[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come in nearly every firefight video I've seen the enemy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
How come in nearly every firefight video I've seen the enemy is never visible in the videos? Judging from the audio in most of them it seems like even the participants aren't sure where they're shooting from either and just start mag dumping in the general location of the shots. Somebody please explain modern firefight tactics to me.

I'm not dogging on them or anything, I just don't understand it at all.
>>
>>27582371
they are far away and cameras are bad at making far away shit visible if not zoomed in(worse than human eye).
>>
If you have someone shooting at you from 60 feet away, the last thing on your mind is to pull out a camera, when they are that close you shoot or get shot.
>>
>>27582371
My buddy did a deployment in Kunar and he said average engagements that were not inside a house were between 350-500m. I imagine that would be hard to see on a shitty gopro
>>
>>27582402
..most of these videos were shot prior to the shooting starting, generally they go like this:

>onna patrol walkin
>crack crack
>SUPPRESSINGFIRE.cyril
>shitfuckshitfuckshit
>lotsa running to somewhere
>shoot at some trees in the distance
>>
>>27582371
Talibanana practices shoot and scoot tactics and murder holes usually around 200 yards or so. That and

>>27582402
>>27582392
>>
>>27582371
You'll never see anything good on those videos. Just suppressing fire. You could watch a hundred of them and never see one sand nigger shooting back.
>>
>>27582371
Because usually when you shoot at the enemy, you want to do it from somewhere where it's hard to get seen.
>>
File: Not Real Life.jpg (28 KB, 907x447) Image search: [Google]
Not Real Life.jpg
28 KB, 907x447
I think they shoot more at "that building" or "those bushes". It's not like they can just stand up and pull the binoculars out and just look around without getting shot.
>>
>>27582371
Because GoPro and cell phone cameras auto-focus on the close in stuff. The baddies 100+ yards away aren't going to be visible.
>>
>>27582553
>filename
I think the point of that scene was to be a hyperbole about the insanity and surreal nature of being in war, coupled with the off-the-fucking-wall people you encounter in the service.
>>
We see much more clearly than even UHD cameras are capable of recording images. Human eyes are capable of resolving an angle as small as 0.0003 mils - that's like 1ft at 1100yds in favourable conditions.

You cannot see anything close to that amount of detail in a compressed youtube video.
>>
>>27582371

1. These gopros are not zoomed in and generally have a pretty wide default angle.
2. Often times they don't see them. They are hundreds of meters away and hide in vegetation. They'll primarily spot dust kicking up and shoot at that.
3. Close quarters footage with visible death is not allowed to be posted by the US military. Take for instance the footage of the near miss with the RPG from <50m. You know they proceed to clear the compound he shot from and kill him at short distance, but the video is cut before they enter.
4. The action that is filmed typically from Afghanistan is called a react to contact. A team will patrol as a show of force (basically bait), they will be ambushed, and they will return fire until they can move, another unit can maneuver to counter attack, a firing mission is called, or air support is called.
>>
>>27582553
>>27582612
I don't buy it. Apocalypse Now was clearly a documentary. Why go on the internet and lie?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.