[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, I've got a bit of an odd question to ask. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: tag you're it.png (207 KB, 307x400) Image search: [Google]
tag you're it.png
207 KB, 307x400
Hey /k/, I've got a bit of an odd question to ask. What do you think would be the most unsettling event/engagement to be put through in WW1? If just *bip* you're suddenly in the trenches, or in Belleau Wood (my favorite, although I'm a marinetard so there's the bias). Admittedly it's for a roleplaying game that I'll be hosting in the future, so shit like an artillery/mortar strike instagibbing you wouldn't work. I'm not that well versed on WW1 history to be honest, and could use some help.
>>
My top three would be the Somme, Verdun, and Passchendaele. Cliche, but they're well-known for good reason.

For the Somme I'd choose going over the top in the first day and just seeing your m8s get slaughtered, for Verdun I choose just enduring so much shelling that your brain turns to mush, and for Passchendaele I'd choose drowning in some puddle in a shellhole because your limbs have been disabled.
>>
>>27576497
Thread, I'd reverse the order though.
>>
>>27576463
>>27576497
Which ever battle had the first use of mustard gas.
>>
>>27576507
... No autocorrect, that / wasn't a typo
>>
>>27576511
Look up Ypres and the ypérite.
>>
OP here

jesus christ Passchendaele sounds brutal
>>
>>27576521
Look up the fighting for the "Fort de Vaux" during the Battle of Verdun.
>>
>>27576529
I like the idea of this - and it's got a shitload of potential, yeah, but it's more of a long-term session than I'd want to do to instill the mood. The apathy, depression, et cetera. I wouldn't want to whitewash something like that. But, summarizing the dull pitter-patter of rain on a gasmask you're somehow wearing, uncontrollable murmurs all around you with nowhere to go, then a whistle and a resounding bellow of 'Over the top!' - cliche, sure - would do well I think
>>
>>27576566
Fighting with grenades, bayonets, shovels and flame-throwers in the poorly lit small corridors of a Fort you need to protect at all cost seems horrible. Could be interesting for a /k/ Halloween night.
>>
>>27576600
Or with your buddies, if you could score some cheap knock-off gasmasks.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.