is great. The guy is like glue.
>>
>>27781050
Also, this one is a quarter inch shorter than when issued as those who actually used them took the fine point off to prevent it wedging itself in bone.
>>
>>27780995
>Judo is legit
Okay, so it's all about finding a class that isn't sport or show focused and using your own discretion?

> It does favour bigger, stronger guys
I'm 6'3" and I work out regularly

>For self defence buy a gun, learn to shoot.
I have 16 guns and I shoot steel challenge competitively, I am a VERY good pistol shot (Best in my security company by a lot) but I can't carry at my current post, and I deal with violent drunks several times a day.
>>
>>27781018
The biggest problem I see is they are practicing Judo VS Judo

What would happen if someone threw an elbow in there before a throw?
>>
File: messer_kit05_s.jpg (16 KB, 375x250) Image search: [Google]
messer_kit05_s.jpg
16 KB, 375x250
>>27773274
Sword? Nay local constable, tis merely a knife!
>>
>>27781082
I had actually considered this. There is little to stop a sneaky knee to the face being implemented as you are being thrown..
Competition Judo is a single discipline, but I am sure that many of it's techniques have been adopted by various fighting systems.
>>
>>27781097
Having a big dude punch you in the face and then not flail helplessly like your sparring partner probably throws a wrench into the works.

I suspect a street fight between a guy that gets into bar fights and a Judo or JJ student would not end well for the student.

On a very loosely related note, this was fun to watch.

>https://youtu.be/ibCS00QnztI?t=269
>>
>>27781325
Jesus, why is the judo guy so slow?
And yeah, that's probably a fault of most styles. During sparring you practice against someone whose the best at what you're the best at. Judo = throws, TKD = kicks, and they can probably adapt those well enough.
In a real fight, the opponent might be great at something completely different though, so counter based strategies built on experience in sparring won't work as well.

In TKD, we learned a few throws and a bit of judo for punching attackers, but we almost never punched, so our punches were shit.

Kick game was good though.
>>
>>27773313
A spear.
>>
Watch that, errybody. What an awesome geezer. Would sit by and listen to/10.
>>
File: DSC_0100.jpg (1 MB, 2786x1602) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0100.jpg
1 MB, 2786x1602
>>27773274
my old m96 bayonet i guess
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 1024x452) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 1024x452
Something like this. Get a few good stabs and hopefully he won't have enough blood left in him to stab me back.
>>
>>27776331
>this fucking guy
Holy shit, the way he talks about cutting throats is hilarious and terrifying
>you don't tip the chin up and cut the throat
>tip the chin up and stick it in at the jugular
>then punch it forward and rip out the lot
>bit of a messy job
>but thats it
>>
>>27778365
>reverse edge
For
What
Purpose
WHYYYYY
Just..UH >:( WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
THATS SO STUPID
>>
File: redsdeads.jpg (104 KB, 1280x792) Image search: [Google]
redsdeads.jpg
104 KB, 1280x792
>>
File: FeelMe.png (365 KB, 680x475) Image search: [Google]
FeelMe.png
365 KB, 680x475
My 2nd bike just got stolen. I now have to walk 4-5miles to work in the early AM hours, like 2-3AM.
I just bought a 9in overall length stiletto, it has a 4in blade.
If one of these homeless people creeps up on me, or I see my bike on craigslist, someone is getting stabbed.
>>
File: But not serious lee.jpg (114 KB, 627x727) Image search: [Google]
But not serious lee.jpg
114 KB, 627x727
>>27783934
>and hopefully he won't have enough blood left in him to stab me back.

Yeah, this guy's gonna die.

>Didn't read the thread the post.

>>27783701
Yeah,that seems to be the issue with almost all martial arts, you just learn how to compete with other people of your own style. And a bunch of extra bullshit for style points in championships.

If only someone could filter down the bullshit into the functional principles of the most useful styles, then adapt each strike block and throw into something more than a set form. Imagine throwing a punch with the precision of a fencer and following it with any number of fluid strikes or locks or throws depending on the actual situation at hand and not a kata or something you're supposed to do next because honorabu tradition.....

Oh god dammit Bruce Lee you cheeky fucker.

>>27785488
Get a fucking 26" collapsible baton. It will be a million times more useful in a fight, as a deterrent, and only costs $20
>>
Sub-Saharan
>>
File: 90s.jpg (74 KB, 575x384) Image search: [Google]
90s.jpg
74 KB, 575x384
>fighting knife

Dagger. Look at history, who the fuck had fighting knives besides junglemen, no one. Combat knives are part tool.
>>
>>27773274
On the topic of knifes from out ancestors, my grandad has a kinjal his dad brought home from ww2.
>>
File: 1918trenchknife.jpg (75 KB, 792x345) Image search: [Google]
1918trenchknife.jpg
75 KB, 792x345
I would say the US Army had it right in WW1.
>>
File: G-Wat.jpg (207 KB, 900x700) Image search: [Google]
G-Wat.jpg
207 KB, 900x700
>>27776331
Jesus Christ

Motherfucking bong veterans
>>
Is it ballistic knife?
>>
>>27773812
Kukris just look so awkward to use, I'd rather have something like a Fairbairn for stabbing and balance
>>
>>27773274
In a knife on knife fight if you hope to win without sustaining injury first you need to control the opponents weapon /weapon hand, pin it, bash it against the wall, grab their wrist and sever their tendons at the wrist, elbow, or armpit, whatever you can, and then hurt them until they either give up, die, or are otherwise no longer a threat. if you just go in stab stab stab stab as they do the same thing everyones fucked.
>>
>>27780981
Blade steel is a factor in edge retention and a knifes quality in regards to edc tasks rather than for self defense, other than the hardness and toughness of a steel as far as it's impact resistance if for instance you have to stab/hack someone with it as hard as you can. but for the most part, yeah, as long as it's a sharp piece of metal it's gonna be capable of slicing someone up. And as for the guy who said a knife is not capable of instantly stopping someone, this isn't true if you know how to use it, sever someones tendons, slash their eyes, go for the gonads, etc. and they are going to be instantly out of the action for all intents and purposes.
>>
>>27773274
Hell's bell bowie
made from that one dude himself.
They cost like 2-5k
google and find it.
they have a U shaped cross guard and a very nice edge. It's worth.
If not that then a .22 calibur knife. Fuck you. That's why
>>
File: Die Hard Thanks for the Advice.jpg (36 KB, 849x368) Image search: [Google]
Die Hard Thanks for the Advice.jpg
36 KB, 849x368
>>27780540
BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM
>>
File: 1429093451354.jpg (9 KB, 159x200) Image search: [Google]
1429093451354.jpg
9 KB, 159x200
>>27786819
My nigga, I got me one of these as well. That shape is fucking beautiful.
>>
>>27784623
its not stupid you hold it down at your waist and you pull the blade up into your oponents groin and thighs where humans have a lot of soft vital targets. I fucking said this in my post you are a fucking child who uses emotes on 4chan and can't read an post all the way through. Its no rurouni kenshin with some confederate officer its real life were that knife would fuck your day up in a melee.
>>
>>27786900
and yet you choose a dagger? daggers are literally the most useless knife they are intended for stabbing things and their light weight and double edge makes them shit for anything else.
>>
>>27788356

>look so awkward to use

Until you use one...
>>
>>27777779
offbytwo.jpg
>>
>>27791778
he is just too weak to lift a kukri
>>
File: m3.jpg (24 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
m3.jpg
24 KB, 500x375
>>27773274
M3 Fighting Knife. Worked for GIs in Europe, works for me.
Solingen also makes a modern copy that's really excellent, picked one up at a game show for 18 bucks, valued around 200.
>>
File: ColFairbairn.png (288 KB, 383x534) Image search: [Google]
ColFairbairn.png
288 KB, 383x534
>>27780893
>This really gets me, that people could be so fucking stupid as to think bladed combat without the advantage of reach
You don't even have a vague idea of what you're talking about. Just because you can't do it, doesn't mean it can't be done.
>>
>>27773366
Trip-double-dubs has spoken. Let us ponder this wisdom.
>>
>>27773862
Underrated post toasties.
>>
>>27780893
>just because you can kill a man with a knife does not mean it is relevant for SD
>a man with a knife can still kill a man with a gun.
Make up your mind, then repost.
>>
File: CS trench knife.jpg (14 KB, 700x367) Image search: [Google]
CS trench knife.jpg
14 KB, 700x367
>>27773274
Still my favorite choice for "business blade".
>>
>>27783882
The Steam-punk Sting.

>>27788356
They've got a proven record as being horrendously effective weapons. Even The Smatchet could arguably been influenced by them. Sirupate models are much lighter and slimmer fighting oriented-blades, as opposed to the more utilitarian versions.
>>
>>27788356
I hope you didn't buy one of those overbuilt ones that weigh well over 2.5 pounds and use that as your source of experience.
>>
File: Barung_barong_moro_sword_parts.jpg (287 KB, 1280x684) Image search: [Google]
Barung_barong_moro_sword_parts.jpg
287 KB, 1280x684
Barong best machete pattern for the fight
>>
>>27792567
BUNG! BUNG! SHANK!
PUHAN!

PUSSUK!
>>
File: ozzijTBP1r1eob5o1_500.jpg (89 KB, 423x750) Image search: [Google]
ozzijTBP1r1eob5o1_500.jpg
89 KB, 423x750
>>27773290
>>
File: Spicy.jpg (6 KB, 271x186) Image search: [Google]
Spicy.jpg
6 KB, 271x186
>>27773274
>if you really had to do a knife fight, what kind?
I guess it depends on my opponent, it wouldn't really matter what kind of knife I would have, as long as I could
>BEND LIKE A REED IN THE WIND
>>
>>27773274
>be fencefag
>foil and sabre
>actually have shit technique but dat speed and range
>win 50/50 with virtually no training

Footwork is the first most important thing in any blade combat. Grappling is the second.
>>
>>27773745
Gurkhas weren't any more dangerous because they used Kukris. They were dangerous because of their training and balls. If the put in the same training with a Kabar or a Fairbairn-Sykes, they'd be just as dangerous with those--probably more.
>>
>>27773862
There's actually some truth to this.
>>
>>27780347
I fucking hate you. Like really what the fuck. We're having some more or less informed, in-depth discussion and then you fucking ruin it by showing my that steaming, smelly, nasty pile of pop culture mall ninja fucking camel poop. What in the fuck. How could anyone who is in the least sound of mind possibly delude themselves that that knife gives you any advantage whatsoever against a conventional, large fighting knife? You must have learned all you know about knife fighting from call of fucking duty. Newsflash, you fucking inbred, it's not all just holding it in an ice pick grip and swiping madly. That gets you killed.

What the fuck.
>>
>>27778223
>edgy water knife

of course it's fucking stainless
>>
File: AA196_3_l[1].jpg (118 KB, 905x574) Image search: [Google]
AA196_3_l[1].jpg
118 KB, 905x574
My first choice would be a kukri around the 10.5" mark.

My second choice would be a 9-12" thrusting dagger preferably with some sort of guard (at least a side ring).
A main gauche like pic related would be a decent choice.
>>
>>27781068
No, it's about finding a class that *is* sport focused.

"Sport" martial arts (e.g. judo, boxing, muay thai and wrestling) completely destroy "non-sport" martial arts because we actually spar with each other.
You simply can't learn how to fight without fighting. Since judo is a sport, we fight each other for 4-5 hours a week on top of all of the other training that we do.

You should avoid "non-sport" martial arts like the plague. Things like aikido and wushu look really flashy when they're doing demonstrations, but since they never spar with each other they can't apply those techniques in an actual fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn4oTai82sM

>>27781082
Try watching MMA fights with judoka. Ronda Rousey's the obvious example, but she's done a lot of boxing lately to supplement her judo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NsHtXReVUY
Probably a better example of a "pure judoka" would be Karo Parisyan. His striking skills were pretty shit, so he relied almost entirely on judo.

But if you want to see what judo looks like in an MMA setting, watch this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ50D9sHRnM
>>
File: 88CCDM_m.jpg (20 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
88CCDM_m.jpg
20 KB, 500x333
>le 17 inch reach
>le 4 quillions for interference
>maximum hand protection
>cold steel to piss off the autists of /k/
>>
>>27780893

>advantage on the people he was attacking.

The majority of troop engagements in that shit hole are the hijabs attacking the foreign soldiers. Any offensive activity on the occupying force's side is executed by airstrike or spec ops.
>>
>>27780903
>scoring points
In judo, you get a point by either:
>Throwing them on their back with enough force that it'd kill/maim them if it was concrete
>Putting them in an armlock where you could easily break/dislocate their arm if they didn't tap out
>Choking them such that they'd go unconscious if they didn't tap out
>Pinning them for enough time to defuse a real fight
>>
>>27794955
>But if you want to see what judo looks like in an MMA setting, watch this video.

Always going to the ground with the other guy, never committing a solid throw that would end a fight, and getting your jaw rocked?

Anybody got that .gif of the guy going to the ground with a nigger he's fighting and getting the living shit kicked out of him by the guys friends?
>>
>>27795520
>never committing a solid throw that would end a fight, and getting your jaw rocked?
You seriously think none of those throws would end a fight on something other than a cushioned floor?

But yeah, I agree - going to the ground can be incredibly dangerous in a real fight.
Sure is a good thing that literally the entire point of judo is trying to stop yourself from being taken down.
>>
>>27795563
>literally the entire point of judo is trying to stop yourself from being taken down.
A few of those times he voluntarily went to the ground with the guy.

I'm not talking shit about Judo, it's one of the most legitimate martial arts, but he did not paint it in a good light in that video compilation.
>>
File: MT1057nw.jpg (31 KB, 780x519) Image search: [Google]
MT1057nw.jpg
31 KB, 780x519
>>27773274
Microtech Jagdkommando
creates a wound that cant be stitched up
>>
>>27773812
I like the kukri, I just don't want to get fucked because everybody is into them. I want something that can do it's job, not just tourist bait
>>
File: ori arkansas toothpick.jpg (17 KB, 600x364) Image search: [Google]
ori arkansas toothpick.jpg
17 KB, 600x364
the Arkansas toothpick

looks so ready to rock n roll.

I like that the handles are usually circle in shape. Beneficial to the user in combat with zero orientation of a block handle. Just pick up and go to work and no need to worry about mishandling it during combat and holding it in an awkward hand hold. Double sided bladed for full effect in stabbing and slashing.

Proven in the frontier and civil war
>>
>>27791715
Which size did you get?

I'm trying to justify the $700 or so dollarydoos it's gonna cost me to get a sub saharan 10.
>>
File: blackhawk_tatang_stumped.jpg (39 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
blackhawk_tatang_stumped.jpg
39 KB, 500x333
>>27792567
A surprisingly good modern alternative is the Blackhawk Tatang.

It's not just a cowadoody knife, it's actually pretty versatile.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1936x1936
>>
>>27773812
this is the only correct answer itt.
>>
File: SS7.png (2 MB, 1621x870) Image search: [Google]
SS7.png
2 MB, 1621x870
>>27798970
I got the 7, I couldn't justify a $70 jump in price for a blade only 1" bigger in the 8, let alone going all out for the 10. I'm pretty happy with the 7 though, It's a good size and having owned it for over a year I've never thought, "Man, I should have gone bigger."

Pic related, my gf holding mine right after I got it.
>>
>>27801162
The 10 really would be a short sword in her hands wouldn't it.

I still want to get the 10, if only to have one HUGE knife.
>>
>>27780813
supposed to be fights on weight
judo is top notch but youre helpless till you get a grab
>>
>>27801173
Lol I hear ya man. Personally, I think the 10 holds the intended shape of the knife a bit more than the 8 (if that makes sense). And if you did drop the cash you'd have a badass knife that'll probably outlast your great-grandkids.
>>
>>27794955
Funny thing, I was considering learning either aikido or one of the more acrobatic kung fu styles to supplement my TKD. I know a few tricks from capeoeria and can throw a punch relatively well, but I can't grapple or throw outside of some basic shit. I figured aikido would be good for that, and wushu would be good to help me avoid being grounded.

Thoughts?
>>
kitchen knife
>>
>>27794262
You wouldn't want a knife the may chip and shatter
>>
>>27780389
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37XiSn81oFw

check this guy out, hes honest about whats really going to happen, it's so fucking fast and amazingly brutal.
>>
>>27803012
I really like this guy based on this video.
>>
Two karambits in each hand, flail wildly and become equally fatal to everyone in all directions, including myself.
>>
>>27776331
this bong is right on so many levels.
>>
>>27794955
I've got to say one thing in the defense of wushu, it has a counter for almost everything due to the choreographed nature of the form competitions.
Every move has a purpose. Might be a highly specific, very unlikely, generally impractical purpose, but the purpose is there. The weird double-foot crescent kick cartwheel thing? Perfect counter to someone doing a spinning low sweep. Of course, jumping works well too, and so does backing off, but the kick allows you to build all your momentum quickly and vertically, since it assumes you're close to your opponent.
>>
>>27773793
He looks so proud
>>
>>27803923
I would be too if I shanked the fuck out of 4 kebabs.
>>
>>27801353
Aikido is an absolute joke.
You, quite simply, will not learn a single thing from it.

If you want to learn to grapple, do judo, BJJ, wrestling or sambo.

Wushu is just as bad as aikido. You will learn *nothing*.

Also, TKD isn't the worst martial art out there, but it's pretty atrocious. And this is speaking as a 1st dan WTF black belt.
I know you won't listen to me, but really - if you want to learn to strike, drop TKD and take up muay thai, boxing, kickboxing or kyokushin.

Remember, the #1 rule is:
>Do they spar regularly against resisting opponents?
>(note that krotty point-sparring doesn't count)
>If not, don't train with them
http://mcdojo-faq.tripod.com/

>>27803906
Sure. It might even work if they ever actually trained with their techniques.
But they don't.
>>
File: 032514165223.jpg (727 KB, 1616x1724) Image search: [Google]
032514165223.jpg
727 KB, 1616x1724
>>27773274
Fairbain Sykes fighting knife. No better knife.
>>
>>27804667
That's just not true at all.
The F-S is a bit short and it's too flimsy in the tang.
>>
>>27804682
Flimsy? I think you are forgetting what you are using it for. Necks and lungs are soft. It's not a pry bar... As far as short, it can reach vitals, anything else is just for show.
>>
>>27804656
>muay thai
The only muay thai I know came from Ong Bak.
If I can't find a good dojo or anything, at least I'll be learning from Jaa.

I'll take your advice on the TKD, but I honestly want to know why it's so trash. I can do kicks faster than most my friends can punch, I have a pretty good sense of balance, and it's helped with learning the capoeria.
I'm guessing this has to do with TKD being mostly sport-oriented or something?
>>
>>27804700
>Necks and lungs are soft
Good luck managing to carefully miss bones.

A fighting knife should be strong enough to hit bones without breaking.
If I was using a stiffer dagger like a rondel or a stiletto, one of my key target areas would be the skull - because with those daggers, I can.

It's like saying:
>My gun shatters when I drop it
>But you shouldn't be dropping it anyway so it doesn't matter

Also, being short is actually a huge deal. For one, if you're attacking at a steep angle (for instance, one of the major target areas being a downwards strike through the collarbone area or up through the armpit), you really do need 9-12" to get enough penetration.

There's also the important concept of reach. I'm sure you understand how important that is. It doesn't matter as much for a knife like the F-S where you hold it in a forward grip, but if you were holding something in a reverse grip you certainly wouldn't want to go smaller than the 9-12" recommendation.
>>
>>27804755
Well if you are using a knife and hitting bone, you are doing it wrong because every time you run the risk of getting it stuck and losing your knife.
>>
>>27804740
Because you never spar properly in TKD.
You're not even trying to hit them hard, you're trying to make that "snap" sound on their chestguard. I could barely even feel it when people hit me, even with stronger kicks like back and side kicks. Sparring properly against people who are trying to actually hit you without all of that padding makes a huge difference - even when you're just playing with each other and it's not a comp.

Sport-oriented martial arts are fantastic. Boxing, judo and MT are all sports.
The problem is when you take away the realism for the sake of sport.

Oh, but capoeira's even worse than TKD, for what it's worth. But I think they realise that, so I don't rip into them. They seem to accept that it's just combat-themed dancing, so that's okay.
>>
>>27804740
>If I can't find a good dojo or anything, at least I'll be learning from Jaa.
I want to start a fight by just leaping and cannon balling knees first into a group of people
>>
>>27804784
Again, you're just not realising the reality of a fight.
Try sparring with someone some day and avoid areas which have bone in them.
It's just not possible.

Personally, I'm more of a reverse grip guy, so I know I've got the power to just punch straight through bone most of the time, but even with a forward grip you still can't just avoid it. You still need to be able to get through a ribcage.
>>
>>27773338
>>27773591

You're both right. The old "nobody wins a knifefight" thing simply illustrates that it's very, very hard to defend yourself with a weapon that is entirely offensive. On the other hand, it is factually false bullshit, so, there ya go.
>>
>>27780893
>You should know how to use ALL of these options proficiently, and apply the highest tier on the scale you can get away with in the situation at hand.

Pretty much this. I carry a folding knife I selected specifically for its dual utility as a weapon (blade design plus quick deployment) and that's only because spring-loaded batons are illegal in my state. It gives me an option for times and places when I can't keep my carry gun on me (which are few and far between.)
>>
>>27804784
To get a knife stuck, and truly stuck in bone you'd need to hit really fucking hard.
>>
>>27804792
You're killing me here, man. Everything I know is a lie, it seems. Capoeria sucks, my TKD is useless.
Just fuck my shit up, familo.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure I have the dedication to start all over again, seeing as my TKD isn't up to par.
Or maybe it is, I dunno. I've won most fights I've been in, a couple being against a guy a foot taller than me, but chances are he's been to a McDojo too, and I probably won those because one of the instructors learned a few jujitsu tricks from his years in Japan and felt like sharing.

Fuck man.
>>
>>27804879
Honestly, just do what you enjoy.
If you actually train, you'll pick up another martial art really quickly. After all, you've already got a decent idea about how to kick and punch, you just haven't really applied it yet.
>>
>>27804903
But anyway, if you want to just try something else out and see how you go, I'd recommend trying out kyokushin.
It's probably the cheapest striking art, and they've got a lot of similar training methods to TKD (they do a lot of katas, hit bags etc.), but they're also some of the toughest fuckers on the planet. If you like TKD, you'll probably have fun with KK too.

Here's a video if you want to see what KK looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujMgPDUGYUs
It's basically bareknuckle knockdown karate.
So no gloves, no punches to the face and you go until one of you gets knocked over and stays down for 3 seconds.
>>
>>27804903
Mostly just bummed out because I love fighting. To me it's like chess, but faster and more weaselly. Imagine thinking you were hot shit as Smash, and then some guy tells you your controller was plugged out, and it was the computer playing the entire time.
I'm a fraud, is what I'm saying.

Fuck it, I'll go drown my sorrows in kung fu movies, then I'll research a good dojo for-
>>27804969
>that kick at :35
I think I'm in love.
I'm guessing no throws, no elbows, no holds, no ground striking?
Either way I'll look into it.
That, Jujitsu and Muay Thai.
And possibly Wing Chun, to indulge my inner cinemaboo. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>27805061
Eh, you're probably still a lot better than most people.

If you want a cerebral, "chess-like" fighting style, maybe try BJJ. It's completely different to what you're used to, but it's a real thinker's game. It's expensive as fuck though. My judo club costs $100/yr, but the local BJJ clubs are something like $50/week. But most of them are MMA clubs that also do MT stuff and have gym facilities, so I guess you get what you pay for.

Anyway, KK allows elbows, but not holds or throws. I think you're also allowed a single punch after they've been knocked down.
>>
File: Fallkniven-MC1-1[1].jpg (255 KB, 800x708) Image search: [Google]
Fallkniven-MC1-1[1].jpg
255 KB, 800x708
not using pic related to clear the hearts and mines of the arab people
>>
File: happy_alucard.png (378 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
happy_alucard.png
378 KB, 704x396
>>27776331
Jesus fucking Christ. Can this guy be my grandpa?
also, Bongs what the fuck happened to you?
>>
>>27773290
its fucking gay that alot of states have laws against carrying one.
>>
>>27780704
You know seeing all this talk about knife play and stuff makes me want to get back into fencing.
Man was it fun but there is no longer a club in my area.
>>
>>27773290
the fairbairn-sykes is pretty as shit, but it's not without flaws.
The applegate-fairbairn is technically superior, since it is a sturdier shape to allow slashing attacks as needed while still fulfilling all the same dagger functions, as well as having an adjustable weight balance to accomodate your preferred grip.

But it's not nearly as pretty.
>>
File: gurkha.jpg (45 KB, 489x613) Image search: [Google]
gurkha.jpg
45 KB, 489x613
>>27773720
>>27773745
>>27780893
>a healthy size/weight advantage on the people he was attacking.
>Gurka and Honduran
>size/weight advantage
>>
A spear.
>>
File: Y1xdPBH.jpg (85 KB, 599x800) Image search: [Google]
Y1xdPBH.jpg
85 KB, 599x800
>>27804825
Daggers were worn with rapiers to parry and lock thrusts during fights and duels.

Knives, idk if single edged weapons count as daggers... proably not, but "Daggers", we used to defend against rapier thrusts.
It's entirely possible to defend against a knife with a dagger fitting the era of the 1600's... if you know what your doing.
>>
File: 1358742933076.jpg (66 KB, 500x440) Image search: [Google]
1358742933076.jpg
66 KB, 500x440
>>27780893
>In a self defense scenario you need to kill or incapacitate your opponent NOW, not three minutes from now, not thirty seconds from now, right fucking now. You can't to that reliably with a knife.
>>
>>27773274

i'd go with a good sized bowie knife
>>
>>27776331

One of the suggested videos after that, holy shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4_VqgqBk7E
>>
>>27773626

if you can find an older KABAR, they are worth the buy.
>>
>>27780995
Judo is nice and all but in a corner it's not very easy to bust some moves...
>inb4:Stop watching MMA you faggot

Muay Thai has a lot of strikes that can be done in confined places that you can use in a variety of positions. i am NOT saying Judo is shit... im saying Muay Thai is more versatile. I hit a Muay Thai program just to stay in shape im not fuckin MMA tapout motherfucker. I just go to keep my body good enough to get my gf wet on contact.
Point is.... muay thai isn't all hype, there is hype but it's still a totally viable martial art.
>>
>>27807788
>>27780995
>>27780903
>>27780877
>>27780813
>>27780808
Hey, you two fairies understand that this is a knife thread, right? Way to stay on topic. Why don't you just get a room and grapple?
>>
>>27786223
You might be the biggest faggot in the world.
>>
>>27773591
>>27773656
Listen up rookies, I've been watching knife fights for longer than you can think, and the brass stacks of the matter are that the battle is usually decided before it begins, because nine times out of ten, the winner got smart- pipe bomb smart.

Nothing stops a pipe bomb knife, and nothing ever will. Precision made to provide all the benefits of the knife, with the great equalizer inherent to the pipe bomb.

No need to worry about rearming, as you can simply pick up your enemies knife afterwards. A trophy of sorts.
>>
File: Ballistic_knife-01a.jpg (40 KB, 400x263) Image search: [Google]
Ballistic_knife-01a.jpg
40 KB, 400x263
>>27808711
Part pipe.
Part knife.
All deadly.
>>
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 850x567) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 850x567
>>
File: 1446617318097.jpg (215 KB, 1058x1058) Image search: [Google]
1446617318097.jpg
215 KB, 1058x1058
>>27808792
>bringing curved blades to a gentlemen's affair
>>
>>27808744
How actually effective are these? I've seen some videos and understand they have massive spring tension but how lethal would one be if you landed an medium range shot to an assailant's torso? I just am not sure if I would trust one for that purpose.

>>27808815
Still can't deny a Karambit is a beautiful blade design, the finger hole is can be used to snap fingers off an assailant too, if you're really that fucking savage.
>>
>>27808888
>the finger hole is can be used to snap fingers off an assailant too, if you're really that fucking savage
>>
>>27808888
It gives all the benefit of throwing a knife without a means to retrieve the blade. Truly a marvel of modern engineering.
>>
>>27783708
So...get a Zulu spear?
>>
Figured this would be the thread to ask, where can I get myself a gladius that isn't complete ass? I want one for the shits and giggles.
>>
>>27773274
Knife as defined by my state? I'd take a rapier. For some reason (legally) knife just means "sharp and metal" in Indiana, with no mention of length.
>>
>>27808904
I hate how no one remembers the ballistic knife that has a fucking gun in the handle, instead of that cartooney blade-launching mechanism.

That's the knife I'd bring to a knife fight.
>>
>>27807822
I'll fairy you right in the butthole....
>>
>>27808893
Id like to see that...

Excuse me sir, our quarrel has taken up rather quickly. Id like to resolve this so I can just be on my way. Please place your index finger through this hole, here.

Oh, alright.

Crack!

Thank you for your co-operation! I wish you the best on your mugging in the future.

Ahhh, yes, thank you sir, good day to you.
>>
>>27810412
I'll bet you would, you fucking homo.
>>
>>27780783
>>27780806
>>27780808
Aikido has some moves like this as well, the whole martial art is based on the attacker being off balanced and you redirecting their attacks.
>>
>>27811960
>Aikido has a version of ouchi gari
Oh wow, well done, congratulations!
It's in almost every grappling style on the planet.
The difference is that aikidoka have literally no idea how to actually do it.
Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.