[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone own, or has anyone used any Sako rifles? Looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Does anyone own, or has anyone used any Sako rifles? Looking at buying a Sako 85.. trying to find some opinions on them
>>
>>27586574
Some of the best rifles for the money. Incredibly accurate too. Imo the only downside is the price.
>>
Very good rifles.

But you can get a good rifle for less money if you buy Japanese. The Howa 1500 is sold under like 10 different brand names, they're solid guns for a good price.

If you're on a tight budget go with the Howa, if not go with the Sako.
>>
Top tier amongst non custom bolt guns.
>>
>>27586601
Yeah they go for anywhere between 2500 and 5000 for the 85 model here in Australia . The price isn't an issue so i think that's settled it thanks!
>>
>>27586656
>Yeah they go for anywhere between 2500 and 5000 for the 85 model here in Australia

I hope they're Australian monopoly dollars.
Since a brand new model 85 costs like 1600-2000US here in Sweden. Unless you go for one of the really fancy models.
>>
>not buying Sako RK-62

Well fuck ur anti-fun
>>
>>27586574
canada approves
>>
>>27586574
Sako - Silky smooth bolt. Accurate. Good shooter. I never owned one but I did hunt/target practice with one an older friend owned. Wanted to buy it but at the time I was a young poorfag.
>>
>>27586574
Expensive, but you get what you pay for. If they're over your budget, Tikka rifles are almost as good, but not quite. Significantly cheaper though.
>>
>>27586752
Addendum: A few years later, I worked at a gun store and convinced a long-time hunter to try one out. He showed up at the store a few weeks later raving about the gun. Purchased a few more to replace some of his current rifles.

Not trying to over sell here but like a bourbon aficionado knows when they find a good bourbon, people that know guns know when they have a good one.
>>
>>27586716
I like it.

Ugly stock colour though. Should be green or grey/white for muh snows.
>>
>>27586712
Mate if i could legally have it in Australia believe me i would

>>27586778
I love the look of them and i had heard stories that they were great rifles, just wanted some honest opinions instead of the blokes behind the counter trying to sell them to me
>>
>>27586779
it is meant to be seen. can't quite remember the reason though.
>>
>>27586574
Regularly use a Sako 75 in Aus, absolutely lovely rifle. Very accurate and generally just a nice gun. Everything about it is just made well.
Expensive though, the rifle in question cost around $3000AUD.

>>27586689
Guns in Australia are absurdly expensive unless your talking about surplus 303s. Some are only mildly more expensive but others can easily be 3-4 times the price they are in the US, gun dealerships probably pass off a lot of the costs they have to bare onto customers. As well general government fuckery making it an already semi-obscure sport. Shit gets expensive.
>>
Only downside to the 85 to me is the mounting system. I'm not a fan of proprietary shit.

Although the optilocks are rock solid.
>>
Uncle has a sako bolt action .22 (With a silencer no less) that thing is the most accurate rifle I have ever shot.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.