[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wat do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Alright /k/ I need your help
So great gramps kicked the bucket a few months ago.
Before that, he gave me an old m3 knife and I want to make it not look like shit
Do I just not fuck with it? Or should I get the rust off?
>>
>>27578836
Get it restored if you want to spend some extra money. But for the love of god don't try and restore it yourself you will just ruin the knife. Let a professional do it.
>>
>>27578836
Do what >>27578879
this anon said, don't do it yourself.

Any story behind it?
>>
>>27578836
Angle grinder or dremel.

JK, coat it in a rust treatment and work it over with an emory cloth, carefully avoiding any marking of the hilt. Re-oil with a good gun lube and sheathe it, store in a dry, UV-free place.
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Great gramps was a medic in ww2, after the war ended he brought back a lot of us army stuff and whatnot
>>
File: 100_1405.jpg (2 MB, 4288x3216) Image search: [Google]
100_1405.jpg
2 MB, 4288x3216
ayyy i got the same one
>>
>>27579008
>>27578836
Soft cloth and oil, no abrasives.

Nice blade marked Imperial. Collector value isn't to high because of conditions but I like M3's.

>>27579054
That isn't a common maker.

I have a tang marked Imperial in my collection.

My Uncle wrote the book on these knives, I recommend it if you can find a copy. They have been out of print.

http://www.usmilitaryknives.com/coniglio.htm
>>
>>27579054
Boker is a German knife company... HOW IRONIC!

>>27578836
You toss that shit out, better yet: burn it to smite the ignorance of the worst generation ever and it's fratricidal war.
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Grandpa was also in a gang when he was serving in the Aleutians
>>
make some new leather for the handle but save the original in a airtight bag
>>
>>27578836
wipe down the blade and other metal parts with WD40 if you decide that you just want to stop the rust
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.