[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, I'm about to be fucking done. I spent $70 on a shitty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 20151015_182449.jpg (385 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
20151015_182449.jpg
385 KB, 1280x960
Guys, I'm about to be fucking done. I spent $70 on a shitty air rifle and scope to get in some cheap shooting practice in my back yard and the scope absolutely refuses to zero. There's a few problems I could have, but I'm not sure which one needs fixing.

>Crappman 4X15 sight ($5)
>No name pump air rifle (700 fps)
>shooting from 45 meters

>inb4 underage
>inb4 noguns
>>
File: French_Armaments.jpg (125 KB, 847x960) Image search: [Google]
French_Armaments.jpg
125 KB, 847x960
>>27580800
Reminds me of pic related.
>>
>>27580800
throw the scope away and use the irons
>>
>>27580800
You get what you pay for m8
>>
>>27580819
Almost used that for the OP

>>27580827
Irons are off. They shoot left way too far.
>>
>>27580800
Are you British?
>>
>>27580885
American. I literally just bought it so I could shoot in my back yard.

>>27580872
But it's a machine. It's not like I'm pushing it too far and it feels solid enough.
>>
I had the same thing happen when i bought a similar cheap scope. Spend more and get a decent one.
>>
I have a daisy pump master 880 and the scope it comes with is garbage and never zeroed and looks like your. Your better off buying a decent one like this.

http://www.amazon.com/Winchester-Daisy-Outdoor-Products-Scope/dp/B002QB5E52
>>
>>27580876
>Irons are off. They shoot left way too far.
if they have adjustment adjust em if they dont shim em or bend em
>>
Remount and make sure it is right and even... Spread the mounts as far apart as you can.
>>
You using pellets or BBs?
Pellets go straight; BBs will fly wherever the fuck they want to.
>>
I have the same scope mounted on a $40 Crosman pump gun. Works fine.
>>
File: 1438525495402.jpg (356 KB, 1632x916) Image search: [Google]
1438525495402.jpg
356 KB, 1632x916
>>27580800
>shitty $70 off brand air rifle
>$5 scope
>700fps
>45
Mate, that's definitely too far out for something like that for starters, not to mention that scope probably wouldn't stay zeroed for any rifle. Try shooting closer up with irons until you want to splash out for something a bit better with more lower and you need to get a fairly decent scope as regular rifle scopes get beat up aa lot from the weird recoil an air rifle has
>pic a bit more related but not mine
>>
>>27580800
Yes the scope is crap, but it should be adequate for your purposes if used right.

Your "700 FPS" air rifle probably shoots closer to 500 FPS with lead pellets, the manufacturers use aluminum/pot metal pellets to get inflated muzzle velocities. This results in a tremendous vulnerability to wind drift at any range.

It is possible that your pellets are shitty and that is the problem, but your observation that they are consistently going to the left indicates it is probably due to wind drift.

Try shooting closer to 10 yards for zeroing, then work your way out from there.

If the irons are actually off to one side and it's not just due to wind drift or whatever, file one side of the notch in the rear sight out until it shoots straight.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.