[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My uncle gave me this Blackhawk for free because it has no cylinder.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
My uncle gave me this Blackhawk for free because it has no cylinder. I found a replacement on gunbroker for $110, is that a good price?
>>
>>27553098
Also would having a different cylinder lower it's value?

Its a really gun and worth a good deal.
>>
idk but seems like you re getting 44mag for well under 150 so yes
>>
>>27553098
You could try calling Ruger to see if you can just order a new cylinder from them. Since it's a current production gun, odds are good that you can. But the $100 range sounds like it's probably appropriate for this kind of part. What caliber is your gun?

>>27553111
The cylinder is not serialized, so there would be no way for future buyers to know it was a replacement part, if you ever decided to sell it.
>>
>>27553098
Also, you might want to do a little research before buying just to make sure the replacement cylinder is correct to your gun. The Blackhawk was redesigned at one point and there was a major recall. I don't think the cylinder was the point of concern, but you never know what kinds of things get replaced when a gun manufacturer has a recall.
>>
>>27553098
>Also would having a different cylinder lower it's value?
No, having a cylinder would make the gun worth more than not having a cylinder. But seriously, no not really. there is no historical value to the gun so no one would care as long as the finish matches.

Just make sure you get the right one. My brother and I both have one in .357 mine is a new model convertible and his is not a convertible not sure if its new model or not. The cylinders between the two are not interchangeable.
>>
>>27553462
It's 357 Magnum.

The serial number suggests that it was made in the early 80s, so I don't think the post 2005 model cylinder will work.
>>
My ruger blackhawk cylinders are serialized to match the frame. This is because they are fit to the frame. If you buy one not originally for that frame, I would consult with a qualified gunsmith.
>>
>>27558242
A new cylinder will definitely have to have its timing checked by a gunsmith

>>27557149
You could always try to get a 9mm cylinder and a 357 cylinder so you can have a convertible blackhawk
>>
>>27558278
Mine >>27558242
Are a convertable 45. it shoots 45 colt and 45 acp.

Good advice anon. Cheaper and more fun plinking.
>>
>>27558797
That's probably why they are serialized, my super blackhawk isn't but I bet they do it to all the convertibles to avoid confusion
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.