[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, what do you guys think of the OH-58D Kiowa? Anyone here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Kiowa and Apache.jpg (82 KB, 800x588) Image search: [Google]
Kiowa and Apache.jpg
82 KB, 800x588
Hey /k/, what do you guys think of the OH-58D Kiowa? Anyone here have experience with him (flying or CAS)?
>>
Like the appendix, it once had a function that was vital. Over time, however, that purpose has been shuffled to other pieces of equipment. It remains but it's original function has been long forgotten.

If they were giving them away cheap, I'd definitely pick up one. Imagine the fireworks show you could put on by filling launcher tubes with roman candles and mortar fireworks for new years and independence day.
>>
>>27569115
Rip ;_;
>>
Kiowas aren't anything special.

The pilots on the other hand...
>>
>>27569597
Ive heard they're pretty crazy
>>
>>27569895
It's safe to assume that if they fly a light recon chopper, they're fucking insane. This goes back to Vietnam with Cayuse pilots.
>>
>>27569956
My dad was actually one during the 1990s.
He never was deployed when he was, and actually was stationed in Germany, near the Fulda Gap, and part of the border patrol for awhile.
As a result, he doesnt have many crazy stories, besides in Korea when an Westpoint Lt. fucked up.
>>
>>27569115
>Dat Freudian slip
>>
>>27570367
You drop that tag line and then don't post? Jerk.
>>
The Kiowa, through over 2 million flight hours and over 800,000 combat flight hours, provided the guys on the ground with a safe ride home for many a year. It's sad to see them go, honestly. The Apache is great and all, but it sucks as a recon bird. Too expensive and too much maintenance. The Army obviously had no fucking clue what to do until they find a replacement when they double-tasked an attack platform like that.

>>27569895
They are absolutely batshit insane. But they're some of the best people to walk this earth. I wouldn't trade a Kiowa pilot for 50 Apache pilots.
>>
>>27569115
i like them
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.