[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The second Act, passed May 8, 1792, provided for the organization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: soldier-american.gif (54 KB, 499x768) Image search: [Google]
soldier-american.gif
54 KB, 499x768
>The second Act, passed May 8, 1792, provided for the organization of the state militias. It conscripted every "free able-bodied white male citizen" between the ages of 18 and 45 into a local militia company. (This was later expanded to all males, regardless of race, between the ages 18-54)
>Militia members, referred to as "every citizen, so enrolled and notified," "...shall within six months thereafter, provide himself..." with a musket, bayonet and belt, two spare flints, a cartridge box with 24 bullets, and a knapsack. Men owning rifles were required to provide a powder horn, 1/4 pound of gunpowder, 20 rifle balls, a shooting pouch, and a knapsack.

If something like this existed today, what kind of gear would it require us to own and what would you make your kit out of?
>>
>>27554662
Full auto Davy Crocket nuclear launchers with extra range and at least 100 warheads.

Gotta kill dem bugs good.
>>
File: 1441468014667.jpg (164 KB, 835x776) Image search: [Google]
1441468014667.jpg
164 KB, 835x776
>>27554662
it would probably be
>Armed with a dragon dildo and one pack of cum lube
>for rectal wreckage every time we, the federal gov, want to trample on your rights

naw, but seriously, if we were as based now as we were then
>AR 15 for interchangeability with milsurp
>1000 rounds of 5.56
>combat knife
>water canteen
>>
>>27554662
>a musket or rifle
AR-15 in 5.56 compatible with milspec parts
>bayonet and belt
Self explanatory, just get a combat knife and a sling
>two spare flints
Probably the equivalent of a cleaning kit I guess
>cartridge box with 24 bullets, 1/4 pound powder, 20 rifle balls
Not sure what the modern equivalent would be in terms of actual numbers, but have some loaded magazines for your rifle.
>knapsack, powder horn and shooting pouch
Backpack and chest rig

Some kind of helmet would probably desired, maybe some kind of body armor if they wanted to be really thorough.

I'd probably have a basic AR-15, with a nato bayonet, medium Alice pack and a Chicom type 81 chest rig because I'm a poorfag. Probably a surplus metal helmet.
>>
>>27554902
>>27554709

Sounds about right. I'd add some kind of eating implement, a sleeping bag, something to make fire and an ID.

Maybe a phone with maps and calculator.
>>
>>27555098
What are the chances that in the event where militia units would have the be activated on US soil that we'd still have our cellular networks in tact for the purpose of using phones as GPS? Also signal can be spotty outside of cities depending on the area.

I'd rather have a real GPS than use my phone one.
>>
>>27554709
>AR 15
If we were as based as they were back then, they'd be full fledged M16s.
>>
>>27554662
That Carolina rifleman. Aw yea
>>
>>27554709
That image is shit cause we didnt win the revolutionary war
>>
File: photo-64230.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
photo-64230.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>27555524
>total withdrawal from a territory and ceding it is not defeat
You're right, you didn't, Britbongia.

Now gb2/int/
>>
>>27555627
Nah fam, we just didnt lose
>>
Its called the draft, everyone will be drafted. Nobody will be in citizen militias except older people and disabled people. Except all those in the state militaries and the federal governments military, of coarse.

In case of a civil war It will never come down to American armed civilians vs a tyrannical government, it will be two or more factions of the government drafting everyone.
>>
>>27555637
Not sure if retarded or troll

Luckily the end result is the same. Fuck off retard.
>>
>>27555685
The only retard here is you my friend
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.