[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My first rifle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: gunbaby.jpg (91 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
gunbaby.jpg
91 KB, 540x405
Here's the deal /k/. I live in Australia, the land of no fun, and have finally gone through all the fuckery to get my firearms license (for range shooting). I know which safe I'm getting, and I know a .22 is a good place to start (I wanna start with a rifle), whats a good first gun that's legal in Australia for about $400 AUD?

Basically everything is classed as an "Assault Weapon". I kind of want a Mosin (which is legal) but I'm not sure if its a good first gun.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>27585231
10/22
>>
File: mag.png (276 KB, 731x390) Image search: [Google]
mag.png
276 KB, 731x390
jesus these prices
>>
>>27585231
OP here
As a sidenote the state I'm in is NSW
>>
>>27585236
I do hope you are joking. A 10/22 is a heavily controlled Cat C/D firearm. Jesus do you want OP to murder the children.

OP a .22 is a great place to start. Low caliber centerfires like a .223 are pretty good as well. I wouldn't suggest a Nagent because the ammo isn't overly common here and the recoil will be too much for a new shooter to handle well.

Consider something like a second hand CZ 452 for a .22. If you want a centerfires consider spending a bit more and getting a Tikka T3 or Mossberg MVP.
>>
>>27585258
custom built?
>>
Get a shitty Savage .22 with bushnell scope for $450, and go from there. Anyone that spends over $500 on a .22 has aids.
>>
>>27585231
You're better off looking for a Enfield if you want a milsurp rifle. Much cheaper than a Mosin here and generally a better rifle.

Any bolt action .22 from a respected manufacturer is a good first gun.
>>
can u get norinco jw-15c in aus? they seem to be good chink rifles
>>
Fellow Aussie,

a 22LR is a great place to start, buy one, learn the in's and out and move on from there.

Norinco/Puma JW15 is probably the cheapest NEW rifle you can buy (200-300).
Savage MKII - a VERY good rifle, very very accurate and usually can be found at a good price(both new and 2nd hand $250-500)
CZ's are excellent also but a lot more expensive (500-900)

Go nuts, I have 3x 22LR's all serve different purposes. Target, Hunting, Service competition. All have pro's and cons.

$5-10 per box of 50 is a hell of a lot cheaper to learn than $20+/20 for 223 or the massive amount you will pay for millsurp mosin ammo.

Enjoy!
>>
Realistically OP, this is the sort of thing you are looking for:

https://www.usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=64079

CZ BRNO's are fantastic starter guns that you will keep forever as plinking/bunny guns.
>>
>>27585231
Nagants aren't as poorfag guns in Australia as they seem to be in the US, but they're still fairly cheaply priced and you can get ammo for them pretty cheap.
A .22 would be better.

>>27585404
They're custom "modified" to only hold 10 rounds so that Cleavers can mass import them. QLD has magazine capacity restrictions but people still want big looking magazines for some reason. By getting them restricted it means Cleavers doesn't have to go through all the bullshit of getting Cat C/D items and can also sell them to the general public. They have Pmags and other ones too.

>>27586761
This OP, those Brnos fly off shelves here. Bit pricier but everyone swears by them. Or a Norinco like others suggested, a mate of mine has one and it's a decent gun for the ~$300 he paid for it new.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.