[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ I was wandering for lack of a better phrase; "If
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: The_Martian_2014[1].jpg (10 KB, 263x400) Image search: [Google]
The_Martian_2014[1].jpg
10 KB, 263x400
Hey /k/

I was wandering for lack of a better phrase;
"If I join the military, will it hold me back or hinder me legally or otherwise in the future?"

I just came back from the movie "The Martian" [warning spoiler alert] and when commander lewis is describing the plan to rescue watney she comments that the other astronauts will probably be excluded from future missions for the mutiny whereas her and Martinez will be court martialed for their involvement.

I was wondering if military service will have other repercussions in life like, If I join the australian army will I be excluded from entering a country like russia or something, or if I get into a fight and kill someone in self defense would I be judged harsher for my "training".

I think I remember another movie where a marine or Seal killed a guy in self defense and because he was an elite soldier he was sentenced more severely because of it.

I obviously ask because I want to join the military.
>>
>>27586507

No, unless the world goes cold war 2.0, you wont be excluded from entering places based solely on your mil service.

If it does, it wont be your mil service that stops you, but the fact that you are a westerner.
>>
>>27586537
In the US military depending on your commander and job, you may not be permitted to travel to certain countries. Especially Muslim ones.
This is only while serving though. Once you're out you can do whatever.
>>
>>27586507
>If I join the australian army will I be excluded from entering a country like russia or something

Nobody gives a fuck.
>>
>I think I remember another movie where a marine or Seal killed a guy in self defense and because he was an elite soldier he was sentenced more severely because of it.

Here's a little tip: don't get advice on legal self-defense from fucking CON AIR
>>
As my father was a serving RAF Intel officer, and followed around an Air Marshal at the time who handled sensitive nuclear secrets and other weapons testing related information, I and my family are still forbidden from entering any former warsaw pact country (not including current EU/NATO allies), Russia, China, other former or current communist countries and possibly 'hostile' middle eastern states. Despite me knowing almost next to nothing about his service apart from a few small tidbits.
>>
>>27586507
>he thinks Conair is real
>>
>>27587150
Somehow I doubt that.
>>
>>27587184
It's a bloody good job it doesn't effect you or me one way or another if you believe it or not.
>>
>>27587095
>not getting your facts from glorious god-king Nicolas Cage I
shiggy
>>
>I think I remember another movie where a marine or Seal killed a guy in self defense and because he was an elite soldier he was sentenced more severely because of it.

Any sentence is ultimately a judgement call form the people passing it. Someone might think it was just trained reflexes and let you off easy, another thinks your training should allow you to act more rationally and with a greater understanding of what your actions may resulting, ie you murdered the guy in cold blood, maximum sentence, next!

>If I join the australian army will I be excluded from entering a country like russia or something,

Dunno, but if someone is trying to decide whether you're a spy or not, then knowing you're ex-mil certainly won't make him any more likely to think you're not.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.