[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the crotch straps doable /k/? I want a way to hold down my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: MGS3 Snake Reference.png (745 KB, 1024x1280) Image search: [Google]
MGS3 Snake Reference.png
745 KB, 1024x1280
Are the crotch straps doable /k/? I want a way to hold down my plate carrier to prevent it from flopping around, currently I leave it somewhat loose for maximum breathability but it does bounce a bit when sprinting. Can these be done without pinching the hell out of my sack?
>>
You don't want straps in that area. Neat but bad idea. Strap it to your belt and adjust from there.
>>
>>27582956
That's a harness, do you plan on scaling the Grand Canyon or Skyscrapers?
>>
>>27582956
>Can these be done without pinching the hell out of my sack?
how big is your sack?
>>
>>27582991
They're really not tho. He has them because they're part of his parachute-harness-cum-gear-harness, because he parachutes in both times he's wearing this getup.
>>
>>27583070
This
>MGS has multiple games where Stabo harness is worn
>Never once is it actually used for the intended role
>>
Do you have plates in your PC?
>>
>>27583070
If you've worn that rig before you'd know it would not be a good idea for this application.
>>
>>27583179
Hey man I never said it was a good idea, or that Kojima knew what he was doing, I just said what it was used for in game.
>totally ass-covering, didn't even know what the STABO harness was for until >>27583157 came along.
>>
>>27582956
To answer your question, OP, with some slight modifications, I can see this being somewhat useful for your purposes, but it's a weird idea. As long as you properly fit the harness, you wont strangulate your dick.
>>
>>27582956
If you try this, I'd go with the crotch straps connecting to the waist strap on your sides, instead of straight down the front. Seems like when under tension, it would pull outward on your thighs instead of upward in your balls.
>>
>>27583166
no
>>
>>27582956
>>27583554
>Wearing your plate carrier loose-fitting
>wearing a plate carrier without plates
Just stop. If your carrier is shifting around when you move then you tighten it and deal with it being hot, a better carrier will have 3D mesh or even cooling channels on the interior. And if you aren't going to use plates you should get a chest rig or some LBE setup if you need more equipment, both of these will be less restrictive and cooler than a plate carrier.
>>
>>27583660
I don't care about it being hot, I care about being able to breathe, chest rigs can't be configured and are too floppy
>>
>>27583719
>chest rigs can't be configured and are too floppy
Most chest rigs I've seen including my Eagle Ind. rig have MOLLE on the front, and regarding floppiness the solution is still to just tighten it. That is pretty much the only solution to any piece of gear flopping around.
>>
>>27583157
>Never once is it actually used for the intended role

>HALO jump like the first scene of MGS3
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.