[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kahr Gen 2 Premium
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Gen2_Premium_Features.jpg (77 KB, 1147x708) Image search: [Google]
Gen2_Premium_Features.jpg
77 KB, 1147x708
Why?
>>
File: Screenshot 2015-10-13 20.57.44.png (285 KB, 945x599) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2015-10-13 20.57.44.png
285 KB, 945x599
>>27559987
Not sure why the actual features weren't part of the image, but OK
>>
Competition guns in ban states?

Kahrs are fairly good/great quality guns in general.
>>
>>27559987

They're a cult OP, the more questions you ask, the more questions there will be. Remember that time Kahr almost fucked over the entire firearms manufacturing industry? Me too anon, me too.
>>
>>27560639

Can I hear the story?

Also what the fuck is that serial tag.
>>
>>27560705

Waaaaaay back in far-gone 2005 there was once a company named Kahr Arms. Kahr Arms ran a factory in gun un-friendly Massachusetts, probably because the Korean cult-church its founder is one of the heirs to owns a shit ton of real estate in Massachussetts for some fucking reason. Now Kahr Arms, like other businesses associated with a certain Korean cult-church looked all well and good on the surface, but a big part of running a shady operation is making the exterior of the turd look like it has been finely polished with Brasso that smells of lilac and the nape of her neck as you gently caress her (you know what I'm talking about). Well, Kahr wasn't too big on the inconsequential things, like vetting employees for criminal histories or keeping a passable security standard at their factory. You see, a certain spic who found employment at the Kahr factory had a nasty little cocaine habit, and maybe a felony or two, but that didn't necessarily matter. Well, one day the spic decided it wouldn't be a bother to his employer if he nabbed a spring here, a trigger assembly there, and an entire fucking frame his employer wouldn't notice. Well, as it turns out, this spic decided to assemble those parts and sell a completed gun to Jamal in exchange for some booger sugar. Next thing you know, some dindu gets shot up inside a club and the murder weapon was el spic-o's franken-Kahr. The super-anti-fun Masshole DA, and eventually state attorney general, get on Kahr and begin to press them for their records. It turns out, Kahr didn;t keep books for shit, their security was awful, and el spic-o was hired without a second thought (or a background check apparently).

cont.
>>
>>27561029

part 2.

All this leads to the DA and AG spinning together a case which would possibly set the precedent that firearms manufacturers are responsible for things their employees do, any gun or part that somehow makes it out the factory off the books and is used in a crime, and I sure bet those palm clasping liberal lawyers were hoping for a ruling that would set a precedent that would basically allow any overzealous DA or AG to go after any gun manufacturer whenever they damn well wanted. So, the prodigal moonie pulls some strings, the NRA gets dragged into it, and Bush signs a law that basically prohibits firearms manufacturers from being liable for shit they didn't directly do.

The End.

Avoid Kahr. The guns may be of good/decent quality up front, but from what I have heard ever y other aspect of their business sucks. Their customer service is awful, and there are questions about who or what really owns them. Jason Moon is apparently a real snake. Chalks up his cool, new, innovative patents when he's really just buying rights from Rohrbaugh, and skirting around the patents on what they didn't give sell him rights to. Now that they've forced the gun community to bail them out once, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried any sneaky shit in the future expecting us to bail them out again. They aren't what the gun community needs in terms of public image. Besides, now that everyone and their brother has jumped on the polymer frame single stack bandwagon, their guns aren't anything special anymore.
>>
THey make deagles!!!

You can buy.
>>
>>27561143
>>27560056
Why do you guys think Kahrs are good quality guns? I thought they were Kel-Tec/RIA/Ruger/Hi-Point style budget poorfag pieces of junk.

I guess it doesn't matter since it's not possible for me to be less interested in a firearm but that was my impression.
>>
>>27559987
why did sig make the 320?
Why did glock make the 42 and 43?

To cash in on a market they had never thought necessary but time has caught up with them
>>
>>27561442
>Why do you guys think Kahrs are good quality guns?
Because they are? They aren't sexy and tacticool though, which is why they're often ignored. But many people view the slim single stack profile and sweet revolver-like triggers as positive attributes. I actually wish Glock triggers could be made like that, I'd be a lot more interested in them as carry pieces.

>>27561442
>Kel-Tec/RIA/Ruger/Hi-Point
>implying any of these companies are comparable in quality
>>
>>27561143
>They aren't what the gun community needs in terms of public image.
Neither is this board. Or frankly 95% of the retards on American-based gun websites - TTAG being another prime example.
>Besides, now that everyone and their brother has jumped on the polymer frame single stack bandwagon, their guns aren't anything special anymore.
The triggers still set them apart from everyone else, and are a selling point to many. So is the fact that you can also buy all-steel versions.
>>
>>27562466
I guess I just wasn't ever interested because no police or military units use them and they seem kind of cheaply made.

I see your point about the slimness. Besides Kahrs, 1911s pretty much have that market more or less pinned, at least for larger-framed guns. I mean the P220 is single stack but still pretty fat.

I always thought the Beretta 92-series had a revolver-esque DA pull. But they are not "slim" by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>27561143
Well. I own a ct9, I love it, I don't care.
>>
>>27561029
>you know what I'm talking about
nope
>>
>>27561442
Good quality materials and machining, good designs. They're just very niche in purpose.

>Long, smooth trigger pull
>Simple, no-snag controls
>Slimmer than most competitor's single stacks
My only complaint is that they don't do aluminum/alloy frames.
>>
>>27560056
>Kahr
>Good
Please, go shoot something nice.

Also, the fact that their "premium" guns have metal-reinforced slide rails listed as a feature tells you a somewhat spooky story.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.