[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Extreme Long Distance Shooting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Hi /k/.

I'm interested in shooting beyond 1000yd. I think it would be cool as shit to regularly shoot beyond a mile.

I want to avoid meme-caliber guns (6.5, 6.7) and I can't afford to shoot 500 rounds of.338 Lapua or .416 Barrett every month.

I want a solid, dependable, non-fudd rifle in .300 Win Mag or .50 BMG for less than $8000.

What optic should I use? I have a hard time understanding the Nightforce and Leupold websites, although I am interested in the Vortex Razor 2 from what I've heard.

Also, extreme-long range thread go.
>>
>>27542843
>wants to shoot "long range"
>doesn't want a 6.5mm "meme caliber"
>would instead like 300wm (for 1 mile shots) or .50BMG

At least you mentioned Razor HD Gen 2

This is a troll thread, so here is your reply I guess.
>>
>>27542843
Have you looked for .408 Cheytac?
>>
>>27542867
>not trolling

I honestly don't know why the Snipershide and leddit long range guys love creedmoor so fucking much.

>.300 WM and .50 BMG because not reloading and the cost per round is less than 6.5, .338, .416 and .408
>>
>>27542882
Yes.
Not terribly thrilled with the direction Cheytac has gone recently, and I have a hard time finding M300s anywhere other than ridiculously overpriced armslist.
>>
>>27542935
I was going to say otherwise go for a Frogrifle by PGM but they mostly make stuff in .308/.338/.50 and they tend to be slightly more expensive than 8 grands. Maybe a second hand PGM Hecate II would fit the bill for you?
>>
>>27542922
There's a nice variety of high BC bullets available

Brass can be made from .308 and any number of .308 parent case brass

Doesn't take much powder

Reasonable barrel life

Flat trajectory

etc.

I am not sure what your disdain for the caliber stems from.

Hold on there it is
>not reloading

And you want to shoot out to 1000 yards or "a mile"

Lol definitely a troll thread.
>>
>>27542867
This

I guess get some ww2 surplus gun that you can get modern ammo for, like a Mosin or something.
>>
>>27542843
Why is 6.5 Swedish a meme caliber?
>>
>>27543043
Outside of the United States, it isn't.

In the US, if you have a fair bit of time and money on your hands and also reload already or willing to get a setup for it then sure, it's a fine option.

Otherwise not much available in terms of rifles, good factory loads etc. A more practical choice in the US would be 6.5CM or .260
>>
>>27542993
>PGM

Very nice. I'll look into it, thanks.
>>
>>27543023
>hurr hurr wanna mosin

6.5 isn't really an option unless reloading, same with .338 lapua, and .408/.416 is really expensive.

.308 isn't reliable past 800 yards, OP wants to shoot beyond 1000, which is the domain of 6.5, .300, .338, .408, .416, and .50.

6.5, .338, .408, and .416 have been ruled out due to availability, cost, and the necessity of reloading
>>
>>27543107
>>27542993
>Hecate II
>In the USA

a ruseman appears
>>
>>27542922
If you want to shoot long distances you have to get into reloading, and really when you buy a $8000 rifle set up for long distance shooting, a reloading set up's cost pales in comparison.
>>
File: aham.jpg (161 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
aham.jpg
161 KB, 1280x853
Obligatory.

https://youtu.be/20Fp239bERs
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.